Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:17:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mastercoin (MSC) value  (Read 891 times)
thcst8 (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:15:04 PM

I'm trying to wrap my head around MSC and something seems off.

If there are 563,162 total MSC today and 12,177,600 total BTC.

If each MSC is around 0.24 BTC we are looking at around 135k BTC worth of MSC out in the wild.

If MSC becomes the standard for trading large amounts of BTC in the 1000's then it would be impossible to do this today because the value of MSC is not high enough.  Plus no single person probably owns enough MSC to make that that big of a transaction.

It seems like 1 MSC would have to exceed 1 BTC to complete large transactions.  I mean like 1 MSC would have to equal 10, 100 or 1000 BTC and we would have to start trading 0.1, 0.01 or 0.001 MSC for each BTC to eventraully trade in large amounts of BTC.  Unless the Exodus address allows us to release more MSC.  Which I probably missed that in reading the specs.

Am I in way left field?  What I guess I am saying is MSC reallly really really under valued?  Don't get me wrong 0.24 BTC is a lot but if MSC becomes the standard then we either need more MSC or the value needs to go way up.

Edit:
This is not a rant about MSC.  I actually purchased some MSC and I am super excited about it Smiley

undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 10:27:09 PM

Current value of MSC is also scam value, Possibly it could go up, there are every possiblity for Alt coins but such value and such exchanging policy wont work with Bitcoin, My Views.
Bitcoin is the root coin for all crypto exchange then whenever other coins goes up bitcoin too goes up cos all the coins are trading holding bitcoin and they are giving back profit to bitcoin so to reach 1-1 also its not possible but good luck for groth and good luck for some coins you own.
Good Luck

thcst8 (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:01:03 PM

Interesting thoughts.  So you're saying no coin could ever be 1 to 1 with bitcoin?   Will MSC have to be traded as if it was an alt coin to increase in value?  Will it increase simply because it has to so it can become the standard way of trading for bitcoins.

instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:02:58 PM

http://themisescircle.org/blog/2013/12/20/mastercoin-is-a-nightmare-of-insanity/
thcst8 (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:23:23 AM

did you read the comments after the article?

instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:24:04 AM

Yes, that's one reason why I posted it
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 12:36:44 AM

Interesting thoughts.  So you're saying no coin could ever be 1 to 1 with bitcoin?   Will MSC have to be traded as if it was an alt coin to increase in value?  Will it increase simply because it has to so it can become the standard way of trading for bitcoins.

The problem with MSC is this coin is came for few people i mean few millionars just holded this in 9 cents and now they are trying to sell it in higher price that is not what we want as a decentralized currency users, first of all It must be open to public to gain from rich to poor everyone equally ie. Mined by public, and traded by public. if we treat MSC in such way then tomorrow any coin could come from a single person or a group and claim thousands of $ and after sold it to public then that person or that group is millionar and when comining back to platform those who bought it they will not get any profit or will loose that is my concern.
Thanks

bluemeanie1

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 12:42:58 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 01:18:15 AM by bluemeanie1

Current value of MSC is also scam value, Possibly it could go up, there are every possiblity for Alt coins but such value and such exchanging policy wont work with Bitcoin, My Views.
Bitcoin is the root coin for all crypto exchange then whenever other coins goes up bitcoin too goes up cos all the coins are trading holding bitcoin and they are giving back profit to bitcoin so to reach 1-1 also its not possible but good luck for groth and good luck for some coins you own.
Good Luck

there is no way to know what the real market demand for MSC is.

I'm not sure where they are getting the price from, but this could be manipulated easily as there are no controls in the cryptoexchanges.  Presumably it is based on the last trade, so if I were the issuers of MSC, and I just churned a few MSC buy selling them to myself, then the price goes up.

so let's say there are 100,000 MSC in existence and I sell a few to myself for $500/each.  that gives us a market cap of 50 million dollars, just by letting go of perhaps a few thousand dollars.  If I am driven to marketing campaign such as this, you can profit when you couple them to promotions(which Mastercoin is clearly running).  Add to that a number of talking heads with seemingly endless(and totally contradictory) explanations of what Mastercoin does and you've got a full fledged PUMP AND DUMP scheme.

We also dont know who is holding MSC, it could be 99.99% the original issuers of MSC.

I can't imagine there being any real demand for this asset.

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?
peer2peer360

Activity: 561

Institute of Advance Blockchain Research

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:36:39 AM

www.coinmarketcap.com

MasterCoin   $ 102,786,595   $ 182.52   563,162 MSC   $ 232,231   +15.91 %   

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: