Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:43:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Waiting for coinbase account verification deposits...  (Read 853 times)
silveraz (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:34:01 PM

I've been waiting for coinbase to send the two small deposits to verify my bank account for 5 weeks now. My support ticket from two weeks ago still has not been answered.

Has anyone else had to wait this long to get verified?
Perspicacity

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:15:28 PM

If you read posts in this forum about Coinbase you'll soon see that the exception to the rule is decent service from them...mostly their service sucks.  They almost never respond to questions posted on their site, through e-mail or coindesk support tickets.  What you'll find is that, even if eventually you do get verified, when you attempt to actually make a purchase, it will be cancelled six days later...and for no reason, and you'll never be able to get an answer from them to find out why.
_wayfarer_

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

Software Engineer

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 11:19:13 PM

Whatever, I've made tons of Coinbase transactions and never had a problem.  Just try again.  They have SIX employees.  You can't expect them to answer all your minor questions.

Try my free BTC price alerts | In the 20th century, the United States endured two world wars and other traumatic and expensive military conflicts; the Depression; a dozen or so recessions and financial panics; oil shocks; a flu epidemic; and the resignation of a disgraced president. Yet the Dow rose from 66 to 11,497 - Warren Buffet
Perspicacity

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:22:23 PM

...responds the Coinbase employee.  And how the hell do you know how many employees they have?  But I do appreciate your change from stupid to minor, so that's something.
_wayfarer_

Software Engineer

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 11:33:24 PM

...responds the Coinbase employee.  And how the hell do you know how many employees they have?
I work for a startup and am always looking at other startups, so it's easy to see how many employees another company has.  It was in one of their news releases...  They may have one or two more employees by now, and I expect they'll hire some more since they just got $25m in funding, but the point is they're tiny as far as salaried employees.

But I do appreciate your change from stupid to minor, so that's something.

Yeah maybe that was a little two harsh Smiley

Try my free BTC price alerts | In the 20th century, the United States endured two world wars and other traumatic and expensive military conflicts; the Depression; a dozen or so recessions and financial panics; oil shocks; a flu epidemic; and the resignation of a disgraced president. Yet the Dow rose from 66 to 11,497 - Warren Buffet
Perspicacity

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:39:50 PM

Actually that's "too"... Cheesy

I've never considered it a valid excuse for poor customer service that a company has too few employees.  Whose fault is that, exactly?  The result is exactly identical; lousy service.  If a company can't handle their customer base, either the company is cheap, short-sighted or has a suspect business model...and none of those things are my fault.
MrWoodridge

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:54:00 PM

I would stay the hell away from Coinbase if I were you..

Try using localbitcoins or make a friend on here and buy BTC from them.

Good luck!
_wayfarer_

Software Engineer

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 02:50:08 AM

Actually that's "too"... Cheesy
touche Smiley

jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:53:16 AM

Never used coinbase and never would - local bitcoins is the best way to gets BTC quickly!

Wink
Bono

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:19:07 AM

Actually that's touché.   Roll Eyes

And I've never had any problems with Coinbase. Some transactions have taken over a week, but I always have gotten what I was guaranteed and the wait is worth it.
bitcoinguru42

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:02:33 AM

Never used coinbase and never would - local bitcoins is the best way to gets BTC quickly!

Wink
This. You don't have any money tied up with them so you should feel free to make a purchase locally.
NonGrata

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:20:30 AM

For what it's worth from a newbie...  I've had mixed results with Coinbase.  I had several orders filled with no problem, followed by an order that was hung up for three days and then abruptly cancelled because it "appeared to be a fraudulent transaction."

Once I did the credit card verification (and believe me, I used a card with a VERY low limit, ha!) I've conducted three "instant" transactions with no problems.

But let's face it... it's a "Wild West" environment out there right now.  I can't imagine that ANY purchasing method is absolutely, 100% safe.

Caveat Emptor!
MrWoodridge

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:43:52 AM

I dont understand why people even use coinbase..
matriculator

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:04:24 AM

I've been waiting for coinbase to send the two small deposits to verify my bank account for 5 weeks now. My support ticket from two weeks ago still has not been answered.

Has anyone else had to wait this long to get verified?

I bought my first bitcoins about 2 weeks ago through coinbase. The first time it took about 5 days for them to deposit. If it's taking this long, maybe you should recheck the info you inputted or use another bank account. Or dump coinbase all together, because even after you place your first order, you'll have to wait for about a week for them to approve it- a lot can happen in a week, I learned this the hard way, as I bought the coins at $880, my order was approved almost 6 days later when bitcoins hit $500 after the china announcement. I bought some bitcoins today using paypal(I could have also used debit/credit) through https://www.virwox.com . Look up tutorials on how to buy bitcoins through virwox on youtube. It should be much faster coinbase. And once you do buy bitcoins, it should only take about a day or so for them to confirm. You don't need to connect your bank account or verify your identity, you can do it all on the same day.
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 08:12:41 AM

@Silveraz Yes there is some people in this case anyways that's normal to wait this long to get verified, it's christmas days for god sakes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: