Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:47:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This New App Can Show Bitcoin Transactions Without Internet  (Read 319 times)
Musstang

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:57:59 PM

Now you can deal with your bitcoin transactions offline. Yes! You got it right. Samourai Bitcoin wallet and goTenna, decentralized communications startup is launching an app which is active without internet connection.

Read news here: https://coinpedia.org/news/app-bitcoin-transactions-without-internet/
Oh, it's great! I'll definitely try, I wanted something for a long time.
I hope that it will be convenient to use

|▶   GREENX   |  THE WORLD’S MOST SOPHISTICATED GREEN ENERGY NETWORK   ◀|
Whitepaper   |▶     Private Sale 16 Apr 2018     ◀|   Presentation
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    Telegram    Facebook    Twitter    Medium    GitHub    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:04:50 PM

However, the process uses a free and unlicensed radio frequency. Besides, its not the first partnership to explore such potential for crypto systems.

https://coinpedia.org/news/app-bitcoin-transactions-without-internet/

Is it just me or are we going backwards? It going to used RF, How can they prevent interference then? I'm not a electronics and communications engineer, but something doesn't sound right (no pun intended).

After reading this, I am on the brink of going to google already.
But guess what, thanks to the post below everything is cleared.

But that RF thing is really an old way. How will I convert it to convert to my phone plugs and everything? That is just too much and they will to invent something again to make it work to the phone.
Let us go back black and white TV next time.  Grin

It doesn’t seem to be too easy, one need to have device called goTenna mesh that costs $179. The txTenna app will allows users to sync their mobile with goTenna device. Later, using UHF frequencies, allows you to transact offline and send bitcoin with cellular data.

That doesn't seem to be offline at all. You will still need data connectivity even though they advertise it being 'offline'. The only offline part I see here is the use of UHF frequencies. Afterwards, in order to completely do or execute the transaction you'll need to turn on your mobile data and that's it. There's still the need to use the internet in order to relay the tx to the nodes and the rest is history, so this gadget isn't really allowing you to send BTC in dire situations without the internet.

Thanks you.
No need to go google now.  Grin
I guess some posts here really needs a lot of reading before it can be cleared out.
I hope others will do that too before posting I like this and that and cool BS.  Grin
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:22:18 PM

This looks quite interesting, and it would be nice step for bitcoin in terms of becoming a payment processor. Visa for example, can also work with either a phone connection or internet connection. I do believe that most of them just use internet since it's quite faster (10s over a phone per transaction and up to 3s over the internet, if research is correct), but I do think it's important that both methods are available, as it would be possible to reach much more areas that way.

Would this affect lightning network as well? Because as far as I know, transactions over the LN require the "channels" to be online for tx to be processed.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

SkynetInvasion

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:08:44 PM

technology take aparts
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:30:07 PM

This is cool but not very useful. I think this was made to show off the technology and can be used for many other more important things.
As the internet is all throughout the world and bitcoin was built on the internet, trying to remove it from the internet is just one step backward.
As for the cost most, people have a phone and can get data for that sort of cost, however, I do see potential in this.
CoinstarF

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:22:55 AM

No one realize their idea already realized long time ago, even though it's not automatic. All they do are :
1. Keeping transaction and UTXO on local device storage.
2. Sign transaction offline with saved UTXO list.
3. Send the signed transaction to another device which will broadcast to Bitcoin network.

But since their wallet is open-source, their wallet might become popular.

Wow this app could be very helpful to low level community even without internet we can access transactions that means less expenses hoping it will successfully launch and can be used as soon as possible.
asraaf8687

Activity: 105

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:59:38 AM

I see this app is very good and popular, but if it can be trusted to connect to the internet network, then many applications that steal bitcoin users, then how should we believe, give way to understand the use of the application? then we should develop the application if it is very good and big profits.
asraaf8687

Activity: 105

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:05:06 AM

I see this app is very good and popular, but if it can be trusted to connect to the internet network, then many applications that steal bitcoin users, then how should we believe, give way to understand the use of the application? then we should develop the application if it is very good and big profits.
this is very good an app if ever, but in my opinion think should download the first one to know or have many features obtained in an application. can only help a lot of people specifically someone is in urban areas.
sieemma

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:09:09 PM

This is a nice way of telling people to believe cryptocurrency. There are many issues concerning the use of crypto and this will help resolve one of them as some people think without data/internet, your money is gone forever.
Masatos

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:59:15 PM

the author will be interesting to work with this application I think people will very quickly spread the information about this application

█████████████████████ SWINCA █████████████████████
Real-Estate Finance Revolution: BUY SWI
https://www.swinca.io/
Jessica2009

Activity: 348
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:41:26 PM

The New York  based startup found on 2012 it was pairing up with Samourai wallet to launch an android app that can use for transaction without internet . A go Tenna decentralized comunications start up to transfer funds without an internet it transmits information over a long range without a cellular data or wifi connection .This device can come in handy when it can be used anywhere even there is no internet connectivity. we need an intermediary mesh device if we are in a remote area .

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:09:33 PM

Its great if that happen but i think before that you need to download to know a lot of features included on that application and make sure if that is really secure and because of that many people help of that app especially to the rural areas to more progress are happen and it will benefit us all.
marlonbatotoy

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:27:27 PM

Wow this cool and using this app will help the community easily can pay bitcoin also fastfood can download this app for bitcoin payers. But how it works? Using bluetooth?  Is this app can withdraw bitcoin to fiat? Well i think i need to know it for myself .
raymond013

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 04:05:56 AM

If this is true, it can solve many problems and can help in the bitcoin process. This is great but make me wonder if this is safe. Using the frequency of the antenna to perform the transaction is really a good idea but synchronizing the device with the application is questionable. All they do is post offline transactions with the saved UTXO list. But since their wallets are open source, their wallets can become popular. Visa, for example, can also work with a telephone connection or internet connection. Does this affect network lightning?
reverseflash

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:11:28 AM

At first glance - a wonderful and useful application that allows to solve the main problem of Bitcoin - accessibility to it from anywhere in the world. But reading the characteristics, it turns out that it is not a new technology that is used, but ordinary cellular networks. And then the question arises, why should I buy it if, for example, in Ukraine all mobile network operators provide services internet...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: