Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:23:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: worldcoin undervalued?  (Read 2324 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 08:18:43 AM

Which is why those con-men / scammers are running around trying to convince people it is a good coin.

It is cheaper to have a bunch of spammers and sockpuppets post bullshit PR on forums than to actually sit down and build and deploy enough hashing power to secure it.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
joeperry

Activity: 2156
Merit: 465

Telegram: @jperryC

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:02:20 AM

Devs have to fix the issue with the wallet, many coins just open the wallet and sincronize, but for some funny reason WDC it doesnt.

I see it as Feathercoin, but feathercoin has a lot of support much more than wdc. But anyway I really like it, very promising.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 09:10:09 AM

So they aren't even deploying enough seed nodes?

Worser and worser...

It is obviously over-valued, dump some to buy some dedicated servers to act as seed nodes.

If that drives the price down well then maybe that will be bringing it closer toward a reasonable value.

If it is worth what its price shows then dumping some to buy seed nodes ought not suppress the price much, right?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:10:21 AM

hi i have used WDC to wallet is oke now i am on EAC's   Earthcoin !!

if your looking for a fast coin  and with fast i mean transactions time take EarthCoin i haven see any coin being that fast !
a wallet who starts pritty fast , connect and sync fast :

EarthCoin the best and fast there is !!

http://earthcoin.biz and many other websites concerning EarthCoin ..............

feel this whas a bit helpfull send some earthcoins EAC : eY4WcL4tfDmyCeu5Y4SJ3ztHEiJeVRHS6H

important :  Pre mining is used for promotions give away's invesntments like all coins have done !!!

Jomppe

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:39:50 AM

EarthCoin really doesn't bring up anything new.
It is a cheap copy of the real thing - WorldCoin.
WorldCoin is the original fast coin and it shall stand like that.

Personally I wouldn't bother buying EarthCoins I stick to WDC.
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:20:21 PM

So they aren't even deploying enough seed nodes?

Worser and worser...

It is obviously over-valued, dump some to buy some dedicated servers to act as seed nodes.

If that drives the price down well then maybe that will be bringing it closer toward a reasonable value.

If it is worth what its price shows then dumping some to buy seed nodes ought not suppress the price much, right?

-MarkM-

So, Which coin do u believe in ?

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 01:38:18 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 01:53:25 PM by markm

WorldCoin is the original fast coin and it shall stand like that.

Earthcoin dates back to before GeistGeld? That sounds unlikely.

Or is fast being used as a technical term here dividing up the many less than a minute per block coins so that fast refers to some specific number of seconds target and each second or five seconds or somesuch gets a different label, like under ten seconds is hyperfast, ten to 19 is superfast, 20 to 29 is extrafast, 30 to 39 is ... etc?

How many seconds is it, anyway? Presumably less than five (Liquidcoin, possibly among others, is five, isn't it?)

I do not recall GeistGeld's exact number of seconds either off-hand, but it is so crazy fast that it is possibly maybe even too fast to really be practical in realistic network situations. How fast exactly is WorldCoin and how much actual load has it been tested with?

Has it even been tested long enough to ensure that a year or few of blocks all reasonably full works fine on normal people's normal home nodes, or is it aimed at dedicated server machines in datacentres on high speed internet feeds?

I am interested because some people have reported that GeistGeld's blocks are too fast; doublec for example has suggested that it should be slowed down, its sheer speed is a big part of why it is on so few pools, and why doublec dropped it from his.

-MarkM-

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 01:51:22 PM

So, Which coin do u believe in ?

Bitcoin of course, beyond that mostly what has been learned is what does not work.

For example we tried to find the lowest time-between-blocks that would be practical, since many people seemed to think that Satoshi's choice of ten minutes was too slow.

Not adjusting difficulty was tried too, and that was a disaster.

One thing that still seems pretty clear is that if a coin does not have over 50% of the hash rate that is a very bad situation to be in, so bad that until Bitcoin had massively more SHA256 hashing power than all the supercomputers in the world it was scarily insecure and even then was still way too vulnerable because of all the GPUs out there that were not hashing for Bitcoin and because it would be ridiculously cheap for a hostile government or corporation or terrorist group or whatever to overpower it simply by making themselves some ASICs. Only now that Bitcoin is starting to get ASICs itself is it starting to look like it might realistically manage to adequately secure itself.

Because of the insanely high cost of securing a blockchain I have tended mostly to figure the merged mined coins have looked like they might have the best chance of maybe being able to be secured, and only if the majority of bitcoin miners merge them.

Since so far none of the fast coins other than GeistGeld are able to be merged mined it is not yet known how fast is too fast to be practical, nor whether being faster than some particular speed bars a coin from being able to be merged mined effectively thus forces it to absorb the entire cost of securing a blockchain, which as we have seen is many many millions of dollars for hardware plus a whole lot for electricity too. Those costs seem almost prohibitive even when sharing them among many chains...

-MarkM-

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:44:40 AM

What cracks me up Mark is that you actually use DOGE as your example of a superior coin.

That's downright funny.

Hows the comparison to DOGE looking now?  A whopping week later?

DOGE is dead.  It was a gimmick.  A fly-by-night coin that had absolutely nothing of value behind it whatsoever.

Yet you stated WDC was a joke in comparison, because DOGE got wildly popular for four days. 

This is why people said your argument isn't good.  You don't value a cryptocurrency by its hashing power. 

The very example you used to prove yourself right last week has now proved your point wrong this week.

DOGE is dissolving into nothing.   WDC remains.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Jes159

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

KlondikeCoin - KDC - Join the Gold Rush Now!

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:21:13 PM

I'm new to all this so I may well be wrong, BUT

I don't think he was saying that WDC is a joke compared to Doge, he was saying that if your hashrate can be halved so quickly then you are a joke.

When Doge came along I believe the hashrate halved for WDC as all the miners went and mined Doge. This could leave the coin open to attack by anyone with enough power, therefore making the coin unstable for long term adoption.

I have a few WDC and I'm hoping for it to succeed, but I find it more likely that it will crash out as it just isn't being adopted at the moment.

The whole WDC thing seems to based around Scharmbeck and making it easy to invest in WDC, but aren't coinbase doing this exact same thing for Bitcoin? Surely your average person that WDC is being aimed at are far more likely to use Bitcoin.

Just my 2 cents - hopefully WDC takes off.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: