Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:20:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just out of Newbie looking for advice and want to make statement  (Read 745 times)
theBishop (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 03:06:04 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 06:09:25 AM by theBishop

Hello all!  Really pleased to be part of Bitcoin Forum and Newbies let me go quickly!  Dont want to waste peoples time so will cut to the quick.  Im really so excited about Bitcoin and only heard about it few months back when started University.  Since then think I've maybe become obsessed a little because totally see where its heading almost cant sleep at night Im so excited by its potential.  Think the media is way behind where it needs to be for mass adoption but all things good come to those who wait yeah?  Ive read the White Paper and was dumbfounded by its beauty and simplicity.  Whoever wrote it made sure it was to be accessible to the common man by design.  Question yourself if you are still to read it.  We being the early adopters will hold our places in history and have responsibility to do everything we can to further the cause of decentralised programmable money for the people.  The confliction is we want to make our fortunes yet think we are granting the same privilege to the billions of people on Earth who live without bank accounts make theirs.  With the big money being created now how bitcoin addresses this I dont know.  So yes Im a newbie and young and still have lots to learn so please inform me.  I listen to Letstalkbitcoin! almost as a religion which is funny because I study Theology.  I also read reddit all the time.  My ability to research this subject outweighs my understanding of how to make or earn the currency itself.  Yes want to make bitcoins and have set goal of 100 by the end of 2014.  I have some inheritance money and have decided to invest a small percentage in Bitcoin but don't know where to start.  I know that buying a miner and having success is dependant on the reliability of manufacturers delivery promises and difficulty?  My Uni room mate says I should buy shares in Asic Miner because they were brilliant but someone else told me that apparently a lot of companies who have shares are like bandits yeah and even some are scams.  So with not only a volatile bitcoin valuation where does one start in such a volatile industry?
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:47:14 AM

Tl;dr summary

Hi I am new here and excited about bitcoin.  I am ambitious but not sure how to start. 
theBishop (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 03:55:55 AM

I apologise you had to read all of that.  Am simply asking for a fellow man to offer the hand of kindness which perhaps exceeds your limitations.
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:58:14 AM

Hello all!  Really pleased to be part of Bitcoin Forum and Newbies let me go quickly!  Dont want to waste peoples time so will cut to the quick.  Im really so excited about Bitcoin and only heard about it few months back when started University.  Since then think I've maybe become obsessed a little because totally see when its heading almost cant sleep at night Im so excited by its potential.  Think the media is way behind where it needs to be for mass adoption but all things good come to those who wait yeah?  Ive read the White Paper and was dumbfounded by its beauty and simplicity.  Whoever wrote it made sure it was to be accessible to the common man by design.  Question yourself if you are still to read it.  We being the early adopters will hold our places in history and have responsibility to do everything we can to further the cause of decentralised programmable money for the people.  The confliction is we want to make our fortunes yet think we are granting the same privilege to the billions of people on Earth who live in without bank accounts make theirs.  With the big money being created now how bitcoin addresses this I dont know.  So yes Im a newbie and young and still have lots to learn so please inform me.  I listen to Letstalkbitcoin! almost as a religion which is funny because I study Theology.  I also read reddit all the time.  My ability to research this subject outweighs my understanding of how to make or earn the currency itself.  Yes want to make bitcoins and have set goal of 100 by the end of 2014.  I have some inheritance money and have decided to invest a small percentage in Bitcoin but don't know where to start.  I know that buying a miner and having success is dependant on the reliability of manufacturers delivery promises and difficulty?  My Uni room mate says I should buy shares in Asic Miner because they were brilliant but someone else told me that apparently a lot of companies who have shares are like bandits yeah and even some are scams.  So with not only a volatile bitcoin valuation where does one start in a volatile industry?

Well, you were definitely bitten by the bitcoin bug.

Welcome aboard!

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:06:06 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 06:11:22 AM by jdbtracker

Buy a little, get yourself at least 1 Bitcoin.

Learn to program, any language you like, C++/C/Java/JavaScript/PHP and learn how to compile all your own programs.

Become part of the community, earn bounties, create bounties for others.

Study as much as you want about the technology, the Block Ledger, Encryption, markets, Economics, How to setup a server, start creating services and games for the community.  Start small go big.

Start learning about all the other Cryptocurrencies and their designs.
Namecoin/Devcoin/Freicoin/Peercoin/Primecoin/TagCoin/Dogecoin(Crypto counterpoint)/Ripple/Litecoin/ etc... lots to choose, their are a few gems out there.

And the infrastructure projects.
Open Transactions/Ripple/MasterCoin/Colored coins/Bitmessage/BitcoinJ and many others... there are lots

Learn to create your very own Bitcoin business and don't try to scam anyone... it's just wrong.
Setup a Server, Learn how to use Apache HTTP Server or Windows built in Server/ learn PHP to run server side script or Javascript for Client side/ explore the Mozilla Project and the Apache Software Foundations offerings lots of their infrastructure is perfectly designed for what Bitcoin is meant to support.

http://www.apache.org/foundation/

Maybe create a pay per play game, a gambling FPS using open source software like the Tesseract  game engine, check out the Mozilla
Demo Studio for ideas on how to pull it off

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/demos/

Tesseract game files

http://svn.tuxfamily.org/viewvc.cgi/tesseract_main/

check out the Epic Citadel Demo for inspiration on what is possible with Coin-Op software over the web.

http://www.unrealengine.com/html5/

Or BananaBread the JavaScript port of the Cube 2:Saurbraten engine... the Tesseract game engine is a fork of it.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/demos/detail/bananabread

Learn to use Emscripten and asm.js to deploy C++/C open source projects over the web... and if your feeling ambitious you can build
distributed game/software/computing servers.

https://github.com/kripken/emscripten/wiki

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
theBishop (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 04:31:33 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 06:10:20 AM by theBishop

Thank you so much for your kind words Peter and jdb has outlined perhaps more than a lifetimes work!  I can't thank you enough guys youve given me hope and direction.  Respect.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4528

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:52:25 AM

initially when buying buycoin direct, you are purchasing them at a premium. which then leaves you waiting longer for the rise to make profit. the best solution is to not buy bitcoin direct. but to:

find a product worth selling EG T-shirts, clothing, custom cups/mugs/beer glasses. pen knifes (the list is endless) and sell them for a bitcoin price.

EG
buying $1000 of bitcoin direct = 1.2btc today if lucky
buying $1000 of product and selling at profit = 2BTC if lucky

and then put that 2BTC into exchanges or other investments to increase further or sell out 1.2btc for FIAT, rebuy prducts and resale for BTC, thus swinging a 0.8btc return.

alot of people think the only way to earn bitcoin is to mine it. yet "working" for bitcoin or selling products for bitcoin are other ways to earn bitcoin. .
if you feel you are "expert level" of understanding bitcoin, compared to the local population, you can also set up local meetings to introduce people into bitcoin, thus earning bitcoin from:
consultation fee's
selling your bitcoin at a premium (and you buying in cheaply as explained above)
when people at the meetup want beer, they pay you bitcoin at a premium and you pay the bar/pub FIAT (thus keeping the premium)
if you are an expert at theology, offer tutoring classes for bitcoin.
if you have a part time work in a grocery store/retail/bar. ask the manager if they would allow customers to pay the company in bitcoins. and you will exchange the bitcoins for fiat to help the manager. this will allow you to set preferential rates and get more bitcoin into mainstream.

there are many idea's, the world is your oyster, anything you can think of to make FIAT also applies to making bitcoin

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:59:00 AM

You definitely sound keen - that's great!

Good luck with your goal of 100 BTC by the end of 2014!

Grin
Jcw188

Activity: 546

Carpe Diem

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:07:21 AM

I'm excited that you're excited.  I'm still learning about Bitcoin and mining after a year.  The forum is a great help and it pays to poke  in areas and threads that you think will not be helpful, often they surprise you.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:57:55 AM

its getting harder and harder to mine.  many people have said to buy coins before they go up again (or down who knows) haha
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 08:24:36 AM

@Thebishop  to reusme BTC valuation does one start in such a volatile industry however to buy a miner depends on the reliability of manufacturers .
Fed949

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 08:52:27 AM

Sometime, it is a leap of faith.  What goes down will also goes up? 
gerXhonza

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:13:55 AM

alot of people think the only way to earn bitcoin is to mine it. yet "working" for bitcoin or selling products for bitcoin are other ways to earn bitcoin. .

I agree, having some Business accepting Bitcoin is good way to get some Bitcoins. I had only few Bitcoin orders so far, but I always kept the Bitcoins and pay expenses with profits from other orders
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:33:00 PM

@Fed949 it's hard to believe if you don't have the faith Grin furthermore nothing will go wrong.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: