Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:39:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some questions about blockchain  (Read 878 times)
lucky60 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:06:37 AM

Hi guys,

Some questions:

1. when u open wallet on blockchain, u need enter "Identifier", the "Identifier" is not the address which u send & receive BTC, is it?

2. Does the "Identifier" only use on blockchain wallet or it can also use on other wallet?

3. If the "Identifier" is only use on blockchain wallet, if I create a new account on other wallet web site, How can I use the same address of send & receive BTC? Or it is not compatible with each other?

Thanks a lot, Happy New year!
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitvisit

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:39:32 AM

1. when u open wallet on blockchain, u need enter "Identifier", the "Identifier" is not the address which u send & receive BTC, is it?

Nope The Identifier is not your Wallet Address

Does the "Identifier" only use on blockchain wallet or it can also use on other wallet?

The Identifier is specific to Blockchain.info Wallets.

3. If the "Identifier" is only use on blockchain wallet, if I create a new account on other wallet web site, How can I use the same address of send & receive BTC? Or it is not compatible with each other?

The new site would give you a seperate wallet address from that wallet you can send to other wallet addresses. (Your identifier is not used as an address to send anything to. It is just part of the login credentials from blockchain.info)

Hope that it helps!  If you want to learn more you can always check out the BitCoin University.  http://www.btccollectorsclub.com/admin]]http://www.btccollectorsclub.com/admin
lucky60 (OP)

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:23:43 AM

Nope The Identifier is not your Wallet Address

Does the "Identifier" only use on blockchain wallet or it can also use on other wallet?

The Identifier is specific to Blockchain.info Wallets.

The new site would give you a seperate wallet address from that wallet you can send to other wallet addresses. (Your identifier is not used as an address to send anything to. It is just part of the login credentials from blockchain.info)

Hope that it helps!  If you want to learn more you can always check out the BitCoin University.  http://www.btccollectorsclub.com/admin]]http://www.btccollectorsclub.com/admin

Thanks so much! Help a lot!
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 03:10:34 PM

It's your username that's it

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: