Bitcoin Forum
July 21, 2024, 01:10:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmillions.com scam  (Read 583 times)
tomppa (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:28:15 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2013, 08:04:15 PM by tomppa

Hi all,

Just encountered bitmillions.com and found some strange and odd issues with their "lottery".

I've read couples of topics about this "lottery" before registering and noticed that some people said that if they deposited "double digits", for example  0.05051234 they couldn't have change to win the jackpot, as their numbers were 05, 05, 12, 34.

However, if number 5 is drawn, it is considered as many times as you entered it with your deposit:

https://bitmillions.com/draws/276487

This is the latest "win 3" combination and the winner "won" 7.188. I doubt that winner got paid, but where the hell did the pool prize go? Why it wasn't returned to the pool?

I know that this lottery owner has been somewhat active on this forums, so maybe he has an explanation for this?

e: After checking this further, there are numerous "double digits" wins lately, so definitely there's no point to put your money in this scam.
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:59:06 AM

That's basically something to verify because that should be returned to the pool.
ShaTwo

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 10:14:25 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2013, 10:49:12 PM by ShaTwo

Hi all,

Just encountered bitmillions.com and found some strange and odd issues with their "lottery".

I've read couples of topics about this "lottery" before registering and noticed that some people said that if they deposited "double digits", for example  0.05051234 they couldn't have change to win the jackpot, as their numbers were 05, 05, 12, 34.

However, if number 5 is drawn, it is considered as many times as you entered it with your deposit:

https://bitmillions.com/draws/276487

This is the latest "win 3" combination and the winner "won" 7.188. I doubt that winner got paid, but where the hell did the pool prize go? Why it wasn't returned to the pool?

I know that this lottery owner has been somewhat active on this forums, so maybe he has an explanation for this?

e: After checking this further, there are numerous "double digits" wins lately, so definitely there's no point to put your money in this scam.

Tomppa, we discovered a bug on the system that was exploited by a player to steal the online pools.
As you described, the bug allowed the exploiter to create tickets with the same number twice, when that number was under 10, what allow the attacker to steal about 30 BTC from the site.

The bug is already fixed, but we are having problems getting it back online, since there are still some tickets from the attacker that are pending to be paid that need to be removed.

All valid tickets will be paid as soon as the system is put back online.
We are working in having the issue resolved... please apologies for the inconvenience.

tomppa (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:44:10 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 02:02:36 AM by tomppa

Tomppa, we discovered a bug on the system that was exploited by a player to steal the online pools.
As you described, the bug allowed the exploiter to create tickets with the same number twice, when that number was under 10, what allow the attacker to steal about 30 BTC from the site.

The bug is already fixed, but we are having problems getting it back online, since there are still some tickets from the attacker that are pending to be paid that need to be removed.

All valid tickets will be paid as soon as the system is put back online.
We are working in having the issue resolved... please apologies for the inconvenience.

Why don't you just pay the users who have won something legit? You have the records... Almost three weeks and no payouts, and your site is still down. Come on dude, are you a thief or..?

And by the way, you should divide the spoof winnings (which have been deducted from the pool) of pool 2 and 3 to real winners, as it's obvious that you haven't paid those to exploiters.

By looking at your post history (and your second account https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=77445), you did get warnings about the issue almost a year ago and you did nothing?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: