Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:07:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone "all in" on bitcoin?  (Read 4735 times)
mskryxz (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:24:51 AM

As in, more than 80% of your savings are in it. Or, you took up a loan (even if it is a small amount such as $1,000) just because you feel confident that Bitcoin will succeed.

Or, sold your secondary Car/Motorcycle/Boat "Toys" to invest into bitcoin?

Just wondering. Considering selling a "toy" of mine to buy more bitcoins. Again, it won't affect me if Bitcoin fails, it is just a weekend roadster for me... Just wondering if there is anyone else out there selling their "toys" for a chance to make it big.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:30:23 AM

All of our savings (besides some of our 401K) is in BTC.  Have not sold any toys.  Not that we have any to sell anyways. Wink 

It did not start out that way.  We threw a little in thinking we would gradually put more in as time went on.  But with BTC we learned fairly quickly that the best strategy can be just to throw it all in as quickly as possible, especially if it can be timed before it hits an ATH.  Wink

Oh, and our savings was nothing really impressive to begin with.  However, even putting a small amount into BTC and holding there for over 8 months can give some amazing returns.

Next year should be fun!  Grin

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
black_swan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:34:26 AM

All of our savings (besides some of our 401K) is in BTC.  Have not sold any toys.  Not that we have any to sell anyways. Wink 
It did not start out that way.  We threw a little in thinking we would gradually put more in as time went on.  But with BTC we learned fairly quickly that the best strategy can be just to throw it all in as quickly as possible, especially if it can be timed before it hits an ATH.  Wink
Oh, and our savings was nothing really impressive to begin with.  However, even putting a small amount into BTC and holding there for over 8 months can give some amazing returns.

You might have been lucky this year but don't try hard, take your profits and enjoy it if you cannot afford to lose.
I hold myself, for 2 bubbles already, but my initial investment was really small and I have saved much more in FIAT
I also hope next year will be fun :-)
Bast of luck!
mskryxz (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:34:55 AM

Kind of the same as you then. I started with a small amount during April without ever selling. As it grew so did the % of my worth but in BTC. By the time it grew to $1240 each, it was over 80% of my worth if that makes sense.

Now I am wondering if I should sell my 2nd car (I don't even use it anymore, just sitting in the garage, a 2 seater convertible) and take a risk with it? Or continue to let my car lose value every year sitting in the garage...
mskryxz (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:36:53 AM

Hey Bitchick, just wanted to add, we both registered days apart in April of this year. We probably invested/bought bitcoin at the same prices lol Smiley
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:37:43 AM

there are a few people that actually took out loans to buy BTC.. wildly crazy to me.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:47:01 AM

I have less than one percent of my assets in bitcoin. I love bitcoin but don't trust it.  To be fair I am also a late adopter so capital appreciation has not been a factor. 
joeroxor

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:54:10 AM

All my fiat goes into BTC and my only income is through BTC at the moment. Now that there are more ways to transfer into CAD it's getting pretty comfortable Smiley

Social Media & PR @ BitOrca | Contact: joe.r0x0r@gmail.com | Twitter | Wallet Addresses
Sell/Buy Bitcoin code! @ BitOrcaOrcaBlog | Best Bitcoin Tool Competiton!
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:56:19 AM

Kind of the same as you then. I started with a small amount during April without ever selling. As it grew so did the % of my worth but in BTC. By the time it grew to $1240 each, it was over 80% of my worth if that makes sense.

Now I am wondering if I should sell my 2nd car (I don't even use it anymore, just sitting in the garage, a 2 seater convertible) and take a risk with it? Or continue to let my car lose value every year sitting in the garage...

I would think that selling something you are not using would be a good idea.  You could possibly buy a new convertible in a year if the price increases at the same rate it did this year.  Of course, there are risks involved but I would say decide ASAP.  It appears that we have some real big things happening in the first quarter of 2014.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:56:31 AM

hahaha,
1}i sold my second car to buy some alt coins.
2}i skipped my cc payment just to buy more coins.

This story has a happy ending. It could have went wrong. Be wise and research
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:57:31 AM

I have less than one percent of my assets in bitcoin. I love bitcoin but don't trust it.  To be fair I am also a late adopter so capital appreciation has not been a factor. 

People who got in during/after the March/April bubble thought they were late adopters too.  It is still very early.

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:01:42 AM

there are a few people that actually took out loans to buy BTC.. wildly crazy to me.

Yeah, for example this crazy bastard buying all-in at $50: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149179.0

Probably lost all!

(didn't, cashed out initial investment at $170 and now has quite alot of free money)

i am satoshi
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:05:43 AM

There was a poll on this recently. I'm one of the people who are more than all in. Took a family loan. My old man is considering getting a big loan to buy even more.

It doesn't even classify as a gamble. The technology is solid, so are the relevant economic and social factors. Bitcoin is going to hit at least $100k within a handful of years. Mathematical certainty.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
sir faps

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:08:09 AM

Liquidated my Roth about 2 weeks ago. I have gained 70% since then. Once I get 100%+, gonna cash out my original investment and let it ride. I am confident this will happen, I am just not sure of the exact TIME it will happen yet haha. So far this has been a great experiment  Wink
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:21:57 AM

My net worth is primarily in my house, a lame 401k, a few stocks, and life insurance, we have always spent nearly as much as we make, typical American consumerism.

My only goal now is to buy more BTC at every opportunity. Through some timely trades in and out of Alts i have doubled my BTC position in two months with no new cash. I will buy local bitcoins whenever i get a dollar to spare. 

My take is if I lose it all, I won't be any different than before, which was nowhere. Let it ride baby.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Xyver

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:23:28 AM

I'm all in.  I have like 200$ in fiat, few thousand in BTC.

I took out a 2000$ credit card cash advance back in October.  That was a good plan, it tripled for me before I cashed out Smiley Got myself a nice business now because of it
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:26:56 AM

Sold all mine at $750, waiting for it to go back to $600s

Be humble!
Bono

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:39:39 AM

Sold all mine at $750, waiting for it to go back to $600s
Prepare for disappointment.

To OP:

I have over 80% of my savings in BTC/LTC at the moment but it's not as impressive as some earlier adopters...

I have a full-time job to pay the rent and get my kicks, but most everything extra I have goes into Crypto. I keep maybe $1000 in fiat just for whatever.
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:07:20 AM

How will I be disappointed? It's not like there is looming global stock market crash in our future or anything. It's not like all of central and south America now has access to bitcoin. It's not like there is a debt crisis in the USA. It's not like the Fed is still printing $85 Billion a month.

oh shit.

Be humble!
jasonjm

Activity: 1274
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 06:10:06 AM

this thread is exactly what has always scared me about bitcoin

I am "all out" for reference purposes of this thread.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████