Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:53:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is my transaction?  (Read 917 times)
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 04:29:11 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 05:06:00 AM by opentoe

It has over 15 confirmations and still hasn't hit my Armory client. This was the very first large bitcoin transfer I've ever done and all of a sudden, even with 15 confirmations gets stuck in Limbo now? I really need this bitcoin. Does the Armory need to be shut down, then loaded back up to pick up the new transactions or will it just get it by itself if it just running? Where would my transaction go? I was sending bitcoin from coinbase to my Armory wallet. According the blockchain it was sent, but is not hitting my Armory wallet even after 15 confirmations. Ok, who's to blame here on this one?

Update:

After 20 confirmation the bitcoin amount just hit my Armory wallet, but Armory only indicates there is only 2 confirmations on the transaction. So who do I point the finger at this time? Where the bitcoin is coming from or where the bitcoin is going to? I just switched back to the Armory from Electrum because of new .99 version that came out and Electrum always received my bitcoin instantly and coincided with whatever the blockchain was saying. Why is the Armory lagging behind so bad here? It literally took about 2 hours to send coin from coinbase to my Armory wallet. And it didn't start to show in the client until late in the 2nd hour. What's the deal with that? The more and more I use that block chain locally, the more sick of it I get. If this continues to happen once again I'll have no choice but to switch to another client. I can't wait 2 hours for a transaction to come in. Time is money. There must be an explanation for this?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:51:03 AM

Armory depends on BitcoinQt for its networking. Your case sounds like either BitcoinQt was off or it wasn't updating. Next time make sure the block height displayed by BitcoinQt is the same as what you see on blockchain.info or blockexplorer.com. Then compare that value to the one displayed in Armory.

Any divergence there should give you a better idea of which part is at fault.

opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 06:18:32 AM

Armory depends on BitcoinQt for its networking. Your case sounds like either BitcoinQt was off or it wasn't updating. Next time make sure the block height displayed by BitcoinQt is the same as what you see on blockchain.info or blockexplorer.com. Then compare that value to the one displayed in Armory.

Any divergence there should give you a better idea of which part is at fault.

The Armory won't work until the bitcoinQT deamon is all loaded up and synced. So that wasn't the issue. Armory won't even show transaction history until it finishes syncing with bitcoinD anyway so I can't check the details until I at least see the transaction there. But according to blockchain and blockexploer 277156 was where that bitcoin was and it all looked good on my end. Having said that, I came from using Electrum, and never experienced these issues. I unfortunately had to dump .88 version of Armory because of the resource issue and just started to use .99 recently, but I apparently just keep coming up with these little quirks and anomalies that don't make sense. Even right now, 3 hours later Armory still says 4 confirmations on that transactions and blockchain and explore both have over 25. I'm just wondering where the heck is it picking up 4, and the bitcoin daemon is all updated on my end here.

bitcoinguru42

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:23:44 AM

if the blockchain says u own the bitcoins why are you worried? Unless u need to move the bitcoins quickly and if thats the case you allready have access to them by using electrum. I assumed armory would be used for more storage typed wallets.
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 03:23:16 PM

if the blockchain says u own the bitcoins why are you worried? Unless u need to move the bitcoins quickly and if thats the case you allready have access to them by using electrum. I assumed armory would be used for more storage typed wallets.

The bitcoin came from Coinbase, which I'm hoping is the whole problem here.
I guess I wanted to know why there was such lag and also to know if that is normal or not. I never experienced that before and I've done hundreds of transactions to and from multiple wallets. Seeing over 30 transactions on the blockchain and blockexplorer and then not seeing the transaction in my armory client made me a little weary. It took me a long time to mine those coins, and I didn't want to lose them. I also had to close the Armory program and open it up again to finally retrieve the transaction once it came in. It wasn't getting the transaction by itself for some reason.

goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:57:19 PM

The Armory won't work until the bitcoinQT deamon is all loaded up and synced. So that wasn't the issue. Armory won't even show transaction history until it finishes syncing with bitcoinD anyway so I can't check the details until I at least see the transaction there. But according to blockchain and blockexploer 277156 was where that bitcoin was and it all looked good on my end. Having said that, I came from using Electrum, and never experienced these issues. I unfortunately had to dump .88 version of Armory because of the resource issue and just started to use .99 recently, but I apparently just keep coming up with these little quirks and anomalies that don't make sense. Even right now, 3 hours later Armory still says 4 confirmations on that transactions and blockchain and explore both have over 25. I'm just wondering where the heck is it picking up 4, and the bitcoin daemon is all updated on my end here.

Turn off bitcoind auto management, start BitcoinQt yourself, then check block height in both BitcoinQt and Armory. Again, make sure these are the same as what you can see online.

You have to keep in mind that BitcoinQt/d constantly receives block data, that it then passes to Armory. You are most likely quite a few blocks behind on bitcoind.

opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 04:25:59 AM

Turn off bitcoind auto management, start BitcoinQt yourself, then check block height in both BitcoinQt and Armory. Again, make sure these are the same as what you can see online.

You have to keep in mind that BitcoinQt/d constantly receives block data, that it then passes to Armory. You are most likely quite a few blocks behind on bitcoind.

I noticed the VM's clock was off by 2 hours. Strangely enough small transactions go through fine.

goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 05:29:03 AM

I noticed the VM's clock was off by 2 hours. Strangely enough small transactions go through fine.

2 hours off the clock can be very significant for BitcoinQt. Is Armory showing the right amount of confirmations now?

opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 07:00:32 AM

2 hours off the clock can be very significant for BitcoinQt. Is Armory showing the right amount of confirmations now?

Yep, that was the problem. Having the wrong time on the VM. It screwed up my local transaction logs and such. After a reset, time change and re-scan all went back to normal. When I send coin I see it come up instantly in my armory wallet. Of course waiting on transactions, but it is there immediately.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: