Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:37:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Middlecoin scrypt mining  (Read 744 times)
Dawes (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:18:36 AM

I built a new computer for gaming this November. Luckily, I got my R9 280X for $310. About a week ago, I looked into how I could use it for mining and decided on middlecoin.com. I am getting ~720 Kh/s using cgminer with scrypt stable at 82 C.

One of the wallets I was using stopped updating on their website. I mined to it for about 5 hours and it didn't get update on the website. When viewing it's balance chart, it is blank where it used to show data. I'm guessing there was a Christmas bug on the server and hope it will update in a couple days, but for now I'm mining to a different BTC wallet and it appears to be working fine.

This is my first post here, so I guess I'll throw out some questions for replies. How safe is it to run at 82 C for hours at a time? Ever since I started mining, I've experienced more crashes during gaming, although I can't be sure if it was caused by an in-game bug. Also, how do I mine without a pool for scrypt crypto-currencies like LiteCoin?

edit: Doh! Roll Eyes I should have read the middlecoin thread before posting.
Payouts will be delayed tonight. I'm upgrading the server that computes the webpage stats, and I need to finish that first.
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:30:55 AM

hey daws.  just joined the site also.  i too am gpu mining ltc
Dawes (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:39:33 AM

If you don't mind me asking, how much LTC do you get per Mh/s?
Rosta32

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:54:53 AM

If you don't mind me asking, how much LTC do you get per Mh/s?

There are countless calculators that'll let you plug all the numbers in and get an expected LTC return.  Just google.
I'm getting about ~.25 LTC per day mining at 710kh/s.  You can calculate what you need from there.  I've switched to middlecoin which returns more.
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 08:28:48 AM

@OP That's the point however  for solo mining  alternative cryptocoins that's more difficult without a mining pool.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: