Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:16:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Announcement for the Bitcoin Awareness Campaign by arisebitcoin.com  (Read 1110 times)
k0vic (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:23:36 AM

Arisebitcoin is a new organization in its infancy working hard to plant its roots in the bitcoin community. We are a team pulled together by one common goal; promote the awareness of bitcoin to the general public.

We live by the motto go big or go home and look forward to proving this to not only the current bitcoin community, but to the world. We thoroughly believe in change and the freedom bitcoin allows. The members of arisebitcoin.com are united by this cause. To accomplish this large but obtainable task, we have determined a set of guidelines and projects in hopes of creating a snowball marketing effect on the world.

MISSION- To start, support, and execute projects that promote the awareness of bitcoin to the general public

THE CAUSE- Because of our mission, it is our duty to help educate users new to the community, with accurate unbiased information regarding the uses, regulations, and how they can help promote bitcoin

THE IMPACT- By successfully promoting bitcoin and then educating new users we believe we can help accelerate the awareness and use of bitcoin

SUCCESS- arisebitcoin considers every new user who visits our site due to our "projects" a success. With the support of existing and new users, we will continue to promote bitcoin beyond anything attempted thus far.

Project 1- "Hello San Francisco, Hello Bitcoin"

Goal- Project “Hello San Fransisco, Hello Bitcoin” is our first self-funded project intended to introduce new users in the San Francisco bay area to Bitcoin and help provide resources for these users to get started. This project also serves as a introduction for arisebitcoin to the current Bitcoin community in an effort to gain their trust and partnership for future projects.

Project Summary Arisebitcoin has worked with a marketing campaign vender in the San Francisco bay to purchase, print, and display 40 billboards/posters (10’5 X 22’8”) covering the bay area from South San Jose to San Pablo and the areas in between.

Project Dates Our campaign for “Hello San Francisco, Hello Bitcoin” will begin with the first display on December 27th ending on January 27th. We estimate 5 days for all 40 posters/billboards to be displayed throughout the bay area.

Total Campaign Impressions for our first project is estimated at 10,492,320 views!

Please visit our site (http://www.arisebitcoin.com) for more information!

We look forward to helping promote bitcoin to the general public and look forward to your questions.

LTC- LKNm2UVuBgMLJNPU7pV5cgQnGx6PWGk7Ju
BTC- 1NHcECfk8oxJe83m9bPME2cdUCY72vuA2Y
k0vic (OP)

Activity: 113

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:35:57 AM

To clear any confusion, project 1 has been paid for and is going live tomorrow. We are already working on project 2. Thanks!

LTC- LKNm2UVuBgMLJNPU7pV5cgQnGx6PWGk7Ju
BTC- 1NHcECfk8oxJe83m9bPME2cdUCY72vuA2Y
titulng

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

HubrisOne

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:29:25 PM

great project

◆

▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄▄            ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██       ██      ██       ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄      ██      ▐██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄██▀▀▀██▄▄        ▀██▄     ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀       ██      ██       ██              ██               ██      ██      ██              ██▀       ▀██         ██▄    ██      ▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██      ██       ██      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀      ██      ▐██▄▄▄▄        ▐█           █▌      █▄ ▀██   ██      ██▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██      ██       ██      ██▀▀▀▀▀██        ██▀▀▀▀▀▀        ██        ▀▀▀▀██▄      ▐█           █▌      ██   ██▄ ██      ██▀▀▀▀
██       ██      ██       ██      ██      ██       ██   ▄▄         ██             ▐█▌     ▐█▄         ▄█▌      ██    ▀█▄██      ██
██       ██       ██▄   ▄██       ██     ▄█▀       ██    ▀█▄       ██            ▄██       ▀██▄▄   ▄▄██▀       ██     ▀███      ██
██       ██        ▀▀███▀▀        ████████▀        ██      ▀█      ██      ███████▀           ▀▀███▀▀          ██       ██      ██████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████

▄███████████▄     
██▀       ▐█▀█▄   
██        ▐█  ▀█▄ 
██        ▐█    ▀█▄
██        ▝▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██               ██
██  ███████████  ██
██               ██
██  ██████       ██
██               ██
██▄             ▄██
▀█████████████████▀
WP

coinrevo

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:08:15 PM

Very cool. Share some photographs if you can. I personally don't like the we use coin video, which is very marketing focused.

I believe the biggest effect would be rolling out infrastructure to countries, which don't have financial services yet. The marginal utility in poor countries is much greater.
likl3sfuhjh

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 01:30:08 PM

I was trying to get a media campaign going in May.

How much are you paying for the billboards. Pm me if you dont want to post publicly. Mabey you can explain media buys a little better if i wanted to do one in nyc.

The new york times would be realy cool, but i wouldnt mind doing just some subway advertisements.

Where do I get free bitcoins?
www.bitcoinforest.com - Bitcoin faucet and survey site. Get .001 bitcoins for each survey, and .00001 for each captcha.
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:38:31 PM

Nice work guys!

I hadn't seen this thread till I searched for it just now.  Over the last few days, I noticed some "Arise, bitcoin" billboard pics on Reddit.  When I first saw the billboards, I thought the QR code was to get people to associate QR codes with bitcoin.  And then I asked myself, "hmm, I wonder what it scans to."  And then I scanned it with my phone and see that it goes to your official donation address: its purpose is to promote a totally crowd-funded advertising campaign!

In hindsight, this is pretty obvious (wtf, did I think it would scan to, the 1BitcoinEaterDoNoSend!?).  But the fact that I didn't "get it" right away reminded me how powerful and novel the concepts behind bitcoin truly are.    

I hope other bitcoin supporters see the importance of what you are doing, and those that can spare a few mBTC choose to do so.  I'm sure even 0.001BTC makes a difference.  

NOTE: if you don't trust scanning a QR-code from a picture of Reddit (potential photoshop hack) you can cross-check prior to pressing "send" with the address on the arisebitcoin website.  So far, the pictures I've seen on Reddit have been legit.  

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:32:20 PM

Hmm, this thread has been around since December 27 and only received 5 comments and 260 views.  I think I know why I missed it.  May I suggest a new title: "Arise! Bitcoin on billboards for bitcoins"

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: