Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:36:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Willing to escrow  (Read 835 times)
drb0n3z (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 06:49:19 AM

So I know I'm brand new but I wanted to offer my services as an escrow if needed. I will not charge a % fee and will screen share the entire time so both parties will be put at ease. Both parties are open to receiving my Google voice number so you can call if needed.

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this or if it has to get deleted.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:39:09 PM

Using an escrow with somebody who's been here a day kind of defeats the purpose of using an escrow.
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:03:03 AM

I think you need to build some trusted reputation before offering escrow services  Wink
drb0n3z (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 09:07:38 AM

Using an escrow with somebody who's been here a day kind of defeats the purpose of using an escrow.

Yes you will have more luck as an escrow agent if you have an established reputation to leverage.

I think you need to build some trusted reputation before offering escrow services  Wink

See, that's EXACTLY like saying that the person you're interviewing needs more experience to be hired...yet you won't give them the chance to GET that experience. Sorry, not trying to sound ungrateful for the advice but I know this. And without people WILLING to let me escrow, how the hell can one BECOME an escrow.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:09:49 PM

Yes you will have more luck as an escrow agent if you have an established reputation to leverage.

See, that's EXACTLY like saying that the person you're interviewing needs more experience to be hired...yet you won't give them the chance to GET that experience. Sorry, not trying to sound ungrateful for the advice but I know this. And without people WILLING to let me escrow, how the hell can one BECOME an escrow.

You build up trust by doing other trades and get experience other ways. That's like going to a job interview with no qualifications or CV and saying, just trust me I'm the right person for this job.
drb0n3z (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 03:02:09 PM

You build up trust by doing other trades and get experience other ways. That's like going to a job interview with no qualifications or CV and saying, just trust me I'm the right person for this job.

What other trades and other ways? 100% serious, I'd like to know what you're talking about.

Yes correct, this is like saying that you'd do well handling others' money, but are unable to produce any references, qualifications, or experience to corroborate the claim. I said you need a reputation to leverage before acting as an escrow agent, the key words being "reputation" and "leverage."

Understandable. In my job previous to my current, I handled upwards of 40 thousand a transaction cash and 100 thousand a day on our amazing days. Most days it was minimum 20 per transaction. Though that's also like me saying my dick is 24 inches long so please, what are ways to get qualifications and experience when nobody is willing to give me a shot?
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:17:34 PM

What other trades and other ways? 100% serious, I'd like to know what you're talking about.

Sell stuff on here and don't rip them off. You really think you build rep by just popping up on the internet and asking people to send you their money? You lose rep by doing this.
trynmpo

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:23:35 PM

are you serious you want to do escrow Shocked, them i m also up for escrow Grin
ohsolucky

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 06:20:20 PM

is this a joke?
or are people really that dumb to fall for this?
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 06:32:03 PM

is this a joke?
or are people really that dumb to fall for this?

You'd be surprised.
drb0n3z (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 12:11:37 AM

Sell stuff on here and don't rip them off. You really think you build rep by just popping up on the internet and asking people to send you their money? You lose rep by doing this.

There is no reason to lose rep for offering help first off. Yeah there are a lot of fuck bags but someone genuinely offers assistance and people jump putting them down, it makes those people look like assholes.

I'm currently holding all my coin and waiting on market fluctuations. With that this thread might as well die because all its turning into is 1 persons legit offer to assist and the trolls come swarming because they were screwed over 1 to many times.

Like I said, I'd be willing to screen share and do whatever is requested to put both parties at ease and prove I won't screw people over. Maybe you want to give a guy a chance, have me move 100 worthless coins from 1 wallet to another and see that I don't steal? But nope, time is better spent pretending I'm another thief out to steal the coins everyone has worked so hard for! /fap
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:30:16 AM

There is no reason to lose rep for offering help first off. Yeah there are a lot of fuck bags but someone genuinely offers assistance and people jump putting them down, it makes those people look like assholes.

I'm currently holding all my coin and waiting on market fluctuations. With that this thread might as well die because all its turning into is 1 persons legit offer to assist and the trolls come swarming because they were screwed over 1 to many times.

Like I said, I'd be willing to screen share and do whatever is requested to put both parties at ease and prove I won't screw people over. Maybe you want to give a guy a chance, have me move 100 worthless coins from 1 wallet to another and see that I don't steal? But nope, time is better spent pretending I'm another thief out to steal the coins everyone has worked so hard for! /fap

There is reason to lose rep because this kind of behaviour is exactly how scammers work. You may or may not be a scammer, but you sure look like one to everybody else. I've never been ripped off because I don't fall for stupidity like this, but obviously some people do, because they're idiots.

Nobody is trolling you, the only person who is trolling here is you. Why would trusting you with some worthless coins make it any better? This is called a long con. You get people to trust you with small amounts then as soon as you've got a decent amount you disappear. There are already numerous escrow agents, so you're not needed. Build up some trust then offer your services.

Just stop it because you're making yourself look stupid. You're either a very stupid scammer or a really stupid naive fool. Which one is it?
drb0n3z (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 03:09:11 PM

Yeah I figured you would see that as a long con.

I've suggested something be setup to one of the mods for making people who are willing to escrow available and ensuring they're legit/trustworthy.

Was I trolling? No, you'd know if I was trolling.

And if you want to say im either a scammer or a naive fool, I guess I'm a naive fool because I'm not a scammer, just someone in this asshole of a community trying to help and learn stuff.

By the way, people being dicks as above is how you get a set of people to be viewed as just that, dicks.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:36:11 PM

Yeah I figured you would see that as a long con.

I've suggested something be setup to one of the mods for making people who are willing to escrow available and ensuring they're legit/trustworthy.

Was I trolling? No, you'd know if I was trolling.

And if you want to say im either a scammer or a naive fool, I guess I'm a naive fool because I'm not a scammer, just someone in this asshole of a community trying to help and learn stuff.

By the way, people being dicks as above is how you get a set of people to be viewed as just that, dicks.

People are dicks because they express concern when a day old member wants to offer to hold onto other peoples' funds? I don't see any dick behaviour here. I see what appears to be scammer behaviour, or something that looks a lot like it. If you're legit, learn from your mistakes and build up trust in the ways I suggested.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: