Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:29:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: List Of GPU Mineable Only Coins - GPU Mining Will NEVER Die!  (Read 6080 times)
Midcrypto (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 03:13:32 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2018, 01:52:40 PM by Midcrypto

Fellow Mining Compatriots,

With every new ASIC announcement another community influencer mentions the death of GPU mining and the madness needs to stop!

Lines in the sand have been drawn between specific Cryptocurrencies and ASIC hardware manufacturers such as Bitmain. Many have specifically announced they will forever resist ASIC domination of their platform, and will achieve this with regularly scheduled hard forks among other things.

Both forms have their advantages and disadvantages of course, however GPU mining specifically is more aligned with the decentralized concept and thus a very important piece for the future, long term success and freedom Cryptocurrencies create. There are only a few countries remaining in the world without a privatized central bank dictating interest rates and enslaving citizens through automatic debt via buying their counties fiat currency at interest from the central bank. Saturation and control of Cryptos via ASIC hardware will have the same end result as fiat, and we have already witnessed glimpses of this future with Bitmain's absolute dominance of the entire industry including the creation and manipulation of Bitcoin Cash specifically.

The projects and developers who truly support the Cryptocurrency concept are becoming clearer, and more continue to take a stance against centralization via ASICs. In the near and long term future many of the coins that stand against ASICs will garner the strongest communities.

If you want a coin added/removed please provide details on the coin and how they are committed to being ASIC resistant or have been compromised.

List of GPU mineable only champions include:

- Monero
- Sumokoin
- Bitcoin Gold
- Bitcoin Private
- Bitcoin Z
- Safe Coin
- Ravencoin
- LUX
- Haven
- Pigeoncoin
- Bitcore
- Nexus
- Vertcoin
- Triton

*List updated daily

Long Live Cryptocurrency Freedom!

"The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust. Banks must be trusted to hold our money and transfer it electronically, but they lend it out in waves of credit bubbles with barely a fraction in reserve. We have to trust them with our privacy, trust them not to let identity thieves drain our accounts."

- Satoshi Nakamoto

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FloppyPurpleGherkin

Activity: 306
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:18:20 PM

+ Ravencoin, x16r algo.. changes algo every few months.. Truly ASIC resistant  Wink
Midcrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 03:19:42 PM

+ Ravencoin, x16r algo.. changes algo every few months.. Truly ASIC resistant  Wink

Added to the list!
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:21:31 PM

Added to the list!

I am not on either side, but you can add LUX also to the list:

We are pleased to announce PHI2 public testing has commenced on one of our testnets!

These new changes include FPGA and ASIC protection...along with 30-60% power reduction, and lower temps
Full release won't happen until we do a fork and introduce Segwit, Smart Contracts, POW/POS/MN reward changes and a few other things

Test pool: http://testpool.luxcore.io/ 
CC Miner: http://www.luxcore.io/files/ccminer-new-phi.zip

ccminer-x64.exe -a phi2 -o stratum+tcp://testpool.luxcore.io:3033 -u address -p x -i 21

Note: There are no rewards for testing - We are looking forward to your feedback!

texasman86

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:22:24 PM

+ Haven

and a few others that are on CN Heavy (you mentioned SUMO already)
Midcrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 03:25:42 PM

Added to the list!

I am not on either side, but you can add LUX also to the list:

We are pleased to announce PHI2 public testing has commenced on one of our testnets!

These new changes include FPGA and ASIC protection...along with 30-60% power reduction, and lower temps
Full release won't happen until we do a fork and introduce Segwit, Smart Contracts, POW/POS/MN reward changes and a few other things

Test pool: http://testpool.luxcore.io/ 
CC Miner: http://www.luxcore.io/files/ccminer-new-phi.zip

ccminer-x64.exe -a phi2 -o stratum+tcp://testpool.luxcore.io:3033 -u address -p x -i 21

Note: There are no rewards for testing - We are looking forward to your feedback!

Added.

We are not on a particular side necessarily as both have benefits to the system as a whole, but losing GPU mining entirely will forever negatively impact the community.
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:27:56 PM

Added.

We are not on a particular side necessarily as both have benefits to the system as a whole, but losing GPU mining entirely will forever negatively impact the community.

I agree 100%.
kkyy55

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:40:11 PM

Can you add Pigeoncoin (PGN) to the list? it uses the X16S algorithm with all the characteristics needed for asic resistance!
moonstruck

Activity: 125
Merit: 35

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:55:27 PM

List of GPU only mine-able champions include:
*List updated daily

-Monero
-Sumokoin
-Bitcoin Gold
-Bitcoin Private
-Bitcoin Z
-Safe Coin
-Ravencoin
-LUX
-Haven

Long live Cryptocurrency freedom!

Bitcoin gold & private have an ASIC.
Monero's slightly changed algo is already being mined by FPGA.
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:11:42 PM

I really can't believe that luxCoin devs said that they try to remain FPGA resistant! That's awesome, respect for LuxCoin. LuxCoin devs are serious, i will visit their post soon.

Bitcoin Gold and private will fork soon. At current rate, FPGAs won't increase difficulty of Monero for gpu miners anytime soon.

Also I do want to pay my respect to Ethash which was really the hardest algo to make a ASIC for. Ethash bought power to GPU mining, can't really talk trash about it even if the ASIC has been developed.
niehues313

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:26:55 PM

I agree 100% with the need of GPU mining for the eco system to be more free and reliable. Let's keep this list going !
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:29:02 PM

We cant deny that the raw computing power of GPU is still far more powerful than any other ASIC out there, however it will really depend on the algorithms that will be used and required by the blockchain. As of now even with the decline of GPU demand in crypto mining it is still profitable and it will still be in the coming years.
Midcrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 04:32:39 PM

Can you add Pigeoncoin (PGN) to the list? it uses the X16S algorithm with all the characteristics needed for asic resistance!

Added!
moonstruck

Activity: 125
Merit: 35

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:53:23 PM

I really can't believe that luxCoin devs said that they try to remain FPGA resistant! That's awesome, respect for LuxCoin. LuxCoin devs are serious, i will visit their post soon.

Bitcoin Gold and private will fork soon. At current rate, FPGAs won't increase difficulty of Monero for gpu miners anytime soon.

Also I do want to pay my respect to Ethash which was really the hardest algo to make a ASIC for. Ethash bought power to GPU mining, can't really talk trash about it even if the ASIC has been developed.

'Soon'... Well let's add them to the List of GPU only Champions when they have forked perhaps? And I wouldn't go so far as to say FPGA's won't increase the difficulty of Monero, they are already increasing the difficulty of Monero... But you don't need to take my word for it, you can be surprised all over again when the hashrate drops over 50% next fork and bounces back in a matter of weeks due to quick adoptation of FPGA & ASIC.

ASIC development cycle is getting shorter and shorter and FPGA/ASIC hybrids will be the doom of GPU mining. Good riddance as it's a waste of energy to use GPU for such purpose, the main reason people want to keep GPU mining alive is because of greed as they would see their hardware become obsolete. And I'm saying that as a GPU miner.
badfad

Activity: 186
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:06:10 PM

ASIC development cycle is getting shorter and shorter and FPGA/ASIC hybrids will be the doom of GPU mining. Good riddance as it's a waste of energy to use GPU for such purpose, the main reason people want to keep GPU mining alive is because of greed as they would see their hardware become obsolete. And I'm saying that as a GPU miner.

I really can't get how us GPU miners are accused of greed in an argument where the other side is the embodiment of greed.

dhouse

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:12:30 PM

Nexus, and bismuth maybe?

edit: i think IPBC/BitTube also forked
ltcsprite

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:16:56 PM

- Bitcoin Gold
- Bitcoin Private
- Bitcoin Z

meme coins.  Cool
banman24

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:17:34 PM

I really can't get how us GPU miners are accused of greed in an argument where the other side is the embodiment of greed.

Amen
dhouse

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

- Bitcoin Gold
- Bitcoin Private
- Bitcoin Z

meme coins.  Cool

what algo does pickle ricks use
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:21:05 PM

I am missing Bitcore on the list.
It uses the Timetravel10 algo.

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
greenfailure

Activity: 145

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:29:37 PM

Its not ever going to 'die' - just other solutions will continue to dilute the % of block rewards that are going to be taken home by GPU miners.

When they say 'die' just referring to continued downtrend in terms of btc profit vs. electricity cost.

Owner/Operator of LARGEST Greater Toronto Area mining operation.

BUY BITCOIN
Midcrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 05:34:11 PM

Added Bitcore & Nexus.
oup59

Activity: 382
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:33:16 PM

Useful topic. May the tech let the GPU mining live long.
mineoneone

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:41:00 PM

Been happily mining RVN and BTCP for a while now. Both are heavily FUD'd on social media by the larger coins they threaten but both have active groups of driven developers with a clear vision for their respective coins.
Max Likelihood

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:16:16 AM

Keep an eye on ProgPOW now. Even if it's not adopted by the top dogs it's emblematic of real ingenuity and commitment to decentralization that is not going to go away.

Don't forget fog computing type stuff on the horizon for CUDAs even if ASICs took over mining.
kkyy55

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:38:05 PM

Keep an eye on ProgPOW now. Even if it's not adopted by the top dogs it's emblematic of real ingenuity and commitment to decentralization that is not going to go away.

Don't forget fog computing type stuff on the horizon for CUDAs even if ASICs took over mining.

Good observation, additional ASIC resistance measures are very beneficial for the future of decentralization. The ProgPOW is a good additional step towards this, but how will it effect the current hash rates and efficiency of GPU miners on the network?
MiningHelp.me

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 04:18:15 PM

in GPUs we trust  Cheesy
cashclash

Activity: 86

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:34:36 PM

wasn't VTC the first coin that announced ASIC Resistance and why isn't it on the list?
gameboy366

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:07:16 PM

'Soon'... Well let's add them to the List of GPU only Champions when they have forked perhaps? And I wouldn't go so far as to say FPGA's won't increase the difficulty of Monero, they are already increasing the difficulty of Monero... But you don't need to take my word for it, you can be surprised all over again when the hashrate drops over 50% next fork and bounces back in a matter of weeks due to quick adoptation of FPGA & ASIC.

You are looking at only one side of the story. These ASICs are necessary as they will lead to further advance in ASIC resistance algos. This is how capitalism works. It is an endless competition that leads to progress in science and technology. If more powerful ASICs are coming, then more powerful ASIC resistant Algos will come. Just like when powerful missile arrived, tank's amour also started getting thick. None of that has stopped to this day. More and more powerful missiles comes with more and more powerful tank armour. Also FPGA resistant algos can be made. 
madnessteat
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1983

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:33:31 PM

I really want to see ZEC in this list. And it is not good to get if you do not change the algorithm and ZEC will be produced ASICs. I support them for a long time. Sad

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
blockchange88

Activity: 141

ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:35:11 PM

wasn't VTC the first coin that announced ASIC Resistance and why isn't it on the list?

youre right. however, im quite sure there is a lyra asic out there that just hasnt hit the market yet. keep your eyes peeled.
Midcrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 09:02:03 PM

You're right, added Vertcoin to the list!
gameboy366

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:13:06 PM

Vertcoin should be added. Even though, lyra ASICs have probably developed but still it doesn't matter, what matters os the stance of devs towards keeping the coin ASIC resistant and I think once the lyra ASIC becomes officially confirmed Vertcoin devs will do the required modification to keep it ASIC resistant.
Midcrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 09:20:49 PM

Vertcoin should be added. Even though, lyra ASICs have probably developed but still it doesn't matter, what matters os the stance of devs towards keeping the coin ASIC resistant and I think once the lyra ASIC becomes officially confirmed Vertcoin devs will do the required modification to keep it ASIC resistant.

The very first thing on Vertcoin's site says "ASIC Resistant Decentralization" which is exactly the stance needed.

https://vertcoin.org
buzzkillb

Activity: 1021
Merit: 324

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:42:45 AM

DNR - Tribus Algo
Bit_Bull82

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:48:38 AM

I completely agree with you, but I believe the nature of ASIC cpus ( Which are in any dedicated device such as a Firewall) will eventually take over all hardware.

Have you read this?

Some hard as truth here, I don't like what it means, but there is a lot of truth.

https://blog.sia.tech/the-state-of-cryptocurrency-mining-538004a37f9b

gameboy366

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:54:49 AM

I completely agree with you, but I believe the nature of ASIC cpus ( Which are in any dedicated device such as a Firewall) will eventually take over all hardware.

Have you read this?

Some hard as truth here, I don't like what it means, but there is a lot of truth.

This is where you are all wrong. Here, let me explain :
ASIC advancement is necessary for ASIC resistant algos as that is what provides the motivation for developing more powerful ASIC resistant Algos. You guys think that we need one single ASIC resistant algo that will remain resistant to ASICs forever but that's not how tech works. Did they ever created an Antivirus that will stop the viruses in the world that will be made in the future ? No, that's why they keep bringing new version and models every year. When big missiles came tank's armour also started to get thicker. This hasn't stopped to this day. More powerful missile comes with more powerful tank armour. But they never come at the same time. Either powerful missile comes first or the more powerful tank armour. Similarly now we have many powerful ASICs which will be followed by more powerful ASIC resisitant algos.
Bit_Bull82

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:30:20 AM

Have you read this?

ASIC advancement is necessary for ASIC resistant algos as that is what provides the motivation for developing more powerful ASIC resistant Algos. You guys think that we need one single ASIC resistant algo that will remain resistant to ASICs forever but that's not how tech works. Did they ever created an Antivirus that will stop the viruses in the world that will be made in the future ? No, that's why they keep bringing new version and models every year. When big missiles came tank's armour also started to get thicker. This hasn't stopped to this day. More powerful missile comes with more powerful tank armour. But they never come at the same time. Either powerful missile comes first or the more powerful tank armour. Similarly now we have many powerful ASICs which will be followed by more powerful ASIC resisitant algos.

The nature of Asic chips is to be flexible, dedicated and powerful. I think ASIC will kill GPU mining in any big cap coin. But I also think ASIC will be more available and amateur or home mining will be ASIC instead off GPU the same way now its GPU instead of CPU. Times move and I doubt ASIC will go anywhere.
maybe instead of Devs wasting time in fighting ASIC they could use their time to produce ASIC faster and make it mainstream. The end goal would be even better, decentralization on ASIC chips.
ikicha

Activity: 788
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:59:35 AM

FPGA and ASIC must gone..
They are distribute centralized hashing power, and i am very hate ASIC manufacturer.

GPU mining always alive and make decentralized again !

- Haven
- Stellite
- Solacecoin
- Triton
- MoneroV
- Many more
gameboy366

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:21:15 AM

Have you read this?

The nature of Asic chips is to be flexible, dedicated and powerful. I think ASIC will kill GPU mining in any big cap coin. But I also think ASIC will be more available and amateur or home mining will be ASIC instead off GPU the same way now its GPU instead of CPU. Times move and I doubt ASIC will go anywhere.
maybe instead of Devs wasting time in fighting ASIC they could use their time to produce ASIC faster and make it mainstream. The end goal would be even better, decentralization on ASIC chips.

How are ASICs flexible when they are only made to mine a single algo ? You sound like Bitmain's 50 cent army.

How ASICs are decentralised when only a single company produces it and mine with it for a year before releasing them to public ? Why will a for-profit company sell a money making machine ? They only sell them when there is more profit in selling them then mining with them.

Neither are ASICs widely available compared to GPUs. Many Asian countries have banned ASICs unofficially. But they can't ban GPUs. Most of the coins will switch to ASIC resistant algos in futures and it will be the trend.
Midcrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 01:53:50 PM

Added a few. Some of the other coins mentioned didn't specifically mention their ASIC resistance or plans to combat ASICs in the future.
Bit_Bull82

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:34:46 AM

Have you read this?

How are ASICs flexible when they are only made to mine a single algo ? You sound like Bitmain's 50 cent army.

How ASICs are decentralised when only a single company produces it and mine with it for a year before releasing them to public ? Why will a for-profit company sell a money making machine ? They only sell them when there is more profit in selling them then mining with them.

Neither are ASICs widely available compared to GPUs. Many Asian countries have banned ASICs unofficially. But they can't ban GPUs. Most of the coins will switch to ASIC resistant algos in futures and it will be the trend.

Mate, I do not like Bitmain at all. Im a GPU miner with a far + 250 GPUs.
That being said.

I am a professional IT Consultant with a wealth of experience in Hardware, Software, etc.

ASIC is a word that it is used WRONG in crypto mining the same way America is a continent and not a country.

Do you have a Firewall ? It has an Asic chip!
How about a Layer 3 switch? Guess what? Uses Asic.

ASIC stands for Application specific integrated chip. It doesnt f. mean ONLY FOR CRYPTO MINING. ok?

and they have been around since approx. 1980.

How are they flexible?

Because mining can be considered an application specific meaning as we discover the true power of Asic CPUs and as we move through them ( same way as FCGA is growing) we will find ways of using them in a more mainstream way, cheaper, and more effectively.

THIS change will be what will take Bitmains power away, not focusing on GPU vs ASIC. that is a stupid fight which is already lost.

So dont be a Fan boy, educate yourself, and the more we understand Asic the better we will fight Bitmain and any centralize corrupt company.

john1010

Activity: 2072
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 08:37:13 AM

All this minable coin is the life of every miners, and the Miners is the life also of all this coin too! MY opinion is, all the developer must protect each other against the ASIC invasion that can kill both the coins and the GPU Miners..
Bit_Bull82

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:11:51 AM

Hopefully that will be the case....

daftlad

Activity: 109

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 01:40:12 PM

Iridium...Can you put that on your list...
gameboy366

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:14:32 AM

That being said.

I am a professional IT Consultant with a wealth of experience in Hardware, Software, etc.

ASIC is a word that it is used WRONG in crypto mining the same way America is a continent and not a country.

ASIC stands for Application specific integrated chip. It doesnt f. mean ONLY FOR CRYPTO MINING. ok?

How are they flexible?

Because mining can be considered an application specific meaning as we discover the true power of Asic CPUs and as we move through them ( same way as FCGA is growing) we will find ways of using them in a more mainstream way, cheaper, and more effectively.

THIS change will be what will take Bitmains power away, not focusing on GPU vs ASIC. that is a stupid fight which is already lost.

So dont be a Fan boy, educate yourself, and the more we understand Asic the better we will fight Bitmain and any centralize corrupt company.

You don't know but I am doing engineering in electronics now in second year. So yes I know a thing or two about ASICs. Yes the term is used loosely here but that's how it is. You can't go explain it to everyone else and expect them to use another word, you should get the point. Now again you are only looking at one side and not the other. You statement is biased. You expect the ASICs to grow and evolve but think that algos and gpu will be still stuck in time. It doesn't matter weather you hate or like Bitmain this is just plain simple fact. You assumed that I hate Bitmain but actually I don't. It is just a phase. This is how techonolgy evolves. Again you should read my missile and tank example. You are thinking that the missile will keep getting powerful while the tank will be stuck in 1940s. More powerful ASICs= more powerful Anti-asic algos.
Bit_Bull82

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:35:06 AM

That being said.

How are they flexible?

You don't know but I am doing engineering in electronics now in second year. So yes I know a thing or two about ASICs. Yes the term is used loosely here but that's how it is. You can't go explain it to everyone else and expect them to use another word, you should get the point. Now again you are only looking at one side and not the other. You statement is biased. You expect the ASICs to grow and evolve but think that algos and gpu will be still stuck in time. It doesn't matter weather you hate or like Bitmain this is just plain simple fact. You assumed that I hate Bitmain but actually I don't. It is just a phase. This is how techonolgy evolves. Again you should read my missile and tank example. You are thinking that the missile will keep getting powerful while the tank will be stuck in 1940s. More powerful ASICs= more powerful Anti-asic algos.

I agree with you that anti-asic algos will get better and I get your analogy. I just think that we will move into a phase where we will not have a gpu vs asic anymore. because Asic will be more generic.
Anyways, good argument and cool in the engineering thing, maybe you can help with this change! Smiley

cheers!!
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 03:07:43 PM

hmmm ...

Interesting discussion, with a wide variety of opinions and ideas.

Very few grasp certain ideals about Crypto itself, let alone what ASIC, GPU and CPU 'opposition' really is, but that is part and parcel of this NEW industry, many of which are not very educated in. Speculators are among the worst in the field due to their limited knowledge of the tech involved, and the greed with which they posses this powerful tool they wield called ignorance.

This isn't to say that there are NOT any speculators that are educated in what Crypto 'actually' is, but the vast majority don't give a damn as long as they are filling their own pockets.

We have 5 coins of our own, one of which is completely PoS, one which has JHA Algo, and the others X11 (which we will be changing to custom algos we have created to suit each coin).

Does this mean we are against ASIC, or Pro GPU? No, not at all. In fact, we are growing our 'theFARM' with both GPU alongside ASIC miners just for the benefit of having both, as we are miners and not speculators, so we focus on what we do, rather than the hope of what will come.

Simply put, this sort of argument over what ASIC Algo is going to 'kill' GPU, and what GPU Algo is going to be ASIC resistant is almost as moot as saying the oceans will dry up tomorrow. This industry is growing at a rapid rate, and mining will ALWAYS be here in one form or another. CPU, GPU ASIC and future mining equipment (laser/quantum) will always be here mining, working, processing and doing the other things!

When you title this thread 'GPU Mining Will NEVER Die!' - you may as well add CPU, ASIC and future machines to that title too.

As for those that continue to say that one will die because of the other, that simply shows the complete ignorance they have, and if knowledgable, the arrogance they posses, nothing more.

NONE of these mining systems will die. NONE!

Take it from us (CWI) that build Algorithms, coins, mine and provide services in the CryptoIndustry. As far as we are concerned, lists such as these are useful tools and worth the effort of putting together, but will always change, and change often.

#crysx

Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:53:58 AM

I can't believe Chaincoin and its variants are still being overlooked, the algorithm it uses is C11 not to mention it came out the same day as Xcoin/DarkCoin/DASH did.

What is the difference between X11 and C11 algorithms you ask well here is a Quote Wink

Chaincoin was the first cryptocurrency to introduce and use the C11 hashing algorithm.
This C11 algorithm derived its name from the use of 11 random algorithms that are chained together.
The algorithms that make up C11 are: blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein, luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd and echo.
We couldn’t find a whitepaper, but C11 was greatly inspired from Darkcoin Dash X11 algorithm and is very much similar to X11.
The only difference is that these 11 algorithms in c11 are chained in a different order.

C11 is currently both ASIC and NiceHash resistant. C11 ASIC isn’t available yet, but in the future if the value of these coins goes up then the development of ASIC will be accelerated.
Also since it is similar to Dash x11 algorithm it is possible to mod Antminer D3 ASIC to mine C11 algorithm.
Aside from that, assuming that there isn’t an ASIC for C11; this is one of the decent algorithm to mine using GPU.
Especially If you have a NVIDIA GPU then it’s a good stable algo in which the power doesn’t fluctuate much.
Also most coins using c11 are new and have low difficulty so if you have a small farm you can even try solo mining.

Still going strong with no sign of FPGA/ASIC in sight thus far, home miners still have the upper hand Cheesy
TheMoneyMongers

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2019, 10:58:53 AM

Fellow Mining Compatriots,

With every new ASIC announcement another community influencer mentions the death of GPU mining and the madness needs to stop!

Lines in the sand have been drawn between specific Cryptocurrencies and ASIC hardware manufacturers such as Bitmain. Many have specifically announced they will forever resist ASIC domination of their platform, and will achieve this with regularly scheduled hard forks among other things.

Both forms have their advantages and disadvantages of course, however GPU mining specifically is more aligned with the decentralized concept and thus a very important piece for the future, long term success and freedom Cryptocurrencies create. There are only a few countries remaining in the world without a privatized central bank dictating interest rates and enslaving citizens through automatic debt via buying their counties fiat currency at interest from the central bank. Saturation and control of Cryptos via ASIC hardware will have the same end result as fiat, and we have already witnessed glimpses of this future with Bitmain's absolute dominance of the entire industry including the creation and manipulation of Bitcoin Cash specifically.

The projects and developers who truly support the Cryptocurrency concept are becoming clearer, and more continue to take a stance against centralization via ASICs. In the near and long term future many of the coins that stand against ASICs will garner the strongest communities.

If you want a coin added/removed please provide details on the coin and how they are committed to being ASIC resistant or have been compromised.

List of GPU mineable only champions include:

- Monero
- Sumokoin
- Bitcoin Gold
- Bitcoin Private
- Bitcoin Z
- Safe Coin
- Ravencoin
- LUX
- Haven
- Pigeoncoin
- Bitcore
- Nexus
- Vertcoin
- Triton

*List updated daily

Long Live Cryptocurrency Freedom!

"The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust. Banks must be trusted to hold our money and transfer it electronically, but they lend it out in waves of credit bubbles with barely a fraction in reserve. We have to trust them with our privacy, trust them not to let identity thieves drain our accounts."

- Satoshi Nakamoto

According to the recent research that I have published on my blog, I have come up with this list of 13 Best Cryptocurrencies To Mine With GPU. However, your list has become a bit outdated seems. I have made this according to the current mining profitability. Feel free to disagree.

#1. ETHEREUM (ETH)
#2. ETHEREUM CLASSIC (ETC)
#3. BITTUBE (TUBE)
#4. BITCOIN GOLD (BTG)
#5. MONERO (XMR)
#6. UBIQ (UBQ)
#7. BITCOIN DIAMOND (BCD)
#8. AION (AION)
#9. ENERGI (NRG)
#10. PIRL (PIRL)
#11. METAVERSE (ETP)
#12. EXPANSE (EXP)
#13. MUSICOIN
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 02:33:27 PM

According to the recent research that I have published on my blog, I have come up with this list of 13 Best Cryptocurrencies To Mine With GPU. However, your list has become a bit outdated seems. I have made this according to the current mining profitability. Feel free to disagree.

#1. ETHEREUM (ETH)
#2. ETHEREUM CLASSIC (ETC)
#3. BITTUBE (TUBE)
#4. BITCOIN GOLD (BTG)
#5. MONERO (XMR)
#6. UBIQ (UBQ)
#7. BITCOIN DIAMOND (BCD)
#8. AION (AION)
#9. ENERGI (NRG)
#10. PIRL (PIRL)
#11. METAVERSE (ETP)
#12. EXPANSE (EXP)
#13. MUSICOIN

The op is a fan of trollcoins, your list is the real deal or extremely close to reality, the op list was a fantroll, even at that time, those trollcoins were never profitable.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
kmetax

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 09:43:48 PM

XZC -Zcoin with mtp algo -stil fpga and asic resistant
Alucard2425
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 10:52:11 AM

Your right the number one choice in undying coins to mine is monero and also this is the best choice in cpu mining also Cheesy
kotikadze

Activity: 547
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 10:25:36 AM

XZC -Zcoin with mtp algo -stil fpga and asic resistant

I think it is not 100%. It will take some time and asic/fpga will do this algorithm!

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency  
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄████▄▄  
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
[
daftlad

Activity: 109

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 04:13:48 AM

Check Out Ritocoin..! GPU Only..! Hodl It Tho..! Peace..! https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/538311765130215436/582584098590294027/unknown.png?width=1443&height=615
suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2019, 05:23:50 AM

Honestly the coin is the best coin to be mine through GPU which is why I like the fact that it is  anti FPGA, anti-NiceHash and anti ASIC either but upon the coins we have in crypto sphere I don't think mining a coin which is just a copy of Raven coin will be that much profitable.

Rouse_creationsHostel

Activity: 333

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 07:43:29 AM

BitcoinSoV (BSoV).
It is not a Bitcoin-fork.
It is an ethereum ERC20 token that lets you mine with your GPU.
It shares the same supply, rewards and halvings as Bitcoin,
but it is deflationary, and self-destructing, just like Bomb Token. It will become scarce, eventually.
https://btcsov.com
https://bsov.info

This coin was created about 2 months ago, so it is still very very early. Check it out.
Smiley
Grumo

Activity: 430
Merit: 22

Professional user

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2019, 08:43:53 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2019, 12:29:27 PM by Grumo

This topic should be updated... it is old and now we need a new  one... especially with all the fpga and asic out.

now x16 algo is mineable with fpga. i tell x16 because all the variant are supported in fpga miner release

it remains only x21s, x25x, mtp, monero , not many coins are mineable with gpus... and the profit is very low

i know that fpga developers mine coins with their private bitstreams with secret. when an algo isnt getting enough profit they release it with dev fee and sell the bitstream with a dna license . this is evil!!!

i know some good coins that are developing truly resistance to asic and fpga.... but they arent released yet ,, still testnet

i think fpga are only destroying the market, because these fpga developers are keeping all the profits for theirselves. this means only centralization of mining

bTCBTCbiᴛcoinᗷTCethDOGEzecⅬTCUSDT
Aiwei052289

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 02:47:37 PM

SWAP XWP use Cuckaroo29s algo almost same with GRIN a ASIC resistant coin.
badbart

Activity: 449
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 05:41:54 PM

Beam and grin just changed their algo and RVN is changing to fork the fpgas.
badfad

Activity: 186

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 02:39:13 AM

Beam and grin just changed their algo and RVN is changing to fork the fpgas.

Yeah they did, profitability is the same though.

How do you fork fpgas? They can probably tweak bitstreams in a few days or in advance since the algo details are known pre-fork.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: