Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:12:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: List Of GPU Mineable Only Coins - GPU Mining Will NEVER Die!  (Read 6083 times)
Midcrypto (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 03:13:32 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2018, 01:52:40 PM by Midcrypto

Fellow Mining Compatriots,

With every new ASIC announcement another community influencer mentions the death of GPU mining and the madness needs to stop!

Lines in the sand have been drawn between specific Cryptocurrencies and ASIC hardware manufacturers such as Bitmain. Many have specifically announced they will forever resist ASIC domination of their platform, and will achieve this with regularly scheduled hard forks among other things.

Both forms have their advantages and disadvantages of course, however GPU mining specifically is more aligned with the decentralized concept and thus a very important piece for the future, long term success and freedom Cryptocurrencies create. There are only a few countries remaining in the world without a privatized central bank dictating interest rates and enslaving citizens through automatic debt via buying their counties fiat currency at interest from the central bank. Saturation and control of Cryptos via ASIC hardware will have the same end result as fiat, and we have already witnessed glimpses of this future with Bitmain's absolute dominance of the entire industry including the creation and manipulation of Bitcoin Cash specifically.

The projects and developers who truly support the Cryptocurrency concept are becoming clearer, and more continue to take a stance against centralization via ASICs. In the near and long term future many of the coins that stand against ASICs will garner the strongest communities.

If you want a coin added/removed please provide details on the coin and how they are committed to being ASIC resistant or have been compromised.

List of GPU mineable only champions include:

- Monero
- Sumokoin
- Bitcoin Gold
- Bitcoin Private
- Bitcoin Z
- Safe Coin
- Ravencoin
- LUX
- Haven
- Pigeoncoin
- Bitcore
- Nexus
- Vertcoin
- Triton

*List updated daily

Long Live Cryptocurrency Freedom!

"The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust. Banks must be trusted to hold our money and transfer it electronically, but they lend it out in waves of credit bubbles with barely a fraction in reserve. We have to trust them with our privacy, trust them not to let identity thieves drain our accounts."

- Satoshi Nakamoto

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FloppyPurpleGherkin

Activity: 306
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:18:20 PM

+ Ravencoin, x16r algo.. changes algo every few months.. Truly ASIC resistant  Wink
Midcrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 03:19:42 PM

+ Ravencoin, x16r algo.. changes algo every few months.. Truly ASIC resistant  Wink

Added to the list!
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:21:31 PM

Added to the list!

I am not on either side, but you can add LUX also to the list:

We are pleased to announce PHI2 public testing has commenced on one of our testnets!

These new changes include FPGA and ASIC protection...along with 30-60% power reduction, and lower temps
Full release won't happen until we do a fork and introduce Segwit, Smart Contracts, POW/POS/MN reward changes and a few other things

Test pool: http://testpool.luxcore.io/ 
CC Miner: http://www.luxcore.io/files/ccminer-new-phi.zip

ccminer-x64.exe -a phi2 -o stratum+tcp://testpool.luxcore.io:3033 -u address -p x -i 21

Note: There are no rewards for testing - We are looking forward to your feedback!

texasman86

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:22:24 PM

+ Haven

and a few others that are on CN Heavy (you mentioned SUMO already)
Midcrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 03:25:42 PM

Added to the list!

I am not on either side, but you can add LUX also to the list:

We are pleased to announce PHI2 public testing has commenced on one of our testnets!

These new changes include FPGA and ASIC protection...along with 30-60% power reduction, and lower temps
Full release won't happen until we do a fork and introduce Segwit, Smart Contracts, POW/POS/MN reward changes and a few other things

Test pool: http://testpool.luxcore.io/ 
CC Miner: http://www.luxcore.io/files/ccminer-new-phi.zip

ccminer-x64.exe -a phi2 -o stratum+tcp://testpool.luxcore.io:3033 -u address -p x -i 21

Note: There are no rewards for testing - We are looking forward to your feedback!

Added.

We are not on a particular side necessarily as both have benefits to the system as a whole, but losing GPU mining entirely will forever negatively impact the community.
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:27:56 PM

Added.

We are not on a particular side necessarily as both have benefits to the system as a whole, but losing GPU mining entirely will forever negatively impact the community.

I agree 100%.
kkyy55

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:40:11 PM

Can you add Pigeoncoin (PGN) to the list? it uses the X16S algorithm with all the characteristics needed for asic resistance!
moonstruck

Activity: 125
Merit: 35

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:55:27 PM

List of GPU only mine-able champions include:
*List updated daily

-Monero
-Sumokoin
-Bitcoin Gold
-Bitcoin Private
-Bitcoin Z
-Safe Coin
-Ravencoin
-LUX
-Haven

Long live Cryptocurrency freedom!

Bitcoin gold & private have an ASIC.
Monero's slightly changed algo is already being mined by FPGA.
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:11:42 PM

I really can't believe that luxCoin devs said that they try to remain FPGA resistant! That's awesome, respect for LuxCoin. LuxCoin devs are serious, i will visit their post soon.

Bitcoin Gold and private will fork soon. At current rate, FPGAs won't increase difficulty of Monero for gpu miners anytime soon.

Also I do want to pay my respect to Ethash which was really the hardest algo to make a ASIC for. Ethash bought power to GPU mining, can't really talk trash about it even if the ASIC has been developed.
niehues313

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:26:55 PM

I agree 100% with the need of GPU mining for the eco system to be more free and reliable. Let's keep this list going !
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:29:02 PM

We cant deny that the raw computing power of GPU is still far more powerful than any other ASIC out there, however it will really depend on the algorithms that will be used and required by the blockchain. As of now even with the decline of GPU demand in crypto mining it is still profitable and it will still be in the coming years.
Midcrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 04:32:39 PM

Can you add Pigeoncoin (PGN) to the list? it uses the X16S algorithm with all the characteristics needed for asic resistance!

Added!
moonstruck

Activity: 125
Merit: 35

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:53:23 PM

I really can't believe that luxCoin devs said that they try to remain FPGA resistant! That's awesome, respect for LuxCoin. LuxCoin devs are serious, i will visit their post soon.

Bitcoin Gold and private will fork soon. At current rate, FPGAs won't increase difficulty of Monero for gpu miners anytime soon.

Also I do want to pay my respect to Ethash which was really the hardest algo to make a ASIC for. Ethash bought power to GPU mining, can't really talk trash about it even if the ASIC has been developed.

'Soon'... Well let's add them to the List of GPU only Champions when they have forked perhaps? And I wouldn't go so far as to say FPGA's won't increase the difficulty of Monero, they are already increasing the difficulty of Monero... But you don't need to take my word for it, you can be surprised all over again when the hashrate drops over 50% next fork and bounces back in a matter of weeks due to quick adoptation of FPGA & ASIC.

ASIC development cycle is getting shorter and shorter and FPGA/ASIC hybrids will be the doom of GPU mining. Good riddance as it's a waste of energy to use GPU for such purpose, the main reason people want to keep GPU mining alive is because of greed as they would see their hardware become obsolete. And I'm saying that as a GPU miner.
badfad

Activity: 186
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:06:10 PM

ASIC development cycle is getting shorter and shorter and FPGA/ASIC hybrids will be the doom of GPU mining. Good riddance as it's a waste of energy to use GPU for such purpose, the main reason people want to keep GPU mining alive is because of greed as they would see their hardware become obsolete. And I'm saying that as a GPU miner.

I really can't get how us GPU miners are accused of greed in an argument where the other side is the embodiment of greed.

dhouse

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:12:30 PM

Nexus, and bismuth maybe?

edit: i think IPBC/BitTube also forked
ltcsprite

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:16:56 PM

- Bitcoin Gold
- Bitcoin Private
- Bitcoin Z

meme coins.  Cool
banman24

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:17:34 PM

I really can't get how us GPU miners are accused of greed in an argument where the other side is the embodiment of greed.

Amen
dhouse

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

- Bitcoin Gold
- Bitcoin Private
- Bitcoin Z

meme coins.  Cool

what algo does pickle ricks use
klaaas