Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:01:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (A.C.T.) - Alternate Cryptocurrency Trading (w/ C.A.T.)  (Read 3578 times)
Bitcoin-Corporation.com (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:06:33 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 05:32:35 PM by Bitcoin-Corporation.com

Hi,
This topic is mainly centered around Trading the many Alternate Cryptocurrencies found on Cryptsy, using Sampey's C.A.T. System.

I've never seen anything like C.A.T.

I've used all sorts of trading programs in a number markets, particularly the fiat market of forex trading. I've collected a TON of metatrader bots. I've made a lot of money with them, and lost a lot, ending in profits not to brag about. But C.A.T. ...

This thing is in beta and after a week of constant trading I have NEVER seen a cumulative loss. And sampey is dishing out the updates regularly. I asked for a feature and the next day and update came out and my request made the update. I'm nobody special, but I was pleased.

Being new to using it, I'm looking for others to:
1) Share and optimize settings
2) accelerate and maximize the trading and profits at cryptsy

I'd love to be the moderator of this topic to help it stay on point, but I would have to be a bitcointalk.org moderator (hint). Ahem.

That being said, I'm interested in a number of things, but I'll start of asking:

a) what do you find to be the top five best markets to use with cat? Ie: Most active and profitable.
b) to what and when do you adjust your minimum guaranteed gain % based on the above? For example:
 - if you are in 1-5 markets with a total of less than 1 btc, what do you set your Min. Gain % at?
 - if you are in 1-5 markets with a total of 1 btc or more, what do you set your Min. Gain % at?

BC

yorich

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:06:07 PM

where is this "ACT" located?  is it a program? a book/Method?  you don't provide any details, yet ask for help to optimize settings?
Sampey
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:13:19 PM

BC, thank you so much for your post  Wink Wink
Sampey
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:14:12 PM

where is this "ACT" located?  is it a program? a book/Method?  you don't provide any details, yet ask for help to optimize settings?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=329168.0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:26:25 PM

where is this "ACT" located?  is it a program? a book/Method?  you don't provide any details, yet ask for help to optimize settings?

Silly me.

I apologize yorich.
I failed to think about the fact that the topic would broadcast to everyone in general, not just the people I was directing it to, or directing to it.

I'm discussing Alternate Cryptocurrency Trading and used A.C.T. because it's easier (for me, thus confusing you).

C.A.T. is the phenomenal trading software (it IS a phenom in deed) that we use to facilitate trading at cryptsy.com (and soon others). There once was a country that was formed as the result of a group of people's fight for liberty; that truly believed the words inscribed upon the base of the Roman goddess of freedom that read: "Give me your tired, your poor/Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free".

Well, cryptsy is ONE of the homes of huddled mass cryptcurrencies. We're not so much interested in the actual long term value of the cryptos as we are interested in simply profiting from trading them!

And this what C.A.T. does, and does it well (even in beta).

You can read more at:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=329168.0

Thanks!
BC
DarkKnight

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:36:20 PM

We're not so much interested in the actual long term value of the cryptos as we are interested in simply profiting from trading them!

Good point. So what (if any) value does allowing a program like C.A.T. to exist, have for the Alt-coin community?

As I see it, CAT delivers lower prices to miners, higher prices to buyers, and makes for aggravating nickel & dime trade wars on Cryptsy's sell wall, all the while sucking profits out for people that do nothing and add no value to the market.

I wonder what order of magnitude Cryptsy's trade engine would speed up if BigVern disabled the API for a little while?
Sampey
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:44:21 PM

I wonder what order of magnitude Cryptsy's trade engine would speed up if BigVern disabled the API for a little while?

Not sure about that, there arent 1000 CAT Users, and CAT doesn't work with continue API Call, a Process Lookup consist of 40 Seconds Sleep and the a Lookup (usually 1-3 API CALL).
An API Call is very different from the load of an entire site page or a market. API Call is a precise call for a precise info.

Independent by these facts, when a Site have a Big Grow (like cryptsy), solution is not to eliminate features, but to add power and security  Wink
theomoplatapus

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:53:32 PM

So what kind of settings are you using bitcion-corp?  I just bought the program and am looking to optimize it too.

#Bitcoin

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:00:17 PM

DarkKnight,

*** Please be aware that I started this topic to discuss C.A.T. settings. ***

But...
I see where this is going, so I'll tell you right off the top that I'm the last person to say I am qualified to argue your point.

I think about it like this:
The other day I asked my girl to buy me a red bull. She happily returned with a brown paper bag (didn't even know stores still offered them) and handed me my drink. Being the trusting fool I can be sometimes, I popped it open and took a swig. As the liquid hit my belly my mind and brain argued over accuracy of the report from my taste buds that this ish don't taste right.

I pull back the bag and read 'green dragon' - I yelled "what the! Onya! What is this crap! This isn't red bull!"

She said "no, it's just like it though". And I yelled "ITS NOT RED BULL!". I didn't like it. I didn't like the taste, and the taurine and caffeine... well, thats another story.

My point is, the market is full of all kinds of knock offs. Some of them quite good actually, and some of the vendors and retailers should be jailed for others. Yet, in this world of HEALTHY competition, the best will survive and be stronger as a result of the competition I believe.

You might now think trading is a viable and gainful pursuit, but me and many others are feeding our families while staying compliant with he laws, and on the side we then have disposable income we can now use to invest in and create other things. And yes, I've been doing that for years too. So you might not see the value of another man's functions, but that doesn't deny it's existence.

I trade, I profit, I invest, I develop and create, I rinse and repeat if compelled.

Forgive me if I'm unable to help you understand why it's right for me.

BC

We're not so much interested in the actual long term value of the cryptos as we are interested in simply profiting from trading them!

Good point. So what (if any) value does allowing a program like C.A.T. to exist, have for the Alt-coin community?

As I see it, CAT delivers lower prices to miners, higher prices to buyers, and makes for aggravating nickel & dime trade wars on Cryptsy's sell wall, all the while sucking profits out for people that do nothing and add no value to the market.

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:09:11 PM

You're more than welcome, Sampey.
You know how I feel about this whole thing Wink

BC

BC, thank you so much for your post  Wink Wink

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:52:06 PM

So what kind of settings are you using bitcion-corp?  I just bought the program and am looking to optimize it too.

I've been playing around with the settings, and even when I totally screwed up it had very little impact on my total cumulative gain. This, of course, was in line with how much I had screwed up. Let me explain:

For ltc/btc I had set my Min. Gain % to .3 (yeah, I know. waaaay too low). There was no choice but to return a loss if the transaction fee is .3 and my min. gain is .3 - DUH! This what happens when you're too eager (desperate? lol)

So, I was instructed to adjust my min. between .8 and 1.5 - Keep in mind, when it was .3 there was tons of activity. It opened a lot of trade orders, and many were canceled because cat didn't see a profit. So, I set it to .5 - That was with ltc/btc

Realize that all of this stuff I'm learning too. One thing I'm starting to learn is that the number of trades will depend on all sorts of factors, some of them outside of cat, such as how active the market pair is. This is what the function "market list - With statistic calculation" can help you determine. It lists things such as the market volumes and buys and sells in the last 24 hours, and (Sell Trade 24H / Buy Trade 24H).

So, ltc/btc is not as active as some others. I found cryptsy/btc is actually quite active. Cat seems to love to trade it.

I have the following markets open since yesterday, but I'll be closing some of them, stopping their orders, and reopening them and new ones according to the Market List:

ltc/btc - 1.0411
points/btc - 1.0411
gm/ltc - .5
asc/ltc - .411
sbc/btc - .411
doge/ltc - .411
doge/btc - .411

I know some of them are less than .8, but I wanted to see more activity. Why 411 ? For no other reason than because it's more than .3 and where I'm from 411 is the number you dial on your telephone for information! "Call me crazy" - get it?

I'll go check the results and post back.

BC

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:44:02 PM

Ok,

in my "training" account (ha!) I have the following open orders and I'm closing them with the cat "close all orders" function:

Open Orders
Date/Action/Market   Price   Quantity   Total   Action
2013-12-27 01:47:50       Buy  ASC/LTC   0.00008243 LTC   86.25435027 ASC   0.00710995 LTC   Cancel Order
2013-12-27 09:48:15       Buy  Points/BTC   0.00100000 BTC   0.11000000 Points   0.00011000 BTC   Cancel Order
2013-12-27 10:10:37       Buy  Points/BTC   0.00100000 BTC   0.11000000 Points   0.00011000 BTC   Cancel Order
2013-12-27 10:45:05       Sell  LTC/BTC   0.03200001 BTC   0.15000000 LTC   0.00480000 BTC   Cancel Order
2013-12-27 10:45:06       Sell  LTC/BTC   0.03200001 BTC   0.11000000 LTC   0.00352000 BTC   Cancel Order
2013-12-27 10:45:06       Sell  LTC/BTC   0.03200001 BTC   0.15100000 LTC   0.00483200 BTC   Cancel Order
2013-12-27 11:35:56       Sell  DOGE/BTC   0.00000082 BTC   19750.00000000 DOGE   0.01619500 BTC   Cancel Order
2013-12-27 13:03:15       Buy  LTC/BTC   0.01574944 BTC   0.12698852 LTC   0.00200000 BTC   Cancel Order
2013-12-27 13:03:16       Buy  LTC/BTC   0.01574944 BTC   0.28123544 LTC   0.00442930 BTC   Cancel Order
2013-12-27 13:40:06       Buy  DOGE/LTC   0.00001172 LTC   49.91918252 DOGE   0.00058505 LTC   Cancel Order
2013-12-27 14:32:15       Buy  ASC/LTC   0.00008643 LTC   11.32808807 ASC   0.00097909 LTC   Cancel Order
2013-12-27 14:33:47       Buy  ASC/LTC   0.00008643 LTC   12.51798626 ASC   0.00108193 LTC   Cancel Order

All have gone in to "zombie" status except  "GME/LTC" - Don't know why. There are no open orders.

Will report gains in the next post

BC

Sampey
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:47:35 PM

Because there are  :
- Trade From Ping (From "Trades From Ping" will born PONG)
- Sell/Buy Pool > 0 (From Sell/Buy pool Born Automatic PING Orders).

This is the reason why your market isn't in Zombie status :-)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:01:31 PM

Because there are  :
- Trade From Ping (From "Trades From Ping" will born PONG)
- Sell/Buy Pool > 0 (From Sell/Buy pool Born Automatic PING Orders).

This is the reason why your market isn't in Zombie status :-)

Oh? Thats why it didn't zombie? I was trying to find the reason. Ok. Well I'm downloading new market data now so I'll have to wait and have a look when it finishes.

BC
Sampey
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:02:33 PM

Zombie means :

- No Ping
- No Pong
- No Buy/Sell Pool with value > 0
- No Trade From Ping to create Pong
theomoplatapus

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:59:01 PM

So what kind of settings are you using bitcion-corp?  I just bought the program and am looking to optimize it too.

I've been playing around with the settings, and even when I totally screwed up it had very little impact on my total cumulative gain. This, of course, was in line with how much I had screwed up. Let me explain:

For ltc/btc I had set my Min. Gain % to .3 (yeah, I know. waaaay too low). There was no choice but to return a loss if the transaction fee is .3 and my min. gain is .3 - DUH! This what happens when you're too eager (desperate? lol)

So, I was instructed to adjust my min. between .8 and 1.5 - Keep in mind, when it was .3 there was tons of activity. It opened a lot of trade orders, and many were canceled because cat didn't see a profit. So, I set it to .5 - That was with ltc/btc

Realize that all of this stuff I'm learning too. One thing I'm starting to learn is that the number of trades will depend on all sorts of factors, some of them outside of cat, such as how active the market pair is. This is what the function "market list - With statistic calculation" can help you determine. It lists things such as the market volumes and buys and sells in the last 24 hours, and (Sell Trade 24H / Buy Trade 24H).

So, ltc/btc is not as active as some others. I found cryptsy/btc is actually quite active. Cat seems to love to trade it.

I have the following markets open since yesterday, but I'll be closing some of them, stopping their orders, and reopening them and new ones according to the Market List:

ltc/btc - 1.0411
points/btc - 1.0411
gm/ltc - .5
asc/ltc - .411
sbc/btc - .411
doge/ltc - .411
doge/btc - .411

I know some of them are less than .8, but I wanted to see more activity. Why 411 ? For no other reason than because it's more than .3 and where I'm from 411 is the number you dial on your telephone for information! "Call me crazy" - get it?

I'll go check the results and post back.

BC

Thanks for the reply, this will help.  I see that you have a lot more coin than I do in less markets.  Right now I have 10 markets going with only .01 in each, so I think I will reduce the number of markets and maybe give .5% min guaranteed gain a try.

#Bitcoin
Black.Dog

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

«Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish»

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:22:35 AM

Hi,
This topic is mainly centered around Trading the many Alternate Cryptocurrencies found on Cryptsy, using Sampey's C.A.T. System.

I've never seen anything like C.A.T.

I've used all sorts of trading programs in a number markets, particularly the fiat market of forex trading. I've collected a TON of metatrader bots. I've made a lot of money with them, and lost a lot, ending in profits not to brag about. But C.A.T. ...

This thing is in beta and after a week of constant trading I have NEVER seen a cumulative loss. And sampey is dishing out the updates regularly. I asked for a feature and the next day and update came out and my request made the update. I'm nobody special, but I was pleased.

Being new to using it, I'm looking for others to:
1) Share and optimize settings
2) accelerate and maximize the trading and profits at cryptsy

I'd love to be the moderator of this topic to help it stay on point, but I would have to be a bitcointalk.org moderator (hint). Ahem.

That being said, I'm interested in a number of things, but I'll start of asking:

a) what do you find to be the top five best markets to use with cat? Ie: Most active and profitable.
b) to what and when do you adjust your minimum guaranteed gain % based on the above? For example:
 - if you are in 1-5 markets with a total of less than 1 btc, what do you set your Min. Gain % at?
 - if you are in 1-5 markets with a total of 1 btc or more, what do you set your Min. Gain % at?

BC

+ 1 for me!

We Love All Crypto Coins!

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:23:10 AM

Thanks for the reply, this will help.  I see that you have a lot more coin than I do in less markets.  Right now I have 10 markets going with only .01 in each, so I think I will reduce the number of markets and maybe give .5% min guaranteed gain a try.

Glad I could help. I'm learning too, and helping solidifies what I've already learned. Speaking of which, I've learned that if you're using "Pink Pong Mode> Normal" you should check 'Never Buy/Sell Directly'. Sampey, can you elaborate on what this does exactly before I mess up the explanation

BC

Sampey
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:04:44 PM

Thanks for the reply, this will help.  I see that you have a lot more coin than I do in less markets.  Right now I have 10 markets going with only .01 in each, so I think I will reduce the number of markets and maybe give .5% min guaranteed gain a try.

Glad I could help. I'm learning too, and helping solidifies what I've already learned. Speaking of which, I've learned that if you're using "Pink Pong Mode> Normal" you should check 'Never Buy/Sell Directly'. Sampey, can you elaborate on what this does exactly before I mess up the explanation

BC

Never Buy/Sell Directly'
Is an option that works like this : when CAT decide an order if there's an immediate Match (you Sell@X and there's a Buy@X in the market or you Buy@X and there's a Sell@X), CAT will add/remove 1 satoshi from the price and your order will be the first in the Buy/Sell Queue, but i will not buy/directly. Other users will decide to Buy your orders.

This is not a mandatory option and some people prefer to let uncheched this option. Gain is always guaranteed.

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:17:35 PM

Never Buy/Sell Directly'
Is an option that works like this : when CAT decide an order if there's an immediate Match (you Sell@X and there's a Buy@X in the market or you Buy@X and there's a Sell@X), CAT will add/remove 1 satoshi from the price and your order will be the first in the Buy/Sell Queue, but i will not buy/directly. Other users will decide to Buy your orders.

This is not a mandatory option and some people prefer to let uncheched this option. Gain is always guaranteed.

Nice. 100% understood.

Speaking % - can you thoroughly explain here the parameter "Sell All If % With Ref Is".

I'm always following such things in the log as:
2013-12-28 11:02:46| Cannot Reorder Max Ref Price is X Min Ref Price is X % Diff is X % Of Reference is X
2013-12-28 11:03:27| Cannot Reorder Sell Price Calculated is x Reference Price Is x

I understand that it's referring to the unit price we set in the Ping Pong creator, but can you explain it a bit more?

BC
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: