Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:34:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone interested in shared warehouse space for your mining rigs?  (Read 1996 times)
amazingrando (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 10:14:47 PM

I looking at renting some warehouse space for my mining rigs.  The space I am looking at is 1000 sqft in Salt Lake City, near the airport, of which I would only need about 250 sqft.  Electricity should be between 6-7 cents per kWh, though I have not confirmed the exact price.  Anyone interested sharing the space with me?  I expect it to be about $1/sq ft. with a 150 sq ft. minimum + electricity, insurance, and Internet access.

Bitbond - 105% PPS mining bond - mining payouts without buying hardware
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 01:30:48 AM

Decent cost. I'm sure interested people would like some more info:

1. How secure is the facility?
2. How many amps can the facility pull?
3. Is there any cooling? What are the inside temperatures like in the peak summer hours?

With even just 150 sq feet, that's a lot of rigs, amps, and heat. Can you handle it?

Buy & Hold
chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 03:09:15 AM

I am in KY/TN area, and are looking into the same thing as OP.
If anyone interested in this area, please PM me
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2011, 03:15:11 AM

Cooling can be one heck of an issue,  You need to guide cool air to the GPUs and catch the hot air straight from the card's end(s).

If you're leaving GPUs in the open and venting the room, your GPU will end up breathing their own shit.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 11:23:06 PM

I looking at renting some warehouse space for my mining rigs.  The space I am looking at is 1000 sqft in Salt Lake City, near the airport, of which I would only need about 250 sqft.  Electricity should be between 6-7 cents per kWh, though I have not confirmed the exact price.  Anyone interested sharing the space with me?  I expect it to be about $1/sq ft. with a 150 sq ft. minimum + electricity, insurance, and Internet access.
$1/sq ft?  Man, you have a heck of a lot lower rental rates than I do here!  Of course, I haven't really been looking at warehouses either... a warehouse isn't going to have sufficient cooling.
amazingrando (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 11:29:02 PM

$1/sq ft?  Man, you have a heck of a lot lower rental rates than I do here!  Of course, I haven't really been looking at warehouses either... a warehouse isn't going to have sufficient cooling.

Well, the warehouse deal fell through.  As for cooling, I was planning to have a HVAC company install a forced air cooling system.  The place had locks and an alarm and was situated in a low-crime area.  Power was 230v with plenty of amps.

Now looking at a different place in Seattle...  stay tuned.

Bitbond - 105% PPS mining bond - mining payouts without buying hardware
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: