Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 07:25:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My DOGE/LTC Miner, Best Settings for 7850?  (Read 1257 times)
robocopRufio (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:21:19 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 10:11:50 PM by robocopRufio

Hello everyone, below are the specs to my altcoin miner. I have been mining dogecoin and litecoin.

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 MOBO
AMD FX-6300 ishera 3.5 GHz CPU
2 x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Series
3 x PowerColor AX7850 @GBD5-DH GPU
750 W Corsair PSU
xubuntu running on a 16GB PNY USB thumb drive
Alpha USB network adapter

I'm using cgminer with the following settings, currently mining DOGE

#!/bin/sh
export DISPLAY=:0
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
cd /home/YOUR_XUBUNTU_USERNAME/cgminer-2.11.4-x86_64-built
./cgminer --scrypt -I 19 --thread-concurrency 21712 -o stratum+tcp://fast-pool.com:3333 -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD

According to my kill-a-watt P3, this setup uses about 425 watts.

By the way I have used many pools for DOGE and my current pool, https://fast-pool.com by far has returned the best results for myself.

I'm currently averaging just a little over 900 KH/s. I haven't messed with any of the cgminer settings at all, I just copied them from Crypto Badger at http://www.cryptobadger.com/2013/04/build-a-litecoin-mining-rig-linux/ which has the best information on alt coin mining available on the net!

Anyways, can anyone tell me the best cgminer settings to get the most out of my cards. Also, I would like to keep my cards in good condition. As soon as Alpha Technology comes out with the ASIC miner for scrypt, I will be turning my miner into a gaming machine. I recommend checking out their soon to be available products at https://alpha-t.net/. Thanks in advance everyone! Happy mining!

DOGE ADDRESS: DJ683hon7TG9qGHvRjqzyvrfsXaq56JieH
mikeybit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:35:31 PM

I had my 7850s running with --gpu-engine 1050 --gpu-memclock 1450

That would get me ~380 kh/s each

Not sure about actual watt consumption since I didn't have a kill-a-watt
robocopRufio (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:43:03 PM

Can you elaborate please? What exactly do those commands accomplish? The memclock command overclocks the GPU right? How about the gpu-engine command? What did you have for intensity? Also, any thoughts on the --thread-concurrency command?

Does anyone have a good resource for learning the cgminer settings?

Thanks!
sibilant_doge

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:43:13 PM

A heads up on the 7850's. It looks like best buy is clearing their stock so a lot of stores have 7850's on hand in clearance for $107 per. So, a little over $0.28 per kH/s. Might be worth checking your local stores.
robocopRufio (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:30:04 PM

A heads up on the 7850's. It looks like best buy is clearing their stock so a lot of stores have 7850's on hand in clearance for $107 per. So, a little over $0.28 per kH/s. Might be worth checking your local stores.

I checked my local stores clearance and open box inventory online and they don't have any. I even called and got a sales associate that just told me to come into the store, I guess he didn't want to type to check inventory. Bummer, I would have bought at least 2 more and got a couple powered risers and hooked them up to a spare PSU. 

BEST BUY SUCKS!!!
mikeybit

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:34:22 PM

Can you elaborate please? What exactly do those commands accomplish? The memclock command overclocks the GPU right? How about the gpu-engine command? What did you have for intensity? Also, any thoughts on the --thread-concurrency command?

Thanks!

The memclock controls the speed of the memory on the card. The engine controls the core speed. 

I usually run all of my cards at I 19, but I'd play around with that and see what works for you .

Concurrency should be 64*memory bus width => so 64 * 256 = 16192 (I typically run 16000)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_AMD_graphics_processing_units#Southern_Islands_.28HD_7xxx.29_Series
robocopRufio (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 08:31:18 PM

Thanks!

The memclock controls the speed of the memory on the card. The engine controls the core speed. 

I usually run all of my cards at I 19, but I'd play around with that and see what works for you .

Concurrency should be 64*memory bus width => so 64 * 256 = 16192 (I typically run 16000)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_AMD_graphics_processing_units#Southern_Islands_.28HD_7xxx.29_Series

Thanks mikeybit, good info! Do you know if running the cards at your settings will severely decrease the lifespan of the cards?
mikeybit

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:25:51 PM

Thanks!

Thanks mikeybit, good info! Do you know if running the cards at your settings will severely decrease the lifespan of the cards?

Assume that any overclocking will decrease lifespan, not sure how severe it is. I think keeping temps down is very important to lifespan.  I always kept them around 70-75*C.  I don't have 7850's anymore, but the ones I owned, I ran for 6+ months without any hiccups at those settings.
bitcoinmineey

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:14:28 AM

I may have bought all the best buy 7850's Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: