Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:00:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that challenges improves a person's character?  (Read 464 times)
stitch101

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 05:17:15 PM

There goes the saying that "what doesn't kill you, can only make you stronger." Just like in online gambling, every time there is a new event or "challenge", I get pumped up and excited to play. It made me to be more competitive and optimistic in life.
We should really face challenges head on so we can learn lessons from them. It is true that the odds in online gambling is exciting and I personally see it as a good mood setter. It is because the gambling part adds spice to the game itself. That even if I lose, I still earn something for myself and be better in the game.
Hotrod_88

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 06:34:58 PM

There goes the saying that "what doesn't kill you, can only make you stronger." Just like in online gambling, every time there is a new event or "challenge", I get pumped up and excited to play. It made me to be more competitive and optimistic in life.
We should really face challenges head on so we can learn lessons from them. It is true that the odds in online gambling is exciting and I personally see it as a good mood setter. It is because the gambling part adds spice to the game itself. That even if I lose, I still earn something for myself and be better in the game.
With or without challenges, life must be taken in positive way as much as you can. Unfortunate things are bound to happen every now and then but never lose yourself in the shadow. What I learned about online gambling is that not everyday, you can draw a lucky card, but there is still tomorrows and plenty of cards left in the deck for us to use someday.
David H

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 06:45:58 AM

I prefer yes it oboviously to anyone person who has not given any oppurtunity and after any diffcult challenges they will improve in himself a lot.
Accounting87

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 07:21:46 AM

I challenge myself from my past experiences and situations enhances ability to improve.

Challenges - like all experience - build character.

But does it improve?  Not all the time - many times an experience will lead to negative development of the character.

For example, a person does a small crime like secretly acting as the escrow of their own transaction, in an effort to make more money.

They get away with it, and the experience convinces them they can get away with dishonestly.  So they more on to more serious crimes.

Crime is normally a choice, not just experience. So a challenge these people face is whether or not to commit felony
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: