Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:33:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Site! -> BitMarket Square *Update*  (Read 1722 times)
BitMarket Square (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 07:51:11 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2011, 05:06:22 PM by BitMarket Square

Hello All,

I would like to let you all know about a new site we have started, BitMarket Square - https://www.bitmarketsquare.com

The site is online marketplace forum dedicated to the Bitcoin Economy, a place where people looking to sell, buy, or trade goods and services can go and advertise their wares.

BitMarket Square gets its name from Market Square, which was the town center "Farmers Market" area of Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia since its draft in 1699. In 1722 King George I officially authorized markets and established fairs at Market Square for “for the Sale and Vending of all, and all Manner of Cattle, Victuals, Provisions, Goods, Wares and Merchandises, whatsoever”. By the end of the century, there were six markets a week selling hams, oysters, fish, fowl, sheep, wheat, corn, and a good deal more. Most famously, on July 25, 1776, Lawyer Benjamin Waller proclaimed Thomas Jefferson’s Declaration of Independence from the Courthouse steps. We feel that BitMarket Square embodies and combines the spirit of the original Market Square, and that of the BitCoin movement.

Please come by and check it out, and sign up if you want to sell or are looking to buy. Its free to all users!

**UPDATE**

For anyone interested, we have rewrote/shortened the rules to what we hope is more to your liking....

https://www.bitmarketsquare.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6

Thanks,

The BitMarket Square Team!
www.bitmarketsquare.com
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 09:14:04 PM

1. NO ILLEGAL GOODS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, ETC OF ANY KIND!. If something is illegal in any place on planet Earth in anyway it may not be sold, bought, traded, offered, or advertised on this site. We have thought long and hard about this one, and believe it is in the best interest of the Bitcoin Economy to refrain from Illegal activity.

Your wording here is going to unnecessarily preclude a large number of goods and services, and possibly put a lot of users off (at least me) from using your site. That said, it's your choice, so good luck.
Anonymous

February 25, 2011, 09:15:26 PM

1. NO ILLEGAL GOODS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, ETC OF ANY KIND!. If something is illegal in any place on planet Earth in anyway it may not be sold, bought, traded, offered, or advertised on this site. We have thought long and hard about this one, and believe it is in the best interest of the Bitcoin Economy to refrain from Illegal activity.

Your wording here is going to ban a lot of items, and possibly put off a lot of users (at least me).
Heh, it means no chewing gun. xD
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 09:22:08 PM

Virtually everything is illegal somewhere on planet Earth. I don't see this going very far.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Anonymous

February 25, 2011, 09:23:40 PM

Also, this eliminates all American goods. Haha.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 09:26:14 PM

Indeed not quite a good choice of words...  Roll Eyes

You probably want to mean "illegal at your country or at website's jurisdiction", not "anywhere on the World", because it simply means: «It's forbidden to sell anything here»  Grin

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
BitMarket Square (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 09:32:22 PM

Well, it was meant to be a bit funny to illustrate a point, but maybe it doesn't come across that way. I'll re-word it here in a bit.

Thanks for the feedback...
Cusipzzz

Activity: 334

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 09:36:05 PM

lol, hilarious.
BitMarket Square (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 09:42:42 PM

Ok, I changed it to reflect the servers location, laws of the USA..

Thanks again for the feedback...
theGECK

Activity: 411

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 09:44:03 PM

May I suggest:

Sellers may not list on BitMarket Square any goods or services that would be illegal for them to sell under any laws which apply to them. Buyers are responsible for any laws that apply to the goods or services that they purchase from listings on BitMarket Square. BitMarket Square will not be held liable for any transactions that occur due to the listings on BitMarket Square, and will comply with laws and investigations if and when needed.

That way, you don't end up banning items simply because they are illegal in one place and not the other, and you still state that illegal goods/services are not to be listed. If you personally aren't comfortable with certain items being listed, add that as well, but you'll take flax for it.

Just my .02BTC, I'm no legal expert though.

Use my referral codes for Bitcoin faucets and I'll send you 30% of my referral bonus - Win/Win! PM for details on all sites available or use one of the links here.

FreeBitco.in | FreeDoge.co.in
BitMarket Square (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 09:52:01 PM

May I suggest:

Sellers may not list on BitMarket Square any goods or services that would be illegal for them to sell under any laws which apply to them. Buyers are responsible for any laws that apply to the goods or services that they purchase from listings on BitMarket Square. BitMarket Square will not be held liable for any transactions that occur due to the listings on BitMarket Square, and will comply with laws and investigations if and when needed.

That way, you don't end up banning items simply because they are illegal in one place and not the other, and you still state that illegal goods/services are not to be listed. If you personally aren't comfortable with certain items being listed, add that as well, but you'll take flax for it.

Just my .02BTC, I'm no legal expert though.

Yes, thats good. Thanks for the tip..

We dont have any personal objections to any particular items, just want it all to be legal. Its better for the site, and better for the Bitcoin image in our opinion.
BitMarket Square (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2011, 05:07:07 PM

Bump for edit in OP...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: