Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:26:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What does posting 'Reserved' as a reply imply?  (Read 653 times)
LibertyCrypto (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 08:11:48 PM

Yea, so this thread is a simple question.. because I'm new here and see this alo,t all over the place - but I don't really understand it..  As per the topic of this post, I want to know: What does posting 'Reserved' as a reply imply?  Is it like a 'bump - to keep the topic going? 'er what..?  Thanks.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4668

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 08:21:48 PM

Reserved for future updates...
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4668

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 08:22:23 PM

Yea, so this thread is a simple question.. because I'm new here and see this alo,t all over the place - but I don't really understand it..  As per the topic of this post, I want to know: What does posting 'Reserved' as a reply imply?  Is it like a 'bump - to keep the topic going? 'er what..?  Thanks.

It allows the original creator of the discussion thread to reserve space at the beginning of the discussion to post updates so that they can easily be found rather than having to search through dozens of pages of comments to find the ones that the thread originator feels are important.

Later the thread originator can use the "edit" button on that post to change it's content and provide updates.

As you can see in this discussion, even if the comments here were to reach 100 pages, I could at any time come back and edit the content of my "Reserved for future updates" post allowing me to say something I feel is important and have it seen as the second post of the thread (where people would be far more likely to find it).
abstractednerve

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 08:27:56 PM

what danny said

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

akaCash

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

I learn fast :)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 08:51:26 PM

Lol, I was wondering this too but didn't want to be "that guy", so thank you very much for asking this. Danny that makes total sense, but it left me with another question, why are people besides the coin creator doing? Actually nevermind. As I was typing this I just realized what the answer probably is. I'm not 100% sure and in case someone else is wondering I'll send this through anyway, but I'm assuming it's so they can come back to post their thoughts/review of the coin after having had some time to see how it goes. Thanks again though as I was truly curious about this myself, and couldn't for the life of me figure it out.

Any donations greatly appeciated!
BTC = 12aSS1d7Sy6MQDmxSZ59kK5uhVL8UjuKdR
LTC = LLoxWcXWwnnJ5Mo6xQpFuZcodLyyBxoorf
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:03:28 PM

If you see a "reserved" post by someone who is not the original poster, or involved with the project, it's likely someone wanting to be a smartass later as things unfold, so they can do an "i told you so" .... yah, apparently BTC doesn't buy you a "life" Cheesy

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
LibertyCrypto (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 09:13:46 PM

Lol, I was wondering this too but didn't want to be "that guy", so thank you very much for asking this.
Never be afraid to to be 'THAT GUY'.  unless you're the guy who said..

what danny said
 Kiss

Thanks for clearing that up.
reactive4ce

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:20:08 PM

If you see a "reserved" post by someone who is not the original poster, or involved with the project, it's likely someone wanting to be a smartass later as things unfold, so they can do an "i told you so" .... yah, apparently BTC doesn't buy you a "life" Cheesy

Or if turns to be scam he can warn this way, because when discussion thread has many pages, reading first page + last page seems best way to get whats going on quickly for newcommer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: