Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:51:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To buy or not to buy : My newbie motivations & yours ?  (Read 612 times)
U31463704 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:22:55 PM

Dear Bitcoiners

I am looking at bitcoins since October bubble and I only decided to get in the train on Christmas for reasons i will tell you.
I wish i get involved earlier, i have now few bitcoins. I just invested more than what I can loose and it not makes a lot, but here is the beginning.
Hopping I could get  much more, as you all want too, right ? bulls do not hesitate here in beeing generous  Kiss

Now i do not understand why a bit of my profits went out today afternoon (GMT +1) and like all my teddy fellows Wink i am a little sad.
I expect prices skyrocketing in January, and do not really understand why now they are not !! I do not care about the target or the benefits as I am not a trader but just an ideologist!

I clearly thought that last days it was manipulated by bulls to get more coins...

Here were and are my buying motivations :

+++ Oh Yeah !!
. Singapore : it seems than quite nothing has been written here about this huge player.. It makes me think that HK will get in too. Even if they do not, do you think that Chinese bulls will not be able to cash there bitcoins in singap ??
. Germany (near to kill EU with their early statement)
. Norway : why everybody titled : “Norway says No to bitcoin”, when they just regulate it ? did I missed a point ?
. Cyprus (for the pleasure as it is a beautiful island)
. Banks, money transfer and payment companies fees (now we all do understand why they own the world)

++ Yes !
. US (hope will rise to +++ with next hearing and a good regulation)
. Canada (could or should be +++ if I knew the regulation there…)
. Bitpay, Overstock and the others...

++- Ok
. France : even if central bank seems to be against, you can trade on platforms against showing ID and proof of residence as every platform ask. Just waiting for a regulation..
. Holidays (less cash, time and trading)
. Brazil : 1€ = R$2,5 6 months ago, now 1€ = R$ 3.2  / is bitcoin too volatile ? First platform is opene there with necessity of using an identified brazilian bank account.
. Increasing mining difficulty in few days..

+- Waiting for you baby !  Grin
. HK : think they will get in, singap is there and HK is also a huge financial hub! Only problem is that HK=HSBC (Btw you should go there, it is very very nice!!! You should hold some bitcoins as good things are quite expensive there)
. Swiss : another money and assets paradise. With Germany in, I think they will join us
. Wall street  (who are the most greedy ? they love to make money sitting in front of a desk)
. Hedge funds (who are the most greedy? they love making money easily, they will also love investing and be paid in bitcoin, cheap, rapid, discrete…)
. Hodling ? (I hope wealthy bitcoiners use them and not only to buy sportscar as the system needs to grow right ? It also help to deconcentrate the owner pool / Btw, I would have bought the Ferrari 458, but wow  this orange color is terrific !!! I want mine, I want mine !)
. Only cashing players : seems for me that it is not bitcoin point !
. India (not banned yet, it is just a police investigation, I think they still can get in)
. Amazon : (my first first transaction confirmation came from an Amazon Technologies Inc. i.p.; as I am not a tech, maybe you could enlighten me?)
. paypal ? western union ? here comes their defeat.. But they already did quite a lot of money, right..
. Russia : Someone could enlighten us ? I read quite nothing about it…

-  Why ?
. UK ? Seems they are against right ? (Who are the most greedy? They fought against EU to keep their inflationary pound)
. Apple (as usual an uninnovative innovative firm)
. Baidu (Chinese art of war, we can be surprised)
. China (Chinese art of war we can be surprised)
. Thailand
. Bitcoin concentration ? (I do not care if surge from this new economy powerfull people and companies; isn's it FB, GOOG, PYPL cases ? / more, i really think that the only interest of these revolution leaders is, is, is to lead that revolution and spread their coins  Cheesy)
. Price (clearly expect that it will skyrocket)
. The ugly platforms… “ To get your money it is easy: wait a month !” lol
. Cost of mining, and network maintenance ? As I am not a tech I cannot understand the threads dealing with it.. Maybe someone have a clear response…
. Alt coins : Isn't a joke ? didn’t we already have a winner ?
. Illegal uses from anonymity : Bitcoin did not create nor enforce drug and gun supplies…  Anonymity of bitcoin won’t be easy for individual savings as we begin to all be tracked. It will be easy use coins discretly but I do not think huge amount as Blockchain is public.
Company could also hide transactions ! lol : have you ever heard of HK, Caiman, Monaco, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein……

I read a lot of things and hope that I begin to understand bitcoin. For me the actual prices seem just to be a good reason to buy. I do not really care about Chinese regulation as they will be back later or sooner. I wait more for a US regulation and wall street funds injection (jackpot baby).

I am here to be part of this revolution and see banks and system payments crying.

I just wait for my favorite online shops to accept bitcoin and buy bitcoins to buy products / maybe buy products with bought bitcoins). I am also here to hodl (greek origins). I wanna see that new world !!

Would you help me organize these threats and motivations, & add yours?

If you read that message entirely thank you, and sorry for my poor english.

Your Bitcoinely
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:06:26 AM

If you start saying things like " I just invested more than what I can loose " you WILL fail. I hope this is your "poor" english (I just invested more money which I can afford to loose).
Stop investing if you cannot afford it. If you can then you can take a chance and HODL.

Bitcoin still remains a risky investment and can give you big profits and losses.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
CynosureEPR

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:48:20 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 10:46:00 PM by CynosureEPR

My advice would be to never put in more than you can afford to lose.  At that point, you're really carrying too much emotion and leaving too much logic out of your thought processes--you need a healthy balance.

I'd recommend you watch the market closely and obsessively for a while in attempt to find a sweet spot where you can cash out to regain most, if not all, of your investment.. then, withdraw all the funds you need back to your bank account and leave it there until you actually have funds to play with.

I started off mining but had to sell my machines in order to pay off my schooling/car as I did not get a job directly after receiving my Bachelor's as expected.. luckily those coins I mined increased in value enough to land me a nice, unexpected paycheck to finish off the rest of my bills and have some play money.  I used the play money to fool around in the market a bit and was able to day-trade my way up a good amount.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: