Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:09:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] UBER-CHEAP BRAND-NEW Computer Components 20% Below Retail! (ESCROW)  (Read 3035 times)
TechResaleMonkey (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:47:18 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2013, 04:05:59 PM by TechResaleMonkey

SALES TO DATE: 0 ITEMS/0 PEOPLE

REVIEWS: None yet. Sad

BACKGROUND:

I have always had a very small partnership with Amazon, but I think now that I have gotten into the world of BTC, I may finally be able to take advantage of it!

Basically, the plan is to start selling computer hardware on these forums. Thanks to that partnership, I can have the item shipped straight from the factory to the buyer! For every item I sell, I get a little commission from Amazon. And the best part is that I'll be able to sell these items for a fraction of their usual prices! It's a win-win for everybody!

***NOTE: I know people are gonna be like, "OMG THIS IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE OMG SCAMMER!!!!11111!!!" so here's a breakdown of how this actually works on my end.

(1) I post the items for sale, with a price, on these forums.
(2) People who are interested send BTC to me (through escrow, of course).
(3) I use my own $$$ to buy the item from Amazon and have it shipped directly to the buyer. Since I'm partnered with them, I get great discounts.
(4) You get the item, I get the BTC.

ALL SALES WILL BE DONE VIA ESCROW UNLESS THE BUYER DOESN'T WANT TO. Grin
YOU CAN ALSO BUY FROM MY STORE ON COINGIG, JUST SEND ME A PM WITH THE COMPONENT YOU WANT SO THAT I CAN CREATE A LISTING FOR IT. Smiley
THIS IS, FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES, A DROP-SHIPPING BASED BUSINESS.
CURRENTLY OPERATING ONLY WITHIN THE US.
TRACKING INFO WILL BE SENT TO BUYER UPON PLACEMENT OF ORDER.
EXCHANGE RATE: MT.GOX.

What's in it for you: Great deals on great items.
What's in it for me: Conversion of $$$ to BTC, along with some small profits (I will be selling each item for slightly more than I buy it from Amazon for, which will still be a big discount for the buyer in the end).
The catch: The only catch is that I cannot offer warranties on any items. Keep in mind, I am a drop-shipper, and that makes dealing with warranties a bit more complicated than it's really worth.

FOR SALE NOW:
ANY computer component OR general electronic (Pi kits, Arduino, Beagle Bone stuff, etc.) that retails for under $200! Just send me a PM with an Amazon link to the component you want, and I'll come back to you ASAP with a price. (Typically about 20% below retail!!!)
All items come with free shipping.

UPDATE: I will be fulfilling my first two orders tomorrow! Yay for progress!

Happy shopping!

-TechResaleMonkey

**If you feel uncomfortable with this service or feel that it is in any way fishy, please feel free to PM me so that I can hear out your concerns!  Smiley

IMPORTANT UPDATE/PSA:
It has come to my attention that the primary concern for most potential buyers here is the possibility of me using stolen credit cards to purchase the products for resale.
All I can give you as proof to my legitimacy is my word: I am using my money and my money alone to purchase any and all products for resale to my buyers.
I wish there was some sort of further proof that I could give to help assuage your concerns more effectively, but I can't think of anything else. All I can say is that I have no criminal record, and that I truly don't even know how to gain access to stolen credit card info.
Again, if you are still concerned about the legitimacy of this business or feel uncomfortable buying from me for fear of fraudulent activity, feel free to drop me a PM so that we can discuss things in more detail.
Thank you.
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 09:59:05 PM

I'm not going first.  Could you explain a little about this Amazon partnership?

BACKGROUND:

I have always had a very small partnership with Amazon, but I think now that I have gotten into the world of BTC, I may finally be able to take advantage of it!

Basically, the plan is to start selling computer hardware (specifically SSD's to begin with) on these forums. Thanks to that partnership, I can have the item shipped straight from the factory to the buyer! For every item I sell, I get a little commission from Amazon. And the best part is that I'll be able to sell these items for a fraction of their usual prices! It's a win-win for everybody!

***NOTE: I know people are gonna be like, "OMG THIS IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE OMG SCAMMER!!!!11111!!!" so here's a breakdown of how this actually works on my end.

(3) I use my own $$$ to buy the item from Amazon and have it shipped directly to the buyer. Since I'm partnered with them, I get great discounts.

What's in it for me: Conversion of $$$ to BTC, along with some small profits (I will be selling each item for slightly more than I buy it from Amazon for, which will still be a big discount for the buyer in the end).

FOR SALE TODAY:

5 Samsung 840-Evo Series 120GB SSD's
$75 each
ONE PER CUSTOMER LIMIT
All transactions will be done through escrow (please be patient with me, though. I'm still new to this, and it may take me a while to figure out how escrow works and whatnot).

Happy shopping!

TechResaleMonkey (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:07:11 PM

I'm not going first.  Could you explain a little about this Amazon partnership?

BACKGROUND:

Basically, the plan is to start selling computer hardware (specifically SSD's to begin with) on these forums. Thanks to that partnership, I can have the item shipped straight from the factory to the buyer! For every item I sell, I get a little commission from Amazon. And the best part is that I'll be able to sell these items for a fraction of their usual prices! It's a win-win for everybody!

FOR SALE TODAY:

5 Samsung 840-Evo Series 120GB SSD's
$75 each
ONE PER CUSTOMER LIMIT
All transactions will be done through escrow (please be patient with me, though. I'm still new to this, and it may take me a while to figure out how escrow works and whatnot).

Happy shopping!

Sure! It's actually fairly simple.
I have a cousin (who shall remain anonymous, of course) who actually has a fairly high-up position at Amazon. Me and him used to run a small electronics business on the website before he got the job (that's actually how he got the job in the first place). We had to disband the business afterwards due to the fact that he could no longer remain committed, but he offered me a small, private partnership with the company for low-cost electronics equipment at discounted prices. To put it simply, it's just a big family discount. Tongue

I, however, love BTC (it's just so freaking cool!), and recognized the potential to make profits by buying the discounted products and selling them for a slightly higher (but still very low) price on forums like this one. Put 2 and 2 together, and I logically end up right here. (:

Let me know if you have any more questions!  Grin

EDIT: The commission I mentioned in the original post comes from Amazon whenever I direct-ship the item to a buyer that I find. It's like a business-promotion commission (I promote Amazon, Amazon pays me back for doing so).

realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:35:28 PM

pass, not accusing you of anything but something about this doesnt smell right to me
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:37:41 PM

Seems legit with escrow and all.  Just wanted to express some interest here for your service although I'm not in the market for an SSD at the moment.  

Good luck and I look forward to what other awesome deals you may be able to forward.  From what I see, your offer here is about a 20% discount (I don't do math in public so w/e).

Now... if you could swing some similar deals on some good mining GPU video cards I'd be HIGHLY interested.  Please let me know.

Grendel

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
BigJon901

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 11:47:28 PM

Could be a stolen account/CC. It does sound really fishy.

Computer Engineering Technologist
TechResaleMonkey (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:26:35 AM

Anything that I can do to prove to you guys that this is legit?   Embarrassed
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:37:29 AM

Wasn't there a guy just recently offering Amazon gift cards at a highly reduced rate that he buys from his "cousin".  What's with the Amazon cousin connections lately?

Community > Devs
TechResaleMonkey (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:42:10 AM

Wasn't there a guy just recently offering Amazon gift cards at a highly reduced rate that he buys from his "cousin".  What's with the Amazon cousin connections lately?

Really? I was honestly unaware of this. Like really. However, I assure you, I am in no way related to whoever that person is, nor are our businesses related.

Oh great, now everyone is going to think I'm some kind of scammer.  Undecided

TO EVERYONE:
I AM NOT A SCAMMER.
If there is any way for me to further prove this, do let me know!
Thank you!
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:01:31 AM

Wasn't there a guy just recently offering Amazon gift cards at a highly reduced rate that he buys from his "cousin".  What's with the Amazon cousin connections lately?

Really? I was honestly unaware of this. Like really. However, I assure you, I am in no way related to whoever that person is, nor are our businesses related.

Oh great, now everyone is going to think I'm some kind of scammer.  Undecided

TO EVERYONE:
I AM NOT A SCAMMER.
Thank you!

Not accusing you, mate.  It's just funny is all.

I hope you are legit and your business picks up on here.  Having ties to wholesale priced items is stellar, and people will eat these up if you come through.  Hell, I'll probably buy at some point if you start getting some verified sales on record here.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
TechResaleMonkey (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:23:07 AM

Wasn't there a guy just recently offering Amazon gift cards at a highly reduced rate that he buys from his "cousin".  What's with the Amazon cousin connections lately?

Oh great, now everyone is going to think I'm some kind of scammer.  Undecided

TO EVERYONE:
I AM NOT A SCAMMER.
Thank you!

Not accusing you, mate.  It's just funny is all.

I hope you are legit and your business picks up on here.  Having ties to wholesale priced items is stellar, and people will eat these up if you come through.  Hell, I'll probably buy at some point if you start getting some verified sales on record here.

-Fuse

Thanks for the words of support man, I really appreciate it! Smiley
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 01:45:19 AM

This community is generally skeptical.  Real world companies like BFL haven't helped. 

Would you be willing to work with a moderator or trusted member to verify your identity in real life making it more difficult to "run away with the money?"   Willing to work with escrow? Willing to ship first to trusted members?  All of these things can help to build trust.   

Gamer67

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:56:32 AM

So you are drop shipping.

I assume there will be no warranty as well. 20% off does not sound like a great deal considering that.

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
TechResaleMonkey (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:06:48 AM

So you are drop shipping.

I assume there will be no warranty as well. 20% off does not sound like a great deal considering that.

Indeed, I never personally have my hands on the item. I'm basically just a middle-man that makes the connections and profits, to be rather blunt.

I assure you, 20% off retail is a fantastic deal. Regardless of the lack of warranty, getting a $200 item for $160 is pretty kickass, I think. Smiley
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:21:43 AM

If it's a new in box item and a receipt could be generated, why couldn't there be a valid warranty?  But, now TechResaleMonkey justifies savings as being worth not having a warranty.  I think most sane consumers would disagree.  Buyer assumes a lot of risk here from what I can see.  Not sure if a $15 savings on an SSD is really worth that.  But there are other tradeoffs that may still make this an attractive buying option.  Who knows.  I agree with Fuse, will take some rep development.  Good luck to all.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
TechResaleMonkey (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:40:00 AM

It looks like the general consensus is that trust needs to be built here.

But trust can't be built until someone takes the plunge and becomes the first person to buy from me.

So, who's up for it?  Wink
bmoconno

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:43:57 AM

It looks like the general consensus is that trust needs to be built here.

But trust can't be built until someone takes the plunge and becomes the first person to buy from me.

So, who's up for it?  Wink

What's the deal with not having a warranty?  Explain that a bit better, and I might be willing to be your first customer.

What kind of stuff am I limited to buying?  Is it only computer components (GPUs/PSUs/Mem/HDs/etc) or can you do electronics also (Arduino/Pi/Beagle Bone stuff)?

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:47:05 AM

I don't know, Grendel... I'd take a 20% discount over warranty on something like an SSD or some computer fans or something.  As long as the item works when I get it, when it goes out I'll just get a new one.  The RMA/warranty process is usually more of a pain than what it's worth.  I'd rather just move on and get something else... but that's just my 2 cents.

Monkey, knowing that you're a drop shipper makes things more transparent.  You should just tell people that upfront and let them know what they're trading for 20% off.  I think if you just stated that at the beginning, people wouldn't have been so worried about your intentions.  True, you're a brand new account, and you still need to gain some rep, but knowing you're modus operandi makes me more inclined to do an order with you now.

What kind of stuff am I limited to buying?  Is it only computer components (GPUs/PSUs/Mem/HDs/etc) or can you do electronics also (Arduino/Pi/Beagle Bone stuff)?

I'd be willing to do a deal on some stuff if it's possible... PM incoming.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
TechResaleMonkey (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:00:17 AM

I don't know, Grendel... I'd take a 20% discount over warranty on something like an SSD or some computer fans or something.  As long as the item works when I get it, when it goes out I'll just get a new one.  The RMA/warranty process is usually more of a pain than what it's worth.  I'd rather just move on and get something else... but that's just my 2 cents.

Monkey, knowing that you're a drop shipper makes things more transparent.  You should just tell people that upfront and let them know what they're trading for 20% off.  I think if you just stated that at the beginning, people wouldn't have been so worried about your intentions.  True, you're a brand new account, and you still need to gain some rep, but knowing you're modus operandi makes me more inclined to do an order with you now.

Thanks so much for pointing that out! I've updated the post itself accordingly to promote more transparency. I have also received your PM and will get to it ASAP. Smiley

bmoconno

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:06:28 AM

Any word on that?  Thanks!

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: