Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:16:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase straight up robbed me  (Read 1558 times)
suitedtim

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:59:37 PM

I've never had any issue with coinbase either.
kov

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 08:32:57 PM

I have to mimic what a few other guys have said regarding their credibility. I think it's a trustworthy site, though it does take a good deal of time to process transactions.

I was somewhat fortunate on a recent transaction that was flagged as "high risk" after BTC took a dip (I'm sure whoever was on the other end of that trade wasn't too happy). Money was returned in 3-4 business days. It is strange that your transaction status disappeared after the cancellation. I could see where my money was the whole time.

Tumn1s

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 09:00:46 PM

The only issue I ever had with coinbase was their credit card verification system wouldn't work for awhile. However, it was ultimately my fault because my card had been deactivated without my knowledge.
currencydebt

Activity: 63

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 10:04:36 PM

Be patient, Coinbase works it just takes time. Some people seem to have run into issues using Coinbase if you read around, but for the majority of people the process runs smoothly and is effective at transferring US dollars to Bitcoins and vice-versa.
Dot99lr

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 10:26:01 PM

I'm also a full Level 2 with instant buy capability (with a verified credit card). I also never had a problem with them.
Gatiltafish (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 09:55:12 PM

The money was refunded to my account, and I am now completing step 2 verification. Customer service has been pretty responsive, so I am much less worried about coinbase than before. No word on why the transaction disappeared from my account yet. I guess i'll give them another shot, for anybody thinking about using coinbase for the first time i would make sure you complete step 2 verification by verifying your identity so you don't waste your time having the transaction cancelled and then waiting to have the money refunded. thanks everyone for the input, some of the posts were definitely informative!
meade16

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 10:18:20 PM

I try to avoid dealing with these faceless companies who are basically a law unto themselves. 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: