Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:20:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What factors, can affect mining speed?  (Read 667 times)
embicoin (OP)

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:27:46 PM

Hello, I am trying to analyse my mining times with different alt-coins to look for a some kind of modelling and therefore optimising my strategy for earning bitcoins.

I realised that on some cryptos, like earthcoin, even when a very low difficulty, I get lower hashrate than with ie DOGEcoin, wich have like 16 times higher difficulty and has the same scrypt...

Where are the other factors apart from difficulty, that can affect mining speed, or, to clear number of coins obtained per hour so drastically?

Thanks in advance and kudos for this big, nice community Wink

If you want to support my contributions to the crypto space with some caffeine or a beer in form of satoshis: BTC 17z1x4gr1GsjM7Tgh5qYamDNrAx3LvrpTa Wink Thank you very much!!!
MonkeyDOH

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:38:30 AM

The higher the difficulty rate is, the harder it is to create Bitcoins.
olinnebit

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:09:48 AM

The block reward is different. I don't know if it is 16 times higher with DOGE though.

The higher the difficulty rate is, the harder it is to create Bitcoins.

PrimeDice does not pay you for spam Wink OP made it clear he knew what difficulty means didn't he?

MR1200

Activity: 83

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:39:09 AM

So to understand correctly, you want to obtain the most coins you can per hour.

Hash rate isn't determined by which alt coin you choose to mine. If your hash rate is dramatically different depending on which alt coin you mine you may have some problems with you settings on your miners assuming you arn't jumping between a CPU and GPU coin.

When developers make coins they choose the amount of blocks and the block reward.

However I think you are looking at it the wrong way. DOGE has a total of 100 billion coins to be mined. Where as Earthcoin have a total of 13.5 billion coins and each have a different block reward algorithm.

If your goal is to obtain the most number of coins then DOGE will net you more coins per hour.

I think you should be looking at obtaining the most valuable coin per hour rather than the most amount of coins.

This however is even harder to predict. a good starting point is http://http://www.coinchoose.com/ this site will show you the most profitable coin at the given time.
chopsticks

Activity: 91

*bamf!* you've just been eaten by a gr00.

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 11:46:49 AM

Great thread.  I had similar questions.

Anyone know what the best way to deal with flaky internet connectivity is?

i.e. if my internet goes up and down a few times a day is there a "best practice" that will help?  A certain pool?  A certain client with settings to pre-cache some work to do in case the network goes down for a bit?

Thanks.

This space kept free of spammage, scammage, begging and affiliate linking
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: