Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:22:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: zte-asic miners, 2TH shipping in January?  (Read 3971 times)
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 01:41:15 PM

this company has done 2 simple mistakes which raises HUGE red flags..

1. they called themselves ZTE.  The real ZTE Chinese company wouldn't get involved with ASIC miners, way to small for them.

2. they say they've delivered first batch.  Not one single person or the company itself has demonstrated, posted info or taken photo/video of these so called miners.  Not one single person has tried to post message here on bitcointalk or any other forum.  

If anyone who even remotely believes this company is real, then you're in fairy land.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dbradley

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:26:02 AM

ZTE is for real!!!

hi all, i'm back with some great news regarding them.
i just went in person today at their office and saw in action their Ares and Hades miners which where exposed in their small office. their top Zeus was not available for public yet. they look exactly as in those images. i couldn't do too much with them, i only saw them in a 1 min benchmark. they are kind of noisy but Hades reached 3.16TH in this benchmark!

for those who are not confident to order online, do exactly what i did. go to their office, see them live, see them in a benchmark test, is better if you see what you are buying. you can make the payment in their office, cash or btc. i hardly can't wait to get my hands on my new toys Cheesy

they are 5 mins from Lincoln Memorial, go north to Washington Circle Park, take the 1st exit onto Pennsylvania ave, left onto 20th street and then right onto K street. they are near Farragut North metro station.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:56:18 AM

ZTE is for real!!!

i just went in person today at their office and saw in action their Ares and Hades miners which where exposed in their small office. their top Zeus was not available for public yet. they look exactly as in those images. i couldn't do too much with them, i only saw them in a 1 min benchmark. they are kind of noisy but Hades reached 3.16TH in this benchmark!

for those who are not confident to order online, do exactly what i did. go to their office, see them live, see them in a benchmark test, is better if you see what you are buying. you can make the payment in their office, cash or btc. i hardly can't wait to get my hands on my new toys Cheesy

they are 5 mins from Lincoln Memorial, go north to Washington Circle Park, take the 1st exit onto Pennsylvania ave, left onto 20th street and then right onto K street. they are near Farragut North metro station.

I'm not sure I believe you .... their website says they have shipped a batch already (November?), yet nobody owns one. Can you explain that?
merv77

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:18:52 AM

ZTE is for real!!!

aaahhh, you forgot your phone/camera..?  where's the photo of the miner, people working there, or even their office..?  even bigger RED flag

did you ask them why they haven't posted a real video or a real photo,
or if they can't afford a camera, why hasn't someone who's supposedly bought one hasn't done this...?

how stupid do you think people are  Huh
dbradley

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:45:19 AM

about you i have no doubt you are.
how can you say that if i was there, i saw with my own eyes!
listen, i don't care why they did that or that, is not my business, is their problem, i don't care. i care only to receive what i payed.
i only said i was there today and bought in person that's all, everyone should do the same, GO TO THEIR OFFICE.
merv77

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:49:12 AM

listen, i don't care why they did that or that, is not my business, is their problem, i don't care. i care only to receive what i payed.
i only said i was there today and bought in person that's all, everyone should do the same, GO TO THEIR OFFICE.

well you'll be famous when you'll be the very first person taking video and photos and posting it here

when are expected to get your miner?
dbradley

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:54:18 AM

well you'll be famous when you'll be the very first person taking video and photos and posting it here

when are expected to get your miner?

around 23-24 jan
gamersglory

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

No more Crypto in this world

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:18:19 AM

a picture says more than words Wink

That is a picture of a NAS http://www.synology.com/en-us/products/overview/DS412+
Not a bitcoin miner
mchu168

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 05:18:19 AM

I'm sure if ZTE wanted to make a bitcoin miner, they could blow Cointerra, Hashfast, etc right out of the South China Sea.  ZTE is a serious company that makes Networking gear that competes with the likes of Huawei, Ericsson, Cisco, etc...

The day a company like this actually decides to get into bitcoin mining, I will sell all of my mining gear on eBay because somebody like this could invest billions of dollars and crush all of us like ants....
descarte

Activity: 195

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:13:23 PM

can someone go to their office and post some pic. 2TH in Jan will blow everyone off.

elaramus

Activity: 219

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:56:47 PM

No mention of ZTE-Asic on the corporate ZTE website. The Zues model strikingly resembles that of btcolympus (another recent and questionable offering)
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 07:31:57 PM

That is a picture of a NAS http://www.synology.com/en-us/products/overview/DS412+
Not a bitcoin miner
Link was not working this is one does..
http://www.synology.com/en-us/products/overview/DS414

kmarei

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:13:25 AM

OMG!
So it's a miner AND NAS rolled into one!
Smiley
Quix

Activity: 174

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:54:31 AM

Definitely a scam, but I have to give them props. The web design is better than most. Nothing that wouldn't take me less than a day to put together (stock theme + bad photoshopping + a little text for content) but normally they're garbage that wouldn't fool any but the stupidest people.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 04:26:39 AM

no announcement thread [ANN], looks scammy then.

Zisef

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:35:13 AM

I have some soon to be ocean front property in Arizona for sale. It is about even in value you want to trade?
twib2

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Helperizer

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:53:54 AM

Hmmm, I am actually fairly close by, and I work just across the river on the Virginia side.  Maybe I should drop by and see what I can see.  I'd definitely want to see a benchmark, stats from a recognized pool, and inside the machines for a start.

Cryptsy Exchange        bcmon: Monitor all your miners in one place!            BTC tips: 1GY9wmMmw1E7DPLzQXt4UPuEuHQN29PixD
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 06:32:29 AM

Hmmm, I am actually fairly close by, and I work just across the river on the Virginia side.  Maybe I should drop by and see what I can see.  I'd definitely want to see a benchmark, stats from a recognized pool, and inside the machines for a start.

Don't bother unless you are in possession of this new technology called a camera.
marcosrei

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:33:39 PM

Don't buy in stores that use bitcoin as main payment method, a store usualy uses country currency like us dls or euro, if you are in europe i can recomend the store i bought my 104 gh/s the address is www.sinosigma-europe.com in US i have some friends how bought from http://www.butterflylabs.com they had some delay because they bought pre-order equipments but everything went fine.

reikokuko

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:51:13 PM

the cases are custom made, anybody can order them from synology and use them for what ever.

after a few mails with their support i found out that i can also pay in cash at their office. to me it doesn't seem to be a scam to be honest. suspicious yes, but can't say something for sure. don't know how you people are so sure. tomorrow i'm going to their office and pay in person cause they are just a few miles away.

i'll be back with details.

All you order IS the case.  The DS412+ is just an enclosure, it doesn't come with hard drives ( I own one).  Wouldn't it be easier to just build the case instead of buying this and having to strip out the drive bays and SATA ports, plus the 2+Ghz CPU, proprietary Synology OS and package system USB/eSATA and 2x RJ45 ports are a little overkill for a miner don't you think?  It isn't very cost effective as a case.

I hate you.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: