Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:40:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you really care if your data is exploited??
Yes - 50 (94.3%)
No - 3 (5.7%)
Total Voters: 53

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you really care if your data is exploited??  (Read 1486 times)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:22:32 AM

No. I couldn't care less. And it's too late for me now anyway. There's too much data out there.

The stuff that concerns people like Cambridge Analytica, that targeted ads. I don't see any ads. Those ads targeted peoples' political grudges on Facebook and Twitter. I'm not on any form of social media and I certainly wouldn't let some Russian bot influence my thinking anyway.

My opinions were formed long before I got on the internet. I recognise that almost everything posted on the internet is divisive and worthless.

The non exploitation of data should be the default setting. It's not going to happen, sadly.

LiberateDPigeon

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:01:17 PM

I think the purpose of KYC is reasonable since we wouldn't want money launderers to move their money freely. However it's our responsibility to make sure that the company that has our information has a good track record. I would never give out my personal information to shady ICOs for example... It's a good thing an ICO marketplace project is launching soon since we will only be required to submit KYC once and use encrypted data to join all ICOs it lists.
Opurum

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

Just another random pre satoshi crypto freak

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:45:52 PM

It depends on the kind of data and how much of it I am giving out. For an instance, I don't feel confortable giving out my location information to the point of verifying my residential address. It shouldn't go beyond my country and city of residence.
Andrew S

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:23:46 AM

Our data will be used in any case.  Who thinks is not so much mistaken.
Protonem

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:11:22 PM

I care about my data, don't get to wrong because i've seen some people personal data can be used by criminals to do illegal activities. So that's one of my reason doesn't want to joined or enrolled into such kind of airdrop that required KYC.
hanzosum

Activity: 118

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:30:46 PM

Scary scenario for data exploiting of investor for future of Crypto Market. So many new and existing investor never like to be exploited.  Shocked
asbak66
Copper Member

Activity: 560

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 11:00:47 PM

Honestly im not
Cause i always search the information before i upload my data to something website or Ico
If the project seems not legit i leave and not upload there

deus030518

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:17:26 AM

I recently stumbled upon a project called Algebraix and they brought up some really good points about data exploitation on their blog (https://medium.com/algebraix-data). So it brought me to ask the question: do we really care if our data is exploited?

With huge scandals like Facebook and Cambridge Analytica, this issue is brought into the lime light. I'm really curious if you guys care or not

Yes I care if my data is exploited because it is my hard earn profit. I am also scared if my data is used for scam because I'm not into a scam and I do not do things that make my   my personality effect or result something that will others not believe on you. I don't want also to make my identity a mess because I do not want to make a discouragement to others.
none of us
Copper Member

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:17:25 AM

i do not like how many companies deal with my data. i see my data as part of my privacy. nobody should be allowed to do something with my data, because otherwise it might someday restrict my freedom.
Priaa165

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:18:01 PM

I have understood the risk and I have done everything necessary to minimize unwanted things. But if bad things happen, I can already understand the potential for the risk.
Alpinat

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:27:19 PM

Yes ofcourse especially when you are important person and you are carrying an important information. Me I am always checking the websites or any registration application to ensure that I am safe if I put my information there many of us do that in order to prevent any illegal stealing of information.
tbterryboy

Activity: 1932
Merit: 322

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:00:45 AM

I recently stumbled upon a project called Algebraix and they brought up some really good points about data exploitation on their blog (https://medium.com/algebraix-data). So it brought me to ask the question: do we really care if our data is exploited?

With huge scandals like Facebook and Cambridge Analytica, this issue is brought into the lime light. I'm really curious if you guys care or not
Yes I really do care. I’m not the type of person that likes giving out every information about myself to people it’s really dangerous. Even on Facebook I didn’t use my complete legal name, just my first name and my nickname, and I didn’t put my address, everything is just empty. This is why I like making use of cryptocurrencies cause you don’t have to expose anything about you.
Caogou

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:08:00 AM

If I know that my information is being used, then I will be very angry, but I don't know the people or merchants who use my information! This is the most helpless thing for me!
KimJonnan

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:26:41 AM

This is a very good question. Although I am not willing, there is no way in the era of big data. Everyone in the future is a message.
James_Cline

Activity: 85

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:49:35 AM

Personally, I do not care. But that's at the present moment. I suspect that my opinion will definitely change sooner or later. The major reason I do not care is simple. I do not share much sensitive and profitable data on the internet. Or so I believe. I presume that I really don't have much to lose. But personal data should still never be traded or employed for malicious purposes. I seriously doubt anyone is listening though
WuGong

Activity: 158

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:15:31 AM

This kind of thing has been happening all the time. I used my mobile number to sign up for Yahoo's email address, but it reminds me that I already have too many accounts, I am surprised!
muhsyakir

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:50:07 AM

maybe we have to think positively first, and don't be prejudiced.
maybe it won't be that easy. Our data will be exploited by many people, because every data we have will be stored properly by the holders of the company and keep it well and safely ...
Marcel666

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:08:51 PM

I am very particular about how my personal information is handled.
I only submit my details to credible sites. Who strictly adhere to the privacy terms.
With so many scam projects around, you have to confirm who you are submitting your KYC documents to.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
RockBar0

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:57:51 AM

If any organization or company uses customer information to work purposes for them. Then consider them and boycott them. The personal information of the customer needs to be strictly confidential. It will directly affect the law and many things will follow. So individual users should be careful with these things. It can happen to anyone.
Timmzzy

Activity: 784
Merit: 34

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:54:11 PM

To be honest with this I don't like my personal data to be exposed for any reason because it will really endanger my reputation on the globe.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: