Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:36:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stratum Mining Proxy For Raspberry Pi  (Read 20646 times)
utdrmac

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:47:31 PM

You could just re-clone it into a different directory. I personally find git to be a major pain in the ass and the best solution (like Windows) is just to erase and start over with a fresh copy.

Tips: 1drmacW6UYAfHNjRrxN7SYuN3Q9R9v6K6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sgginc

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:12:46 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 09:22:26 PM by sgginc

Which PuTTY do I download?

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

Fabulous guide...Thanks!!!

Ken

Edit:
I get it now.
PuTTY runs on a Windows/Linux machine.
I thought it ran on the Rpi.
Dohhhhhh...
BrandonMcPherson

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:59:29 AM

Hey all,
So I compiled stratum-mining-proxy on my RaspberryPi just fine. Ran into a couple of issues with bad python but was able to patch it with a couple pull requests.

Problem is, I pointed two ASIC Block Erupter Cubes to the Pi proxy and CPU pegged at 99%. Neither cube was able to get higher than 28GHs. When I run the proxy on my MacBookPro, all three of my cubes reach 32GHs easy.

It doesn't look like the Pi will be able to handle all that computation. Sad Need to start looking for alternative to host the proxy.

Any insight on this from anyone? I found the same thing. It can handle one Cube just fine, but two Cubes got 70% of the hash rate when pointed at my RPi compared to being pointed at my Mac. CPU load appears to be the bottleneck.

With RPis being so popular, there's got to be something I'm simply missing.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:03:10 AM

Hey all,
So I compiled stratum-mining-proxy on my RaspberryPi just fine. Ran into a couple of issues with bad python but was able to patch it with a couple pull requests.

Problem is, I pointed two ASIC Block Erupter Cubes to the Pi proxy and CPU pegged at 99%. Neither cube was able to get higher than 28GHs. When I run the proxy on my MacBookPro, all three of my cubes reach 32GHs easy.

It doesn't look like the Pi will be able to handle all that computation. Sad Need to start looking for alternative to host the proxy.

Any insight on this from anyone? I found the same thing. It can handle one Cube just fine, but two Cubes got 70% of the hash rate when pointed at my RPi compared to being pointed at my Mac. CPU load appears to be the bottleneck.

With RPis being so popular, there's got to be something I'm simply missing.

Same experience here. 6 cubes pointed at a stratum proxy running on old Dell laptop was fine. More than 2 pointed at the Pi and things got weird. Never got around to trying the stratum proxy with bfgminer on the Pi. May be worth a shot. 
BrandonMcPherson

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:30:34 AM

I tried overclocking the RPi to "Medium," which is 900 MHz on the B model. It helped, but load was still at 1.24 and total hashing power was still well off the 38GH/s I get when overclocking the Cubes and running them through my Mac desktop.

I didn't up it to "High," as that was only another 50MHz in speed on the RPi, and it didn't seem worth the risk.

I still feel like I'm missing something, though.
daddyfatsax

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:41:51 AM

Most everything I have read says the RPi does not have the processing power to handle the proxy. I tried it with my cubes and no luck. Only thing that worked for me was slush's proxy. Ran the bfgminer proxy as well, and my best speeds at the pool were using slush's. Not sure of your setup, but I would try and re-purpose an old laptop to run it.
BrandonMcPherson

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:03:00 AM

Good advice, daddyfatsax (that's an awesome handle, too Smiley ).

Thanks.
daddyfatsax

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:17:39 AM

Ha! Thank you.

No problem
bitmanaus

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:59:37 AM

How to setup for Solo?

This doesn't seem to be covered and i was interested in looking at this option too, i have had a bit of a play around and it seems solo mining is theoretically possible with this.

This would seem to work in theory and I have tried it with a windows based pc and it should transfer over to the Pi. I won't go into technical detail because we all know how to use Google Smiley

1. Install and setup bitcoin wallet on raspberry pi (you will need a larger than 16gb sd card due to the size of the blockchain, or use a usb drive and point the bitcoin-qt data directory there) - Plenty of tutorials on how to install it, Just install bitcoin-qt
2. Set Bitcoin-QT into server mode, again Google is your friend. You will need to create a bitcoin.conf file where you will be able to specify a username and password for your local worker (again Google)
3. Follow most of the above guide for installing the stratum-proxy, and then follow the extra example settings at the end and instead of setting the proxy to Slush' Pool set it to 127.0.0.1:8332 or whatever port you set the config file up for in Step 2.
4. Run your stratum proxy
5. Point your miners to your Raspberry Pi IP Address and port for the proxy as you would normally add a pool, use the username and password you created in Step 2.
6. Enjoy

This should mine directly into the wallet you setup on the Pi, as i'm sure people reading this know success of solo mining depends on you actually finding a block, no block = no payment

Good Luck
vnhyp0

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:44:43 AM

How to setup for Solo?

This doesn't seem to be covered and i was interested in looking at this option too, i have had a bit of a play around and it seems solo mining is theoretically possible with this.

This would seem to work in theory and I have tried it with a windows based pc and it should transfer over to the Pi. I won't go into technical detail because we all know how to use Google Smiley

1. Install and setup bitcoin wallet on raspberry pi (you will need a larger than 16gb sd card due to the size of the blockchain, or use a usb drive and point the bitcoin-qt data directory there) - Plenty of tutorials on how to install it, Just install bitcoin-qt
2. Set Bitcoin-QT into server mode, again Google is your friend. You will need to create a bitcoin.conf file where you will be able to specify a username and password for your local worker (again Google)
3. Follow most of the above guide for installing the stratum-proxy, and then follow the extra example settings at the end and instead of setting the proxy to Slush' Pool set it to 127.0.0.1:8332 or whatever port you set the config file up for in Step 2.
4. Run your stratum proxy
5. Point your miners to your Raspberry Pi IP Address and port for the proxy as you would normally add a pool, use the username and password you created in Step 2.
6. Enjoy

This should mine directly into the wallet you setup on the Pi, as i'm sure people reading this know success of solo mining depends on you actually finding a block, no block = no payment

Good Luck

I presume this would work with other coins as well (i.e. Solo mining PPC or TRC, also scrypt with older versions of CGMiner?)

Thanks for the quick guide!

QQ: 2228207157
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: