Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:35:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to setup AWS EC2 F1 mining Xilinx FPGA  (Read 679 times)
Etherion (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:05:59 PM

Google is not bering very good to me so I'm asking.

Is there any resroce or person that has managed to setup a AWS F1 mining altcoin profitably?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Etherion (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:43:23 AM

I assume that if you are making money from mining on a AWS FPGA server then your not going to tell.
cryptodunno

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:20:25 AM

Google is not bering very good to me so I'm asking.

Is there any resroce or person that has managed to setup a AWS F1 mining altcoin profitably?
there were few posts related to AWS in another post related to FPGA mining and one person told that he does mine via AWS FPGA but someone also mentioned that actually amazon does not allow it and bans immediately once you get caught.
Sorry cannot give you the links, as i spent few hrs on reading that thread, so do your own research if you are interested.
IMO there should be a way and it worth it yet, unless not too much people involved

Etherion (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:41:23 PM

I have read many posts but so far it seems that it is just an exercise of learning. Just wondering if it can be profile as it does not look like it can. I can understand that they will ban you if you use it with a free subscription but as a paid customer I can't see them caring.
cryptodunno

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:43:57 AM

I have read many posts but so far it seems that it is just an exercise of learning. Just wondering if it can be profile as it does not look like it can. I can understand that they will ban you if you use it with a free subscription but as a paid customer I can't see them caring.
it would be great if you find a solution and post it here Smiley

m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:53:38 AM

there were few posts related to AWS in another post related to FPGA mining and one person told that he does mine via AWS FPGA but someone also mentioned that actually amazon does not allow it and bans immediately once you get caught.

Exactly this. In the unlikely chance that you even get to use these FPGAs for crypto, AWS has automated monitoring bots that will find out you are mining. They will of course terminate your miner and your entire AWS account. I wouldn't want to go through all the hassle. If you're going to learn how to FPGA anyway just buy and invest in real machines instead.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
cryptodunno

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:01:20 AM

Exactly this. In the unlikely chance that you even get to use these FPGAs for crypto, AWS has automated monitoring bots that will find out you are mining. They will of course terminate your miner and your entire AWS account. I wouldn't want to go through all the hassle. If you're going to learn how to FPGA anyway just buy and invest in real machines instead.
would definately give it a try, but it`s not availabe in my country or the prices offered makes the ROI to high for investing.
I`m waiting for chineese analogs, once the giants will realize the opportunity.

dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:05:12 AM

How about Microsoft Azure though? I don't think they have that anti-mining clause... Have they got FPGA instances available?
greerso

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:54:10 AM

This is false information being circulated.

See this post for some factual information.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3459858.msg37024341#msg37024341
whitefire990
Copper Member

Activity: 166
Merit: 84

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:01:13 AM

For the Amazon FPGA rentals, you are only allowed to pull 85W on the FPGA (nearly nothing), making it very hard to make enough profit to pay for the rental.  It is possible, but you won't make anywhere close as to what you can make with a real piece of hardware.

greerso

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

For the Amazon FPGA rentals, you are only allowed to pull 85W on the FPGA (nearly nothing), making it very hard to make enough profit to pay for the rental.  It is possible, but you won't make anywhere close as to what you can make with a real piece of hardware.

I fully expect it to not even cover the rental, but want to learn from seeing it running and work my way backwards before considering purchasing expensive hardware that I do not have the knowledge to make use of.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: