Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:35:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you choose an ICO?  (Read 95 times)
crypto__katherine (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 11:15:05 PM

I’d like to know what types of questions come to mind when reviewing a potential initial coin offering (ICO) investment.

Grin

To start off, I have provided some of the questions I ask myself, along with some pointers.

1. What is the problem they are trying to solve and what is their plan for solving that problem?

2. Is it a feasible goal that can be measured by short-term, mid-term and/or long-term milestones? Does another project exist with the same/similar goal of the ICO? How do they compare? What blockchain platform are they using? Does the product align well with the vision?

3. Has the project built a product? If they have not, then I advise you move on and ignore the fancy titles of the team. If the project has been built, how many repositories are complete? An empty or non-existent GitHub is often a red flag.

4. Lastly, what does their telegram/discord group look like? You should ask questions about their whitepaper, then, see how immediate and clear the responses are. A busy team that is constantly on social media and/or Telegram suggests that it is not a scam.

I know it’s really tough to come across a rating system that is not influenced by ICO makers, advisors, or bribes. If you would like to access an accurate and precise cryptocurrency ICO ratings website, I recommend Cointelligence’s: https://www.cointelligence.com/content/ico_list/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: