Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:20:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why CAT is so hot?  (Read 1567 times)
st9999 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:18:35 AM

I think that LottoCoin and EarthCoin (or even BillionCoin) are much better. Their names themselves are good enough to attract merchants' attention.

Meanwhile, CAT and Doge coins look like a children' game. It is not serious for business purposes.

I believe that CAT and Doge can be hot for 1-2 months. Then they will be dead. LottoCoin, EarthCoin price will increase gradually because there are more and more people who try to use them in real business cases. BillionCoin is not an exception.

Among first generation altcoins, I see Diamond - DMD, WorldCoin - WDC, DigitalCoin - DGC price are quite stable because their names are designed for business purposes. Doge is not

Do you think so?
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:22:44 AM

You underestimate the power of sheer ignorance and 'lulz' in people who are more than willing to manipulate prices and drive up demand just to piss off people like you, get rich in the process off of all the lemmings who are greedier than smart, and generally do it just for shit and giggles.

st9999 (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:27:53 AM

Ha ha. Thanks for your explanation. I am just confused  Tongue

@Honeypot Do you mine CAT?
hypostatization

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:29:16 AM

Miners need to pay off their hardware investments and (hopefully) profit.

Copy/paste coins that are massively hyped are opportunity, and great for short term speculation.

Alt coin clones are the Pogs of finance.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 07:32:12 AM

First generation?

So like, bitcoin is minus-what generation, followed by the merged mined coins merged with it as minus-what generation, followed by what, Tenebrix, Fairbrix and Litecoin as the zero-eth generation?

Then the non-SHA, non-scrypt coins as, uh, oh wait. Move everything back a generation, these are the zero-eth generation, followed by all the scrypt of the day as first generation?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
SpeedDemon13

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 07:37:04 AM

Don't you know the stupidest people in the world are sometimes the richest people...LOL....People will follow trends and throw out logic to make something work that shouldn't....ie. "The Pet Rock"...LOL

CRYPTSY exchange: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=9017 BURST= BURST-TE3W-CFGH-7343-6VM6R BTC=1CNsqGUR9YJNrhydQZnUPbaDv6h4uaYCHv ETH=0x144bc9fe471d3c71d8e09d58060d78661b1d4f32 SHF=0x13a0a2cb0d55eca975cf2d97015f7d580ce52d85 EXP=0xd71921dca837e415a58ca0d6dd2223cc84e0ea2f SC=6bdf9d12a983fed6723abad91a39be4f95d227f9bdb0490de3b8e5d45357f63d564638b1bd71 CLAMS=xGVTdM9EJpNBCYAjHFVxuZGcqvoL22nP6f SOIL=0x8b5c989bc931c0769a50ecaf9ffe490c67cb5911
Bigeyeone

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:37:47 AM

Why CAT is hot ?

because it has 9 lives  Grin

PMC: 19dNRVPcjsESqo8isdauc1gQ6PbUrAZor9
Neotox
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

Free & Fast Neotox Escrow http://bit.ly/1OGVykp

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 07:38:59 AM

just bcoz of good marketing and promotion
and price manipulation to keep their price higher

Available
PM me to rent this space.
Bigeyeone

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:44:04 AM

And of course CAT = bitcoin scrybt, same block target time, same block reward , lots of old timers seem to like that and infact talked the dev into doing it like that

PMC: 19dNRVPcjsESqo8isdauc1gQ6PbUrAZor9
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:47:38 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZuUN4-LQeM

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
sighle

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:48:36 AM

just bcoz of good marketing and promotion
and price manipulation to keep their price higher

Good marketing? LOL

Did you see the release for this coin? It was a total abortion. People like cats and it was perceived as an answer to doge coin. Miraculously, even after the horrid release and chain fork, the community fixed the software and even started marketing it on their own. Eventually the developer came around and started updating the release announcement thread.

Now, all of that being said, the coin has a foothold and once all the dust settles from the mass coin releases we're seeing, the good ones will rise to the top and the shit ones will die. Personally, CAT and DOGE are seen as jokes but they have too much attention and community support to ignore.

[DOGE]: D6EBXikfCaPqcEJULsR2qzrLWyGBdYEwGv
[LTC]: LbPrmVGKnVhn6G8FFGFdthPyP1tjFucZHu
BTC: 1JpJ4tTM2ZCCLQf1jAnTmQbKMq7LGbrmQG
tabsa

Activity: 69

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:53:22 AM

everyone should try trading cats/dogs on coinedup.com

You will never want to go back to more generic names likes WorldCoin or Earthcoin.

Everyone can distinguish a cat from a dog, but how would i remember the differences between these generic sounding names?

Best community mining pools: 0% fee, stratum, PPLNS, fast dedicated servers, great support
  Dogecoin    http://teamdoge.com      Catcoin    http://teamcatcoin.com   
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/teamdoge        https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/teamcatcoin
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:14:56 AM

I think that Bitcoin and altcoins are designed for business purposes: money, payment. CAT and DOGE are designed for fun. So playful. Such naughty. Very fun. Wow  Smiley

But I still don't understand people. But no problem
Neotox
Legendary

Activity: 1120

Free & Fast Neotox Escrow http://bit.ly/1OGVykp

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 08:18:56 AM

Good marketing? LOL

Did you see the release for this coin? It was a total abortion. People like cats and it was perceived as an answer to doge coin. Miraculously, even after the horrid release and chain fork, the community fixed the software and even started marketing it on their own. Eventually the developer came around and started updating the release announcement thread.

Now, all of that being said, the coin has a foothold and once all the dust settles from the mass coin releases we're seeing, the good ones will rise to the top and the shit ones will die. Personally, CAT and DOGE are seen as jokes but they have too much attention and community support to ignore.
I m talking about both CAT and DOGE
and DOGE team is very good in marketing and promotion, they are spreading the word DOGE

Available
PM me to rent this space.
Mooshi

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 09:00:31 AM

I think that LottoCoin and EarthCoin (or even BillionCoin) are much better. Their names themselves are good enough to attract merchants' attention.

Meanwhile, CAT and Doge coins look like a children' game. It is not serious for business purposes.

I believe that CAT and Doge can be hot for 1-2 months. Then they will be dead. LottoCoin, EarthCoin price will increase gradually because there are more and more people who try to use them in real business cases. BillionCoin is not an exception.

Among first generation altcoins, I see Diamond - DMD, WorldCoin - WDC, DigitalCoin - DGC price are quite stable because their names are designed for business purposes. Doge is not

Do you think so?

Lottocoin sounds like something cheap that belongs at the same place you pick up a slurpee and a hotdog. Earthcoin is basically the Internet Explorer "e" all polished up.

CAT can stand for "Cryptographic Anonymous Transactions" which gives it a bit more seriousness behind its otherwise cutesy name. The internet also loves cats as do many cultures. (especially Egypt and the Japanese) I can sense DOGE dying sometime 2014 because it was silly at first, but the hype is dying down plus it only got lucky because it was meme of the year for /2013/, 2014 is not 2013. CAT did seem a bit meme-y at first, but I'm glad the community decided to shy away from that the more Catcoin gained traction. Flat out being all meme like will fail and this is why I support Catcoin way before I would Kittehcoin.

Doge was never intended for business or to even be taken seriously, but people mined it anyway. The difference is, CAT /can/ be taken seriously if it were marketed a bit more professionally. Lottocoin and Earthcoin? Like I said..I don't want to be reminded of sleazy lotto tickets or the worst browser you can use/something that more belongs on Futurama.

These are just my honest opinions.

PS: The launch was a few days ago now, people really need to stop bitching about it. Makes them seem kinda annoying if I'm honest. Also, another thing special about this coin is that it basically /is/ Bitcoin using scrypt vs sha256 - that has to count for something. It's not a dodgy premine fest with an absurd amount of coins like some of the other alts.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 09:02:10 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2013, 09:16:16 AM by Amph

lol earth coin is a premined shit, same as lotto, at least cat and doge didn't have any premine
HyAfo

Activity: 101

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 10:13:35 AM

lol earth coin is a premined shit, same as lotto, at least cat and doge didn't have any premine
u wrong
+1 for earth coin and digital
  stable to the moon 
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 04:51:07 PM

First: Dog
Then: Cat

What's the next?  Grin

Maybe: Horse, Bird, Mouse

Actually, I really like Doge but not in business sense. I mined Doge and gave them for free.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 04:53:59 PM

People have seen the heights Dogecoin have reached, albeit without any intention, and realise that Cats are basically synonymous with the Internet. Dogecoin got where it did from meme propagation and novelty. Cat based currency will appeal to a far wider internet demographic than Doge.

As ridiculous as it is, this is the Internet, and if you think you'll profit from reconciling Internet with sensibility, then you'll soon be a poor man.

Cat Coin is worth holding on to. I'll be quoting this sentiment with a big "told you so" in a few months.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
serge79

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 04:57:23 PM

Why CAT is so hot?

- Surprisingly fair launch.. (you won't see often a launch like that..)

- Scarcity (we didn't see 10 millions coins created in one day, cause network hashrate went up very fast)

- Constant and slightly growing network hashrate

- Undervalued compared to hyperinflated DOGE

-So many people like cats and as an user proposed it would be nice if a pool would donate a small % of fees to cats rescue/help service.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: