Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:33:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why CAT is so hot?  (Read 1567 times)
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 04:58:33 PM

Why CAT is so hot?

- Surprisingly fair launch.. (you won't see often a launch like that..)

- Scarcity (we didn't see 10 millions coins created in one day, cause network hashrate went up very fast)

- Constant and slightly growing network hashrate

- Undervalued compared to hyperinflated DOGE

-So many people like cats and as an user proposed it would be nice if a pool would donate a small % of fees to cats rescue/help service.

Yeah, that last point is a pretty good idea. All it would take would be a few well-written proposals to some cat charities to pick up on this coin and the profile would go through the roof.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
serge79

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 05:00:46 PM

Why CAT is so hot?

- Scarcity (we didn't see 10 millions coins created in one day, cause network hashrate went up very fast)

-So many people like cats and as an user proposed it would be nice if a pool would donate a small % of fees to cats rescue/help service.

Yeah, that last point is a pretty good idea. All it would take would be a few well-written proposals to some cat charities to pick up on this coin and the profile would go through the roof.

Any catcoin pool admin willing to support the idea? I'll gladly throw some hashrate at your pool.
Nullu

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 05:04:27 PM

Why CAT is so hot?

Any catcoin pool admin willing to support the idea? I'll gladly throw some hashrate at your pool.

Let this be known in the main Cat Coin thread, the pools are fairly active in promoting themselves there.  Smiley

PureApeshit

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 05:06:29 PM

cats are internet and thus this coin is definetly serious deal ma kittehs!
Nullu

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 05:17:05 PM

cats are internet and thus this coin is definetly serious deal ma kittehs!

A lot of coins rely heavily on their name and branding. That's what made Dogecoin so popular. There's a lot of very nice-sounding but generic-sounding coins right now. Cat Coin is pretty memorable.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 05:21:56 PM

The real reason why CAT is so hot is because it's pure Bitcoin, except with Scrypt instead of SHA256. kr105 didn't change anything else about it. Think of it as the pure vanilla Android experience among a sea of clones that try to modify certain aspects but end up making things worse.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
carlb007

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 05:30:03 PM

Im not sure how your concluding that CAT is 'hot'? To me it looks like it tried to ride the back of Doge - but the problem is it has next to no following outside of these forums. And even on these forums the main thread was 100 pages on utter nonsense before anyone even mined a damn coin! People think Doge is dying because this board isnt littered with as many threads - but look around and thats not the case. I dunno maybe CAT will be successful, i just really cannot see it without the same level of backing that doge is receiving.

I mined 1.5mil Lottocoin on the first day and really cant see it doing much personally. The name does not bode well for a currency does it, but then again lucky coin has some following so who knows.
I want to like earthcoin, and it seems to be fairly popular - but i cannot see any reason to like it or invest in it compared to worldcoin that its trying to immitate?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: