Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:25:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is VirWox the fastest way to aquire bitcoins?  (Read 1733 times)
matriculator (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:37:30 AM

I've mostly been disappointed by Coinbase. I basically spent 3 weeks on trying to buy my first bitcoins- which I did buy through them. Yesterday I make a VirWox(which is blocked by my anti-virus for some reason) account, use my paypal to buy SL, then converted the SL to Bitcoins. Right then and there, in less than 10 minutes I had bitcoins. It took about 30 more hours to transfer it out of my account though, because of the manual confirmation needed for new users. For first time buyers or in the long term, what is the fastest way to buy bitcoins?
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
QuantumQrack

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:19:27 AM

What was the premium you ended up paying in percent?
gabbello

Activity: 116
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 09:26:12 AM

Yes it is, and it's advantages are underestimated. Read http://gamblingbitcoins.blogspot.com/2013/11/how-to-get-better-and-safer-btcusd.html for some interesting math on the fees.

testbug

Activity: 883
Merit: 556

cryptohamstr.com - Pool OP

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 10:19:23 AM

They are pretty expensive.

Just as a tip: Dont create a Second Life account and buy SLL there. I thought "wow its much cheaper that way" and bought 5000 Lindens for 20$. Sadly, Second Life changed their terms of use and so i cant transfer my Lindes to virwox.
Fucked this site up, and i am done with it.

On the other hand, i mailed the support twice, and got a answer withint 6 hours, thats ok i think.
matriculator (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:50:21 PM

What was the premium you ended up paying in percent?

I'm not really sure, although I think that it's a little steep.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 05:58:09 PM

Virwox ... is fast compare to other "big" exchange platform.

but ... it cost a "very high cost" to do this :

- you have money on bank account
- you can use credit card ... but blocked at 120 euros per day (600 per month, yep !)
- you can use paypal and other "money ticket" ... same restriction

then ... when you have choose

- Eur in SLL
- SSL to BTC

But ... in all this process, you have LOOSE to 8-16% of the initial money.  Grin
That why virwox is always here.

---

At the maximum security control, virwox can old money or BTC for during 3 days (to verify paypal/credit card or identity).
randomly control, then, have been applied (like every 2 weeks).
testbug

Activity: 883
Merit: 556

cryptohamstr.com - Pool OP

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:00:21 PM

Its about 10-15%, also depending on the Linden/BTC.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: