Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:17:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Solidcoin's Coin Maximum to be Reached within 6 mo. to 2 yr.  (Read 2843 times)
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 10:02:17 AM

I've cashed out buddies. Not bad for 12 hours of mining. 30 BTC..........BAM!

EDIT: I mean 32 BTC.

Thanks for selling so low. Much appreciated. Smiley

Here is why Solidcoin will mature much faster than 2022:

Example:

Say the unprofitable difficulty is at 16,000.

So in 12 hours the network could reach 4,000 difficulty.

With 50 GH/s it would take about 15 days to get difficulty back to 16,000 while generating approximately 14.5 * 240 blocks * 32 coins = 107,520 coins in the process.

To go through the entire cycle and go back to 4,000 difficulty it could take about 15.5 days.

Current coin total is ~ 599,456 coins and difficulty is 3060. So obviously with my example I am underestimating the coin output by using 16,000 as a barrier for unprofitability.

So 18,900,000 - 599,456 = 18,300,544 coins left to be mined.

At a rate of 107,520 coins every 15.5 days being mined it will take (18,300,544 / 107,520) * 15.5 days = 2638 days or 7.22 years.

Now given that there is likely more hashing power than 50 GH/s to be put on the network let's look at the current peak hash rate of Solidcoins since inception of say approximately 250 GH/s.

That would make maturity of solidcoins at 7.22 / 5 = 1.44 years.

Now given that the difficulty will likely not stay high at 16,000 for very long I suspect the 1.44 years in maturity will probably be more like 6 months if the price of solidcoins takes off.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fletch

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

I'll have a steak sandwich and a... steak sandwich

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 10:04:58 AM

And you felt this needed a new topic because?

HashPeak - GPU mining hashrate peak detector
BTC: 1FLETCHvcUKosefrcZCLUQTtvx4WvgnYMC
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 10:06:20 AM

And you felt this needed a new topic because?

Because I can... Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

CoinHunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 10:21:40 AM

Example:

See that's where you're wrong! Smiley

A difficulty 16000 down to 4000 would mean a drop off at least 400% in hashing power. This means the 12 hours would blow out to 48 hours and 3 minute blocks now become 12 minute blocks (at least).

Now you see why SolidCoin is so stable ? And thanks again for selling so low.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 10:32:16 AM

Example:

See that's where you're wrong! Smiley

A difficulty 16000 down to 4000 would mean a drop off at least 400% in hashing power. This means the 12 hours would blow out to 48 hours and 3 minute blocks now become 12 minute blocks (at least).

Now you see why SolidCoin is so stable ? And thanks again for selling so low.

Still not seeing your math dude. It takes 12 hours to bring the difficulty down by max 400%. But it can take a few weeks depending on the hashing power to get the difficulty back up. Now getting the difficulty back up is where the blocks get generated thus increasing the supply immensely.

Didn't you also say there are 2 daily difficulty adjustments? Then how would 12 hours blow out to 48 hours?

It is either 240 blocks or 12 hours for readjustment, not 48 hours. Or did I read your website wrong? LOL

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CoinHunter

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 10:37:41 AM

It is either 240 blocks or 12 hours for readjustment, not 48 hours. Or did I read your website wrong? LOL

It's ok, I can help you with the math. 240 blocks is only 12 hours when running at 3 minute blocks.

If hashing power is balanced at say 1 million diff and blocks are at 3 minutes and all of a sudden hashing power drops to 250K then to readjust it's going to take 4 times longer. ie 48 hours. Hope that helps. Good luck with your future trades.

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 10:42:37 AM

It's ok, I can help you with the math. 240 blocks is only 12 hours when running at 3 minute blocks.

If hashing power is balanced at say 1 million diff and blocks are at 3 minutes and all of a sudden hashing power drops to 250K then to readjust it's going to take 4 times longer. ie 48 hours. Hope that helps. Good luck with your future trades.

Ahh I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Although I still see that difficulty adjustments may take longer than you expect.

Ixcoins has bout 213 blocks to readjustment and their hourly rate of block generation is 0.333 blks/hr.

So they will have a 26.6 day readjustment period on 213 blocks.

240 blocks at those low rates may turn out to be longer depending on how profitable it is to mine them. Judging from the past with other block chains, solidcoins will likely have long difficulty adjustments even with 240 blocks per period.

Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CoinHunter

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 10:46:40 AM

240 blocks at those low rates may turn out to be longer depending on how profitable it is to mine them. Judging from the past with other block chains, solidcoins will likely have long difficulty adjustments even with 240 blocks per period.

Grin

All we can do is wait and see my friend. Currently SolidCoin has the world record for block generation over a 48 hour period. Going by my calculations and from what I have learned studying the networks it's going to take someone with a few million dollars and a personal grudge to slow SolidCoin down. People were saying after 24 hours it was dead, after 48 hours it was dead, and they will keep saying it until it has been proven. I wouldn't expect otherwise.

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 10:49:08 AM

Grin

All we can do is wait and see my friend. Currently SolidCoin has the world record for block generation over a 48 hour period. Going by my calculations and from what I have learned studying the networks it's going to take someone with a few million dollars and a personal grudge to slow SolidCoin down. People were saying after 24 hours it was dead, after 48 hours it was dead, and they will keep saying it until it has been proven. I wouldn't expect otherwise.

OR...

Market price tanks and then hashing power flees for the next month or two or three.

So far so good, yes. But given that miners will likely only stay while it is profitable, you will continually need inflow of BTC to the exchanges to pump the price high enough for miners to want to mine solidcoins.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CoinHunter

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 11:13:24 AM

Grin

OR...

Market price tanks and then hashing power flees for the next month or two or three.

So far so good, yes. But given that miners will likely only stay while it is profitable, you will continually need inflow of BTC to the exchanges to pump the price high enough for miners to want to mine solidcoins.

It wasn't profitable today and people were still mining. 250GH. Just because it's not profitable today doesn't mean those coins mined today won't be profitable in a day, week, two weeks or a months time. It's only people like yourself that mined early, sold very low and thought it was some pump-n-dump scam from the start that are suffering.

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 12:20:46 PM

Grin

OR...

It wasn't profitable today and people were still mining. 250GH. Just because it's not profitable today doesn't mean those coins mined today won't be profitable in a day, week, two weeks or a months time. It's only people like yourself that mined early, sold very low and thought it was some pump-n-dump scam from the start that are suffering.

You seriously need to proofread your posts prior to posting them. "Suffering"? Please, if I am suffering making 32 btc in 12 hours please put me out of my misery by sending all of your BTC to my address below.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 12:28:19 PM

Grin

OR...

Keyword: were

Now its more like 100 GH/s...see the pattern?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2011, 12:46:53 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2011, 01:17:12 PM by caston

Yeah I just logged in and checked the prices and its doing very well. Sure solidcoin is not bitcoin but it's not ix/i0 coin either and some of its changes e.g. the difficulty adjustment are quite revolutionary. A lot of people have been quite critical of you Coinhunter but I just would like to express my gratitude on by far the most successful fork yet perhaps only rivaled by namecoin. I see solidcoin succeeding where others have tried and failed. I am glad I didn't sell when the other miners dumped their coins but this was good because it gave the others that missed out a chance to buy in at an early time. I could have sold and bought back cheaper but from what I have learned with bitcoin its "time in the market not how you time the market". I'm sure there will be another dump after the big miners grab their bitcoins but I might come in and grab some more solidcoins myself.

I did have some initial problems getting the Linux client going, and that may explain some the fairly small number of early adopters compared to the last two forks, but I soon had it compiled from source and up and mining  with a little help from this forum and your FAQ.

Overall very well done and congratulations on successful launch and I look forward to greater prosperity in the future.

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
CoinHunter

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 01:03:00 PM

It's closer to 180GH actually. And it's growing again due to recent price rises.  I can understand why you're so bitter because you thought SolidCoin was like the other 2 (even though the available evidence easily contradicted this) and you cashed out early. But that's life man. Perhaps you can still make a buck or two buying back in, it's got a long way to go.

CoinHunter

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 01:12:22 PM

Yeah I just logged in and checked the prices and its doing very well. Sure solidcoin is not bitcoin

No it's not bitcoin, it's technically better. The people who say it is nothing but a few "constants" changed are ignorant of the changes and what they mean.

SolidCoin will get even better with the coming changes, because unlike most people involved with Bitcoin development, I've developed commercial sites which use Bitcoin and know all of it's failings.

A lot of people have been quite critical of you Coinhunter but I just would like to express my gratitude on by far the most successful fork yet perhaps only rivaled by namecoin. I see solidcoin succeeding where others have tried and failed. I am glad I didn't sell when the other miners dumped their coins but this was good because it gave the others that missed out a chance to buy in at an early time. I could have sold and bought back cheaper but from what I have learned with bitcoin its "time in the market not how you time the market". I'm sure there will be another dump after the big miners grab their bitcoins but I might come in and grab some more solidcoins myself.

Thanks for the compliment. Smiley

caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2011, 01:27:53 PM

No it's not bitcoin, it's technically better.

Well lets not go and nuts but I am very impressed and thank you for the opportunity solidcoin has given me.

Thanks for the compliment. Smiley

You're welcome.

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 08:39:01 PM

It's closer to 180GH actually. And it's growing again due to recent price rises.  I can understand why you're so bitter because you thought SolidCoin was like the other 2 (even though the available evidence easily contradicted this) and you cashed out early. But that's life man. Perhaps you can still make a buck or two buying back in, it's got a long way to go.

Bitter? How did you come to that conclusion?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 10:15:26 PM

And thanks again for selling so low.

LOL great thread. Smoothie didn't get it the first time you said this and to be honest, neither did I. But even after saying it a second time HE still doesn't get it - old Mr 'pump 'n dump' still thinks he made the right decision selling off early. But no surprise really...he's not the brightest card in the deck round here  Grin

LOL great thread. Time to break out the popcorn...

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 10:25:25 PM

And thanks again for selling so low.

LOL great thread. Smoothie didn't get it the first time you said this and to be honest, neither did I. But even after saying it a second time HE still doesn't get it - old Mr 'pump 'n dump' still thinks he made the right decision selling off early. But no surprise really...he's not the brightest card in the deck round here  Grin

LOL great thread. Time to break out the popcorn...

LOL this is coming from the guy who is invested heavily in ixcoins?

How's that investment coming along now?

Cool

Oh and BTW i've made more BTC in one night of miningsolidcoins than you have in total ixcoins I bet. LOL

Oh wait...nevermind you and Thomas are one in the same so 580k ixcoins is like 50 BTC.

LAWL  Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CoinHunter

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 12:02:42 AM

You seriously need to proofread your posts prior to posting them. "Suffering"? Please, if I am suffering making 32 btc in 12 hours please put me out of my misery by sending all of your BTC to my address below.

Yes you are suffering because you could have had nearly 150 BTC at current rates instead of 32 BTC, and if you sold at the current peak, nearly 300 BTC. That's a lot of coin right there you have given up to someone else, it's just funny you were so proud about it the other day and now you're bitter about it posting negative threads/posts and whatnot.

It's a good feeling though that you have helped someone else attain more wealth isn't it? You should be feeling good about it like I am.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: