Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:34:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinedup: ok |||| Ecrypto shit  (Read 3163 times)
testbug (OP)

Activity: 883
Merit: 556

cryptohamstr.com - Pool OP

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 10:16:40 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 06:01:33 AM by testbug

Hey guys,

so just a fiew days ago, two new coin exchange pages opened their doors.

coinedup.com

and

ecrypto.net

So is anyone trading succesfull at Ecrypto?

I mean, everytime i tryed to login nothing happened. After 1 day i finally could login, but whats that: "Please check your email for confirmation link".
So well, ok. I entered my Email account and checked mails. I saw a confirmation Email (wasnt there 1 day ago, was a new email) and clicked on it. Erypto.net was just loading, ultra slow like since the start. Then they are talking about creating trust.
So guys, if you want to create some trust:
Ad a fucking support button (but well i know, why there is not such a button).
Dont change anything on the theme or ANYTHIN!!!!! Just make the server running more smooth. If you see your 16GB virtuell server stuff isnt enough, then rather buy a real server or host ur own server if u dont have shity internet. Your are going to earn MONEY with the coins of other guys, so dont fuck this up.

Coinedup.com on the other hand, is running. But then? They implement a "galaxy background" for trading? WTF??? Hundreds of users rushing in their page, page is slowing down and sometimes it was offline. I mean WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS ?? Shouldnt it be the best way, in creating more stability of the page instead of pushing stupid galaxy theme into it, just makeing it hard to read?Huh?

Guys, be VERY VERY carefull with these pages.

I highly recommend:
-use fakemail and tor (i normally dont use those, but for these page i did for testing as long as we can be sure its safe. i am feeling much more safe this  way!)
-not use ur "real" wallet adress for deposite stuff (i deposited 500.000 Fedoracoins as a test on Ecrypto)--> coins didnt show up after 8hours. Well the said that they would fix wallet stuff, but this should have been fixed days before page launch.

So basically, i think Ecrypto is a mega scam page, and will disappear after some weaks with all our coins, or MAYBE they can get the server running smoothly, without 10s laggs or anything.

I am not 100% about coinedup, but i also have a bad feeling about them.

Better wait for Cryptsy and friends for takeing these new coins.

So what do you think about?
Hope that was helpfull for the one or the other.
If anyone needs help setting up Tor-Browser or a fake email account, just post here or sent me a PM, ill give u assistence.

Regards.

*UPDATE January 14, 2014, 06:46 AM*

Now its finally looking, like ecrypto.net finally dissapeared. The website isn't reachable anymore, no more info text is given.

*UPDATE January 02, 2014, 09:46 PM*

For all of you, who are still into Ecrypto and Coinedup here is a small Update.
The Owner of the page "ecrypto.net" just released this:
Explanation for loss of service and plans for recovery and repayment.

From the day Ecrypto started operating it was under attack. Many attempts to penetrate the servers occured and attempts to hack my personal accounts were constant. Unfortunatly on the morning of December 28 the attacker was successful in gaining entry to the wallet servers. Things were operating normally when I noticed the wallet balance had gone to -11 BTC. A few minutes later the wallet servers stopped responding completly, and access to them through the command line became impossible. Digital Ocean began to investigate the problem and after some time sent this response.

Greetings,

I appreciate your patience. After loading your droplet's into a recovery environment, it appears that someone has compromised both of your droplet's, and stolen your bitcoin from the `W2` droplet. This is confirmed from the `.bash_history` file, which the attack did not effectively remove. In an attempt to cover their tracks, they attempted to wipe out your droplets filesystem with `rm -rf /`, but mistakenly left the `/root` folder, which left some of the data for the blocks you had found.

On the `W1` droplet, it is not apparent if there were any *coin's transferred, as the .bash_history folder over there was effectively wiped out prior to the `rm -rf /` on that droplet.

For your reference, both droplets remain in the recovery environment right now, and have the drives mounted. I've taken a few screenshots of the console and pulled of the transfer of your 11 bitcoin on blockchain.info to confirm the theft:
http://screencast.com/t/Ba7Mvgh6md0
http://screencast.com/t/1eKtogngnw
https://blockchain.info/address/19Xn6GPjMoj8FMLMWg77Wq7PNiFSUsZxSV

Given the nature of bitcoin, this theft is effectively irreversible. Unfortunately, even if the data of your droplet's did remain intact, the theft would remain irreversible.

I would certainly be quite suspicious of this compromise, as if these bitcoin were just transferred last night, it would seem someone associated with you, or the other party, is well aware of your two mining droplets, or may have had access to the droplet's prior.

Unfortunately, there is truly nothing more that we are able to do for you at this point.

Regards,
Russell Mitchell | Support Team

There is noone with access to the account information hare so clearly this was a pure hack. I made great efforts to make the servers impossible to hack, however the hacker simply walked right in and stole everything. The coins they did not steal, they deleted. Since the attack I have just been sick to my stomach. Ecrypto has taken 6 months of 16 hour days to build, and anyone suggesting this was a theft by me is a complete fool. The total stolen was only 11 BTC which is not a huge amount. If the hacker had waited, they would have been able to steal a significant amount more, but it is obviously just an impatient child. I am currently reworking the entire setup, making significant changes that will make it impossible to penetrate. The wallet servers will have NO communications with the website server at all, and gaining access to them should be impossible. The weak point will be the weak passwords that Digital Ocean automatically generates for servers, but since the wallet server will have no connection with the website, even finding the server will be nearly impossible. I will also change the location of the wallet server at least once a week, and transfer the majority of BTC and LTC in the wallets into cold storage for additional security.

So the next question is, when will you get the coins you lost back? We have backup images of the wallet balances at the time of the attack. When the site comes back up, 100% of fees collected by the site will go to pay back lost coins. Not only will you receive the coins you lost, you will receive a 50% bonus. So for every 2 coins you had at the time of the attack - you will receive 3 coins as repayment.

Unfortunatly this is the best I can do for now. I personally suffered a large loss as well which makes it impossible to repay the lost coins faster than the plan.

When will the service resume operations? I am thinking a month or so. I need to make the servers bulletproof, and that will take time. If you feel the need to rant or call me names you can email ecryptox@gmail.com. Reasonable emails will be responded to ASAP.

I still think this is a scam, and he just has stolen the coins for himself.
Setting up a "404 page" for a server isnt to hard, same to a changed link/index.php.
He just could have posted this on 30. dec saying servers are under attack.

Coinedup on the other side seems ok.
Checked it myself now, and it was working smooth and without any problems yet.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrbubl3s

Activity: 293
Merit: 261

Professional Ameteur

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 09:30:58 PM

I deposited ~3 LTC to ecrypto, took like 5 hours for it to show up, and now the site appears to be offline.. Coinedup seems to be fine, and relatively fast, faster deposits/withdrawls/trading than cryptsy anyways.
testbug (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:04:52 AM

Ecrypto is Still offline, messageoing this when trying to visit:

"Index of /

[ICO]   Name   Last modified   Size   Description
Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at ecrypto.net Port 80"

Maybe they are comming back, with a working page, or the are gone with all our coins :/
damnation

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 05:38:16 PM

I've used coinedup awhile now.. mostly as it trades with new alt coins.. volume is small.. and site is slow.. I actually traded there before they did half their upgrades.. so i know how slow it could get..

But there are no exchange fees at least none at the moment so its a good place to pick up cheap coins in relative bulk.. could have been happier if i got charts to show on my firefox browser but its some wierd issue with the Chart being HTTPS .. oh well...

Trades are actually pretty smooth there once you actually manage get to execute your buy or sell order.. and in some ways a little better than cryptsy..

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Noble:9ZQo8HaeCjporC7T4PFgVcqzXc5KLyGrnV
LOT: LzUoeyakB8DRoHgqMgHSWMzipW5Nr63zkg
BTC: 1EiY4FqGbbfL6VUhiVLe8Z5R7BVVyyLTmw
LTC: LaGJ2utSYG4bhQ882mJ8QkS1bq45p25vcD
pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 05:43:19 PM

I've used coinedup a bit, and apparently before any updates as well. It's slow, but I've never been out coins. I've had quite a few move through there, pushing close to $1k values at one time after many smaller trades.

It's slower than crap, but what do you want for nothing? I don't send coins to any exchange I can't stand to loose, and I always give new ones a lot less of my volume before really using it.

Never used Ecrypto myself...

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
enviouk

Activity: 79

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 05:51:14 PM

Been trading BIL DOGE LOT CAT and EAC on Coinedup recently and have been able to transfer to their exchange within 20 minutes every transaction this past week, I'm able to post orders (and have them respond) within 5-10 seconds, and refreshing for the most part has been instantaneous and rarely does it freeze for me lately (~1-2 times every 4 hours for 30 seconds or so). Withdrawal and trade fees are great or non existent and have not lost any coins / was able to withdrawal without issues. Interface could use a lot of work.

Have not traded on ecrypto yet, still skeptical and they lack volume. Just my 2c.
testbug (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:27:06 AM

So you guys most likely checked out coinedup and not ecrypto?

I think Ecrypto is gone for ever. They posted a "Cow" pic on their webpage.
If they would take it serious i bet they would post sth like "we are sry, we are working hard to resolve that problem".

I am thinking about to buy some TIPS on coinedup while they are very cheap. Do you think its safe to give it a try?
thegolden24

Activity: 98

follow me on twitter @BitcoinBender

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:40:31 AM

I've been using Coinedup for the past week and at first it was very slow but they made many upgrades which made it alot faster and were very public of their downtimes on their twitter. Haven't checked out Encrypto yet though..

Bitrated user: ChrisCarreon.
Walking Glitch

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Amateur Professional

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:00:56 AM

coinedup has been fine for me. I've had $1200 worth of coins in there at several points. It has gone down a few times for less than 20 minutes, and it has been ridiculously slow sometimes, but it has otherwise been perfectly reliable. Altcoin version of BTC-E maybe?
testbug (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:48:14 PM

I updated first topic with status on ecrypto.net

Ill post everything i see on their page here as sth like "collection".

coinedup seems ok for me too. Traded some coins there without problems yet.
testbug (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:43:15 AM

I updated first topic with status on ecrypto.net

Ill post everything i see on their page here as sth like "collection".

coinedup seems ok for me too. Traded some coins there without problems yet.

Seems like ecrypto.net is finally totally gone, and so are our coins i think -.-'

coinedup.com still seems to be running without any bigger problems.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: