Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:35:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: too many alternative coins  (Read 2222 times)
Mischu1989 (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:30:45 PM

Hey, i would like to know what´s your opinion on all the alternative currencies, do they really have a future? I really can´t look at this alt coins seriously... Hamstercoins, Catcoins...

Is there any possibility that a coin like catcoin or dogecoin is able to withstand?
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:33:10 PM

There seem to be far too many ridiculous coins in existence that hopefully will not be around for too long.

I think there are some good alts - just not many!

Cheesy
Mischu1989 (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:37:53 PM

Yeah but the point is, that these new coins are really profitable at the begining, but imo you should trade or sell them fast, because i can´t imagine, that these coins are going to increase their value in several weeks...
VelocityCoin

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:40:47 PM

It all works out in the end. natural selection.
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:41:51 PM

I think new altcoin is a very good chance to get rich  Smiley
Mischu1989 (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:53:18 PM

Yeah, i was mining Doge since the first day, and it was very profitable, but now the diff is rising, die trades become more worse and I am looking for an good alternative.
shaze1664

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:08:00 PM

Hi,

Many altcoins rise up and it is difficult to predict which one will be the next bitcoin. I started to mine doge coin but I don't think it will be the one. Too many coins will be available and I think it will be difficult to have a good valuation. For the moment, I like catcoins which is a scrypt bitcoin clone and may be it will be a good coin. And also, I am a cat fan Wink

My 2 cents
Shaze
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:26:48 PM

It all works out in the end. natural selection.

Yup. I see it as testing the right combinations of block reward and speed, user interest and developer commitment, the survivors will be strong contenders for being a top 10, useful, coin for the long term...

.. otherwise it's kind of as unsporting as going to the Olympics and saying, "What are those dudes from Leichenstein and Switzerland doing even being allowed to enter the 10,000M race when there's 3 Kenyans who're obviously going to win, the race is pointless."

If you wanna know who's best, the race has to be run.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
namesaresa3names3

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 06:57:57 AM

Get rich i don't know, but make some money that's for sure.
miawilkinson

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:34:29 AM

There seem to be far too many ridiculous coins in existence that hopefully will not be around for too long.

I think there are some good alts - just not many!

Cheesy

Most new coins probably are not going to be around for long time, ride the wave, you should be good.

Which alt coin u think is good?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:56:02 AM

Hey, i would like to know what´s your opinion on all the alternative currencies, do they really have a future? I really can´t look at this alt coins seriously... Hamstercoins, Catcoins...

Is there any possibility that a coin like catcoin or dogecoin is able to withstand?

Highly unlikely.

99.999% of these alt-coins will eventally die off due to lack of support from any substantial community.
tarzen

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:57:06 AM

It seems Bitcoin and Litecoin are here to stay. Ripple's XRP may not survive if the Ripple scam comes out. From my research and activity in the cryptocurrency field, I think some other coins that add code or practical benefits (e.g. Nextcoin, Peercoin) may stick around.

But as for the memecoins... man, Ponzi schemes always fall flat eventually and it's just a matter of time until the stories come out of all those late-coming sheeple left holding the bag passed down from the opportunistic early adopters...

One memecoin seems to have the lucky streak of Luck and that is Dogecoin!
peaseniz

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:17:43 AM

I think there are an awful lot of them but, for me at least I like to get in on some of them that look decent and at least make some Bitcoin off of them if they happen to go somewhere awesome I always keep some just in case. It is much easier for me to mine some new coin then it would ever be for me to mine a BTC  Grin
CaptainBeck

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:59:57 AM

I think there are far too many crap/clone alt coins out there in the world at the moment.

But luckly for most crap things, alot of them will die a quick death when people realise they are crap.

I dont get at the moment all these coins starting with 5-10% premined, with millions of them given away in free hand outs, I know it gets people to download wallets but it always devalues what little amount the coin was worth anyway.

At the moment, i'd only mine and sell most alt coins  i wouldnt buy into any of them, not worth risking the fiat on it.
harry_88

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:28:05 AM

ys they have a future coz if not why everybody is mad about making, mining, and trading them ....... hail cryptocurrency hail alternate coins......
Jherek

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:30:59 AM

It all depends on the community and support, especially for meme-coins. Dogecoin has a rush on attractivity actually and it should become interesting how that coin develops in january when holidays are over, but many think there is much potential - which other alt-coin has an own anon/blackmarket on Tor announced? I am not sure about catcoins or kittehcoins however. Of kitteh I mined a half million in the last two days just to see how it comes once coinedup or coin-e will set it into portfolio...
over1977v

Activity: 116

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:36:12 AM

This make me think who pays it ? Those naive thinking the altcoins can stay longterm, or just those unlucky traders who dont sell before the dump happens ?
cerleo

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:17:51 AM

Yes,maybe most of this coins will diminish at a time.This seems the most likely outcome.
CaptainBeck

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:18:45 AM

This make me think who pays it ? Those naive thinking the altcoins can stay longterm, or just those unlucky traders who dont sell before the dump happens ?

Not unlucky traders, just greedy traders who see a rising price point and jumps on before the dump, people who didnt do their homework on what they are buying. I guess alot of the new coins will come and go without much noise, some with alot of community support and nice new features will stay. At the moment, there are to many people making clonecoins that will die fast.
DodoB

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:21:02 AM

i agree there are too many.... they are ruining the normal bitcoin price without them the price wouldnt go down so much...
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: