Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:41:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I predict that btc will rise to $2000 by end of March 2014  (Read 7828 times)
jamesc760 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:06:59 PM

Since my last prediction went so well Smiley, I am going to make another "most accurate" prediction ever:

BTC will rise to $2000 by end of March 2014.

This is NOT based on extrapolation, psychic power, statistical analysis, technical analysis or any other analysis or thought processes. Please do NOT take this prediction to base ANY financial, legal or other activities you may want to engage in your life or other's around you. In fact, I must stress that this prediction will probably, most likely, and in its entirety, miss the mark completely. Whatever you do after reading this prediction is ENTIRELY up to you. I bear no RESPONSIBILITY for any losses you may inflict upon yourself. This is a PURELY speculative prediction, not based on science or art or anything. I just made it up, out of the thin air. Just like bitcoins.
GIANNAT
Legendary

Activity: 1038
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin entrepreneur and Pro Trader

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 03:15:22 PM

If only people could stop going around with this "I-predict-that-btc-will-be-choo-choo" shit.. if you have nothing interesting to say, don't say it  Tongue

jamesc760 (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:21:30 PM

Thank you for your most interesting post, giannat! Happy new year to you, good sir!
Bono

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:21:41 PM

If only people could stop going around with this "I-predict-that-btc-will-be-choo-choo" shit.. if you have nothing interesting to say, don't say it  Tongue

Agreed. Isn't this the type of low-value post that needs to be deleted?
arepo

this statement is false

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:22:02 PM

This is NOT based on extrapolation, psychic power, statistical analysis, technical analysis or any other analysis or thought processes.

Great! so why did you feel the need to tell anyone at all?

hint: "speculative" doesn't mean "wild-ass guess"

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
jamesc760 (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:27:24 PM

Wow, censorship and negativity abound here today!!!

Do all specualtion have to be based on some tehcnical mumbo jumbo that explains nothing and predicts nothing?

Lighten up, folks!

Let's be positive, be merry and have fun. This is the end of 2013, let's await the arrival of 2014 with positive attitude and mental acuity. Let's get rid of this negative poisonous toxin you carry in you. Let IT go!!! Let us surround btc with positive energy and hope and pray that btc will rocket up!!!
Grix

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 03:46:37 PM

Well shit, I'm tempted to sell all my coins now, as my instinct tells me that the future will be exactly the opposite of what you say, based on your last prediction.

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware
jamesc760 (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:56:16 PM

Well shit, I'm tempted to sell all my coins now, as my instinct tells me that the future will be exactly the opposite of what you say, based on your last prediction.

ROTFL!!!

Well done, sir! Very well played! I love it!
jamesc760 (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:01:25 PM

That's the spirit, grix! At least some people saw a value in my "prediction."

My grandma often said (or was it Forest Gump???) that if life gives you lemon, make lemonade. I gave you a lemon and some people can only cry "shut that lemon guy up" or "if you only have lemons, don't even come here" or worse. Thank you, grix, you know how to make lemonade.
jamesc760 (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:17:27 PM

I was wrong before but I believe I'm right this time. Let me explain:

Btc's fundamentals are strong (I have to throw in technical mumbo jumbo here, you know),
Rise in value in anticipation of overstock.com's adoption of bitcoins staring in July'2014,
Twinklevosses ETF will be approved, sooner than expected,
Wallstreet's flood gates will be opened soon afterwards or even before (insider info, you know),
China Syndrome has been effectlvely factored in already,
March'2014 marks the 6months time since the dramatic increase in hashrate and difficulty, which, some believe, causes dramatic effect on btc price (This is a tough one, there's a school of thought that says it has no, zero, nada, effect; and another school that says otherwise)

Whew, I just pulled some stuff out of my head/ass whatever. Hopefully, this will whet your appetite for more and better speculators than me. I am just a nobody, please don't mind me at all!
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4493

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:29:22 PM

If he had called for less than $500 instead of over $2000, would you be complaining about this "I-predict-that-btc-will-tank" shit?

Or is it only acceptable to post predictions in the speculation thread based on astrology, technical analysis, dreams, hunches, etc., if it matches your own projections?

That said, there was probably no reason to start a new thread.

_____

There seems to be a hostile mood around here today. Post-holiday depression or return to normal after a period of forced politeness and cooperation during Christmas?
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 04:36:17 PM

2000$ is lower prediction, by the way as i know BTC will raise 1500+ by early Jan and 2000 will be in early Feb.
Good Luck

Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:37:18 PM

Let's all pull a number out of our arses  Tongue

My random crap generator says $1412

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
ziadeko

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 11:45:58 PM

I agree a prediction in itself may not merit a thread.

that Said.

For any given prediction the discussion concerning if/not it will occur and rational to support one position is priceless

i.e after such time After the prediction  passes one can statistically analysis the prediction and comment allowing more accurate future predictive analysis

this is a wealth of information

so question goes, where is the most appropriate place to support such discussion for the dime-dozen prediction.

not for me to say
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:01:42 AM

My prediction.... (PS-I'm correct 99% of the time):

BTC will continue sideways for the rest of Jan and most of Feb and March... It will hit a ATH of around $1600 by min-end April. It will fall back again shortly after selloffs from people who got in and held from November 2013 and trail around 900-1000 until June. Around July/August some exciting things will happen (facebook twin's ETF, Amazon, Netflix, and/or Wallstreet) that will shoot the price up to $4500. It'll fall to $3000ish after more selloffs from hodlers like me and move sideways for a while. Near Sept-Nov 2014 we'll have some other event that will push the price up around $5000 as the new ATH and by the end of 2014 we may go down to the $3000 level but that will be the new $700.

Feel free to take this as your financial advice. Always buy high and sell low, and invest more than you can afford to lose, it's much more fun that way.

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:48:21 AM

I will be selling my block eruptor to the Smithsonian for $1m in 2020.

sir faps

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:20:08 AM

2000$ is lower prediction, by the way as i know BTC will raise 1500+ by early Jan and 2000 will be in early Feb.
Good Luck

You were right on! $1500 is here and we are well on our way to 2k by Feb!
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:41:01 AM

ok doc, long timeframe, easy prediction ... but what about next week ?

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
adsdas

Activity: 337

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:43:46 AM

$3k by april, $6k by august, $10k by december. See you there Smiley

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE