Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:37:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New to Bitcoin. Should I mine or buy coin with my $6000  (Read 986 times)
astrong

Activity: 160
Merit: 3

Aku belum mandi Taktuntuang Taktuntuang

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:59:18 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to cryptocurrencies and would like to know your opinion on what best to do with my $6000.

I was initially planning on purchasing a GPU mining rig with gtx 1070s but then upon further research found that 1070s can only do 600-700 sol/s

Then I found the asicminer equihash which can do 40,000 sol/s and costs $14,800 which will be released on July along with new nvidia generation cards.

I know its a bit late now to start but I am really thinking hard on this but I need opinions from veteran guys.

tl:dr;

1. Should I buy bitcoin with my $6000 or
2. Use it to buy a 1070 GPU mining rig or
3. Wait until July for new nvidia graphics card to come out (or the asicminer equihash).

Thanks so much for all your feedback.

*Edit: Would like to inform everyone that electricity costs would not be a problem as I have a way to manage it. Considering that electricity cost is not an issue, is mining going to be profitable for me right away?
If I became you, I will use the funds for buy mining rig, and then use the result from mining to trading. Beside that, I will looking for another job such as bounty hunter to increase my profit. But with this case, I do that because I have a lot of passion in he world of cryptocurrency. How about you? what's your passion in this?

◯●●●●●       OmniBazaar.com       ●●●●●◯
Shop without middlemen. Pay without bankers
ZahaRip

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:22:01 AM

such small mines for 6000, do not produce anything, buy a cue ball and forget until better times, if there is a desire to get into the crypt, and so to study and study, so that the questions become answers.
BTC_BTC

Activity: 158

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:17:25 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to cryptocurrencies and would like to know your opinion on what best to do with my $6000.

I was initially planning on purchasing a GPU mining rig with gtx 1070s but then upon further research found that 1070s can only do 600-700 sol/s

Then I found the asicminer equihash which can do 40,000 sol/s and costs $14,800 which will be released on July along with new nvidia generation cards.

I know its a bit late now to start but I am really thinking hard on this but I need opinions from veteran guys.

3. Wait until July for new nvidia graphics card to come out (or the asicminer equihash).

*Edit: Would like to inform everyone that electricity costs would not be a problem as I have a way to manage it. Considering that electricity cost is not an issue, is mining going to be profitable for me right away?
if you can advise me, I would advise you to buy bitcoin with $ 6000 instead of buying a bitcoin miner.
and if I were you I would do that. but all options are in your hands...
ParveZ219

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:17:02 AM

Hi Everyone,

First of all you must about all the requirements..Yes you can invest to buy a miner...But have you noticed the cost of electricity in your area ..What will you do if the profit you are making is less than the bucks needed to give the electricity bill...If you are having enough solar power then you can use that instead of direct electricity...And now comig to trading...Yes in trading you must be careful...You have to keep watch on all the price chart and get an assume of the price change...You will gain experience when you will trade...even there are many apps which will notify you when there will be any price change in cryptocurrency which will help you a lot.
Chaelbrin

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:20:12 AM

On the off chance that I had so much cash, I figure I would do the two things. You can spend half of the sum for mining and the rest can be spent on purchasing coins for the long haul hold. There are a great deal of articles with the tips on what to put resources into and how to do this the correct way
earnestoshodi

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 08:24:09 AM

Buying bitcoin directly from the market is a better option for now, mining difficulty has gone up significantly and as such profitability. Also mining for a new comer can be a lot tasking.
judel_2018

Activity: 87

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:30:51 AM

If I had so much money, I think I would do both things. You can spend half of the amount for mining and the rest can be spent on buying coins for the long-term hold. There are a  lot of articles with the tips on what to invest in and how to do this the right way

If we have not too much money it's better to to buy coin right now because the price of the market is affordable. We want to hold that coin for long term and wait a right time to sale that coin so that we can have earn more profit that we can used it for another investment.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 12:38:48 PM

On the off chance that I had so much cash, I figure I would do the two things. You can spend half of the sum for mining and the rest can be spent on purchasing coins for the long haul hold. There are a great deal of articles with the tips on what to put resources into and how to do this the correct way
Lets analyze your advice here, the total budget he got is six thousand dollars and if he spent half the amount to purchase an ASIC machine and he will get one Antminer S9 or Dragonmint 16T at that price and how much time will it take to recover that much amount, he needs to mine for more than three years to get the amount of coins mining with the price and according to the current price and these calculations happens only if you are lucky as the difficulty keeps on increasing and it is not worth to mine with a single machine, the best bet is to purchase the coins.
Underlord

Activity: 145

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 12:48:08 PM

I think it's a good time to buy bitcoin because it's getting cheaper, by buying bitcoin now you'll make a profit in July and can sell it so you can buy the most recent rig, that's a good strategy.
javascript1539

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:19:18 AM

Now if you look to buy not keeping your coins in an exchange make an electronic wallet, write down your seeds and never share this battery with anyone. Buying and selling involves a fee that keeps in mind. But let me remind you that not only power can be a problem in exploiting cryptocurrenies, maintaining your hardware and the price of the coin you are exploiting can also be a profitable factor.
rapsa2018

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:55:39 AM

I think it's best to use a mining rig so that the lifetime of the money can be spent because you put your money in cryptocurrency or bitcoin because you earn more per month.
sitnibtc

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:36:32 AM

You should just probably buy bitcoin. Mining is much more complicated plus the cost of electricity can get a big chunk off you possible profit.
thirdkiller

Activity: 301
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:06:10 AM

I think that you need at least part of your money to invest in bitcoin. Now is an advantageous time for investments, when bitcoin fell a little. It will be your investment, thanks to which in the future you will be able to buy everything you want.
Ghondronk

Activity: 356
Merit: 14

https://exiptoken.io/

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:33:39 AM

Hi Everyone,

It is a matter of your analytical skills, ability to predict the market trends and movements and also the power of the apparatus or the mining equipment you got. If you are capable of forecasting the market's behavior by analyzing the current trends and also if you are a risk taker then investing on bitcoins or any other token would be the best option. On the other hand, if you own or as mentioned here, can afford the cost of a high end equipment, then mining would be a better option but since there are a large number of miners currently do mining in this area, the profitability would be a concern.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
francedeni

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:55:48 AM

I think that you need at least part of your money to invest in bitcoin. Now is an advantageous time for investments, when bitcoin fell a little. It will be your investment, thanks to which in the future you will be able to buy everything you want.
Yes this drops of price is best to buy rather than mining. Mining is complicated for me as to many things to consider. Investing in bitcoin is best since price is not that high and I believe we can see a good movement with btc price.
chulos

Activity: 268
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:01:26 PM

You have a hard decision, when choosing NVIDIA cards for mining, you always have the option to sell your cards to potential gamers. In this case, ASICminer Equihash 40K is ROI for about 200 days. It's a big investment of $ 14,800. Who knows how to develop the difficulty and also the cost of mining coins. My advice is to invest in bitcoin, its price in the future may increase, while hardware on mining is the opposite - over time, hardware loses value. The decision is up to you, my opinion is to buy bitcoin or invest in altcoins.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
GizmoCoinTEAM

Activity: 188

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:39:01 PM

I suggest you buy bitcoin instead of mining. Mining is very complicated, many Miners are leaving mining nowadays. Mining can harm your area's environment too. But if you buy bitcoin and keep them hold or do a daily trade then you can make a good profit than mining. I am not an expert but I think this may be good for you.
seif.sabry
Copper Member

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:26:28 AM

i was going to give u advice to buy gtx 1080 ti but the new card is going to be released very soon so if i were u i will probably wait for it and spend on couple of cards and start mining this is what am waiting for ...
kl8847

Activity: 263

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:42:26 PM

You can pay attention in terms of profit and look for profits that can get great results, and you should wait for July to buy a rig, and before buying a rig better you buy bitcoin first so you can benefit from the purchase of bitcoin.
If you really know how bitcoin works you can get profit in the future. You still must have some knowledge to start investing in it. Hodl for the long term for daily rates used preev, trade cautiously and only with trusted people.
matutana10

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:29:06 AM

Buy the BTC rather than just mining them as buying will help in the longer run.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: