Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:46:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain Phones  (Read 759 times)
Glory90

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:07:13 PM

According to a report on Coindelite, Taiwan based Smartphone Company HTC is Working on a Blockchain Phone. What is your take on this? Is it worth spending so much on a smartphone? Will it be a success?
they are quite innovative, I cann't be sure whether it's worth it or not because I didn't find the product specifications and product prices
so it depends on product specifications offered and price offered, maybe HTC product sales will be successful especially among the cryptocurrency community

▰▰▰   Ex-Bounty Hunter   ▰▰▰

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:10:39 PM

The first sentence sums it up pretty neatly - HTC is about to unveil a flagship phone that nobody will want to buy

It doesn't run Android. How many phone users know what the hell a Dapp is? And beyond that who's going to use them out and about several times a day?

Cool idea as a prototype or ultra limited run for developers. As a commercial proposition it's 10-15 years or more too early.
Shadon24

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:01:44 AM

Blockchain technology is used in many fields, such as information technology and blockchain is also used to produce smart phones very well if you have that technology in lifeevery  day
salintheonline

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:22:46 AM

very good idea.this will help peoples in many ways.everyone use smartphone these days,this is good chance to people to get use of blockchain technology.   
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:27:12 AM

Next time, try to include a link on your post if the title is intriguing enough to warrant it: http://bgr.com/2018/05/16/htc-exodus-bitcoin-phone-blockchain/

HTC Exodus, based on the article, wouldn't be running on native Android. As far as the report goes, this phone would have iphone 6 parts and would mainly focus on the utilization of dapps on the fly whenever the user wants to use it. Idk how would they accomplish such a feat but HTC is known for many firsts in mobile phones. This phone featuring the blockchain tech, I think, would be useful for people and companies who needs to have high security on their machines without losing portability and other features you can find on a mobile phone. I'd definitely love to get my hands on it though I don't think it would sell out that much. I guess we need to wait for more details regarding Exodus and see whether it really is a worth-it blockchain phone or not.

So you wanna tell us that they are going o have new features like no need to port your data for security as you can grab it from the blockchain anytime and I will have to use the only limited apps based on dApps. Oh come on that is like going back in 80's and waiting for your beloved application to get coded and launched for your OS. Why no one is thinking about this that way? Though blockchain is advanced to next level but such smart phone coming to the market is like newbie just starting to cry! Its gonna take lot of time to get popularised for these new ones.
TahuDiniHari

Activity: 324
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:42:06 AM

an innovation definitely requires a lot of money, but if it happens between a smartphone from Taiwan with blockchain, I think it does not matter. which is a problem if released to the market, but people are not interested in having it.
Saritelli

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:50:58 AM

I think that such technology will be introduced everywhere in the future. So far this will evolve, but in 10 years we will not see other phones, I really like that the development of technology is on.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:22:11 AM

I never liked things that are specific for a certain use. like this one "blockchain phones" or things such as these hardware wallets which are obviously holding bitcoin in them! they are good and useful obviously, and they are very convenient equipments to have but my problem is that I find them too obvious. for example if I want to hold bitcoin I prefer doing it on a piece of paper that even if you look at it you won't be able to tell it is a bitcoin wallet holding a lot of funds!!! but if you look at a Trezor for instance you will know it holds a large amount of bitcoin in it! I consider that as an additional risk.

Only Bitcoin
budi691

Activity: 1204
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:41:29 AM

HTC is quite good, in the eyes of gadget users, HTC brand is not bad. I think joining and working with blockchain is a good choice for the future of smartphones. and that would be the value of a smartphone compared with other leading brands.
KrishaBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:52:20 AM

According to a report on Coindelite, Taiwan based Smartphone Company HTC is Working on a Blockchain Phone. What is your take on this? Is it worth spending so much on a smartphone? Will it be a success?

I just wonder how they will use blockchain on the phone? Are they will just make the blockchain processing be more faster if the people will use the phone for crypto transactions or they will just use the blockchain to eliminate cyber threat as phone security feature as blockchain was proven very strong against any threat like DDoS attack? If both then this is good development in favor of Crypto.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                        
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
teterinal

Activity: 83

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:02:43 PM

this will depend on the price when it is released and the usability. i hope this will not be just a gimmick for the companies to attract crypto-loyal customers and focus on how it could be utilized for the blockchain.
maikala

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:42:40 AM

There is something very handy here with you, the blockchain phone "or something like this hardware wallet is obviously keeping bitcoin in them! They are good and useful clear, and they are very convenient device. Good to have but my problem is that I find them too obvious
nikonova

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:30:15 AM

this is good news for the cyrpto world. doing crypto transactions will be easier. accessibility to the cryptocommunity will increase
htsz_da12

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:41:07 AM

I don't think blockchain cell phones have much significance. Although the blockchain technology is very special, not all the technologies are applicable to the blockchain technology.
towi078

Activity: 470
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:43:07 AM

Honestly, I do not understand. How to implement blockchain technology on a smartphone, but if it works. This may be good, for the development of blockchain in the future
TranTrongit

Activity: 339

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 09:48:34 AM

This is great news.  Blockchain is gradually becoming more popular than ever. It is applicable in all areas.  But I still do not understand how they will apply the blockchain on the phone.  Let's see the innovation of the smartphone industry with blockchain
silviyako

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:29:19 PM

it till be worthy if the price is right and how its usability will be. we just have to wait until it will be released
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:56:28 PM

I want to see a world where the end consumers can truly own their data (browsing history, identity, assets, wallets, emails, messaging, etc) without the need for central authorities. There is a lot of work ahead of us, but I believe the mobile hardware layer can contribute significantly to our new decentralized world.

Decentralised data is an important factor and I would like to buy one of this phone.

However, I wonder whether the governments will approve the sales of decentralised phone for general consumers.
marginal

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:49:13 PM

Oh, this is so amazing. I feel like in future right now, because I know that more and more of global worldwide companies would go for blockchain and accept cryptocurrencies as well
arlington

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:53:03 PM

as far as I have heard so many presidents use crypto phones which can`t be listened by 3rd parties and if htc could be able to make a phone like this with blockchain that it would be a great thing.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: