Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:40:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PSA] MemoryCoin 2.0 Dev abandons coin  (Read 8385 times)
tbkmcjl

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:54:35 PM

I sent .00000001 to the address  MVTEceo3RoiqBhfqjVovtyMAVUJLoHiGTg  (CEO)    days ago.

my address is MFsEpEcBu1U5SQ24vigzL6YWqCSJUwaVE8

Newmine (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:34:59 PM

I sent .00000001 to the address  MVTEceo3RoiqBhfqjVovtyMAVUJLoHiGTg  (CEO)    days ago.

my address is MFsEpEcBu1U5SQ24vigzL6YWqCSJUwaVE8

Thank you for your support. Unfortuantely we are not close to winning the CEO position yet. Vote for the other addresses too! We are very close to getting the CNO back. We held it for 2 elections (40blocks).
phrozenspite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 09:19:40 PM

lol looks like you have your first major backlash. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2047.0
some idiot is calling for blacklisting you and all of your supporters.  Real great way to support the voting aspect of a coin

MegaFarmer

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:37:27 PM

lol looks like you have your first major backlash. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2047.0
some idiot is calling for blacklisting you and all of your supporters.  Real great way to support the voting aspect of a coin

Looks like this idiot MaxPWR has created 2 accounts for getting elected: CEO and CHA.
So if people vote for him they either kick FreeTrade from his highly profitable CEO throne or let MaxPWR steal from charity.
So who would you rather support: NewMine of MaxPWR?
IsaacGoldbourne

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Looking to start various enterprises

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:09:49 PM

Dude, the vote is weighted to how much MMC you have in your wallet.  Someones vote who has 10,000 MMC's in their wallet will have 10x the voting power as someone with 1000( not necessarily the ratio used, just an example).  Since these guys have been holding office for a couple weeks and gaining upwards of 500mmc per day, it's sufficient to say some of them have over 8k in MMC when your average miner in a pool might be lucky to have a couple hundred.

This is not decentralized. There is a possibility for these guys to gain so much control that it would take a massive coordinated campaign to remove them from office.

If each address/wallet with at least 1 MMC got one equal vote and the number of MMC beyond 1 had no weight, along with maybe a 2 coin payout per 20 blocks I would be okay with it. But 53 coins every 20 blocks is just a faucet for a selected few while diluting miners worth at the same time.

Here is wiki's definition of decentralization: Decentralization (or decentralisation) is the process of redistributing or dispersing functions, powers, people or things away from a central location or authority.

Redistributing is what I want to do.

Send a Satoshi to this address MVTEceo3RoiqBhfqjVovtyMAVUJLoHiGTg
Or
Vote for these spoil addresses if you don't trust or want me to redistribute the coins, please!

MVTEceo1111111111111111111111TvNrt
MVTEcha11111111111111111111116GDGs
MVTEcmo1111111111111111111115e9dK3
MVTEcto1111111111111111111119owJby
MVTEcno222222222222222222222B1FB3W
MVTEcso555555555555555555555G6uEbs

53 coins going to each officer every 20 blocks is absurd.

I don't think you understand how it works, if it was on a per vote basis I could set up a script which separates my 6000 coins to 6000 addresses and vote myself in very easily

Vote for me for CEO/CNO of MemoryCoin!
CEO: MVTEceoa86dYRsxc2rWCexBMjJmaawMkHZ
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm
duuuuude

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:20:53 PM

EVeryone of you should feel stupid, all you would have to do is look at Memory Coin 1 and you would see the only thing FREETRADE wanted was free cash, a soon as the vote system didnt work for him, he crashed the original coin and had it taken of exchanges.  What makes you think this will be any differant, as soon as he is voted out, he will cash out(mm2 already made hime rich) then just crash a new coin.

if you dont believe me just read the original memory coin thread, its all there.  your best plan is to cash out and invest your energies into something real, and before you ask, no i dont have any pts/mm2 .

j
Newmine (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:54:28 AM

EVeryone of you should feel stupid, all you would have to do is look at Memory Coin 1 and you would see the only thing FREETRADE wanted was free cash, a soon as the vote system didnt work for him, he crashed the original coin and had it taken of exchanges.  What makes you think this will be any differant, as soon as he is voted out, he will cash out(mm2 already made hime rich) then just crash a new coin.

if you dont believe me just read the original memory coin thread, its all there.  your best plan is to cash out and invest your energies into something real, and before you ask, no i dont have any pts/mm2 .

j

I wish I would have seen this earlier.
Armchair Miner

Activity: 296

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 02:36:43 AM

Ok I spent 5 minutes and found this on page 38 of the original MMC thread, is that what you had in mind? Quoting:

"""
B.T.Coin

Activity: 208

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)
Ignore

Re: [ANN] MemoryCoin | R.I.P.
September 14, 2013, 03:17:46 PM
Quote from: eule on September 14, 2013, 10:22:12 AM
Can I get a TL;DR of this thread? I only followed Memcoin a bit in the beginning and reading the last two pages now makes it look like this:
Hey look, cool coin where YOU can vote who wins the jackpot! Vote for me and I'll continue developing. What, you want to win the jackot yourself instead of giving it to me for my hard work? F*** OFF, now I'll make your coins worthless! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorched_earth

Indeed this is what it looks like.
FreeTrade always told us that he wanted the grant to go to something with a large community backing. Well, as it turns out, the Revolution Pool has a very large community backing but FreeTrade will not accept that as he does not get his share.
FreeTrade has pushed his plan for this single large vote without even listening to all the proposals that were made by the community. Nobody backed this plan but he thought it would be the answer to get 'private' votes banned.
As things turned out, it would be better to have kept the 5-grant system.

I understand that FreeTrade would appreciate some support for his coding efforts, but you can't extort the community to get your way.
It has been shown that the community will use the grant system to reward themselves. No matter how you change it, this will always be the way people think and act.

I think the best solution would be if FreeTrade would kindly ask SlyWax (Revolution Pool owner) if he can have 20% of the grant and the other 80% is distributed among the revolution pool voters. I think there is a real chance this could happen.
If not, someone else could take up the idea to start a pool with a fixed contribution to FreeTrade or people could change their voting preferences back to the MCF instead of the Revolution Pool.
Either way, whatever will happen is what the community wants to happen as was intended all along (according to what FreeTrade communicated up to now).

Power to the People.
Report to moderator 
A fine is a tax you pay for something you did wrong.
A tax is a fine you pay for something you did right.
"""

j

itsik78

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:49:23 PM

This is a pretty dumb plan. What do you think will happen to the price of the coin if you fire all the devs and officers just to get a little bit of extra coin? Greedy and dumb plan.
I already wrote, about 2 weeks ago, why I think the voting system is flawed and it's just as democratic as the elections in Iran...
Newmine I just voted for all positions with a 7,500 MMC wallet.
MQdsjzu6KMgqzMAZ7xhmiRbyzTukGcrDPN

I will keep this vote as long as you keep your word. I don't see any of the officers budge a nail for this coin so they definitely don't deserve more than 20% the current pay.

Good luck
MegaFarmer

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:12:25 PM

Quote from: eule on September 14, 2013, 10:22:12 AM
Can I get a TL;DR of this thread? I only followed Memcoin a bit in the beginning and reading the last two pages now makes it look like this:
Hey look, cool coin where YOU can vote who wins the jackpot! Vote for me and I'll continue developing. What, you want to win the jackot yourself instead of giving it to me for my hard work? F*** OFF, now I'll make your coins worthless! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorched_earth

Damn, this FreeTrade is even worse than I suspected.
So much for my faith in this coin Sad
Newmine (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:38:01 PM

This is a pretty dumb plan. What do you think will happen to the price of the coin if you fire all the devs and officers just to get a little bit of extra coin? Greedy and dumb plan.
I already wrote, about 2 weeks ago, why I think the voting system is flawed and it's just as democratic as the elections in Iran...

I will keep this vote as long as you keep your word. I don't see any of the officers budge a nail for this coin so they definitely don't deserve more than 20% the current pay.

Good luck

I paid FaSaN to keep to my word.
itsik78

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:28:30 PM

Good luck

Yep, I know.
Please check this query and let me know if you understand what's going on there:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2047.msg24095#msg24095
phrozenspite

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 08:06:53 PM

Good luck

Yep, I know.
Please check this query and let me know if you understand what's going on there:

well whatever the case, they're amounting to about 45k in votes
and according to the site
MCF is funded through the MemoryCoin grant award system. Its funds are currently administered by the coin’s founder and chief developer, FreeTrade. To avoid a conflict of interest, MCF does not provide grants or payments to its administrator.

I think FreeTrade has some explaining to do, especially since they're voting for him and most of the position holders

Newmine (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:20:15 PM

Good luck

Yep, I know.

I think FreeTrade has some explaining to do, especially since they're voting for him and most of the position holders

I won't hold my breath.
BCNext.

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:22:52 PM

I am very disappointed with the performance of MMC2
x0rcist

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 01:25:35 AM

Good luck

Yep, I know.

This is what I posted there earlier today.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1635.msg23848#msg23848

It seems MaxPwr got me banned from bitsharetalk.org

My profile name is/was SkyscraperFarms over there and on reddit. My user name no longer exists. My posts are still there though.

It looks as though someone at Invictus may be in bed with MaxPwr and FreeTrade. I guess with the PTS premine award in MMC,  someone if not a few definitely have something to lose in MMC.

WTF? I already told before this FreeTrade is a scam with PTS MMC and now AGS...
hownowbrowncow

Activity: 262

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:50:40 AM

This is a terrible plan. If you don't like the way Memory Coin works, go mine a different coin.

I think this is precisely the magic of this coin, owners get to decide what they want, that's why people vote Smiley

Where is the magic in having the memory coins I've mined become worthless??
hownowbrowncow

Activity: 262

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:33:42 AM

I am very disappointed with the performance of MMC2

You're not going to see the growth you want until this mutiny attempt by Newmine ends.
FreeTrade
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:37:51 AM

Yes, worth noting that he doesn't seem to have many MemoryCoin himself, but instead is advising others to shoot themselves in the foot. Maybe wants to create a lower buy-in point. Sad

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
seraphim_bts

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:49:34 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 10:13:31 AM by seraphim_bts

While people here complain about the officers doing nothing, the support team is working hard on getting stuff done.
Status update: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1653.msg24467#msg24467

Newmine slowly is becoming a thread to our efforts. If you want us to keep up our work, give us your vote.
Without the coins from the grant I cannot keep on paying the team, and I think no one who cares about the coins future wants MMC to have a homepage with only parts of it translated to other languages...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: