Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:55:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 12 (2 T/hash) early Jan CoinTerra order.  (Read 9509 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:02:58 AM

eh... its all semantics until we see what the network hash rate and the price of bitcoin is in the next month. As is. Antminers are .55 gh/watt. Cointerra is .8gh/s. I have several antiminers and I am still adding. The energy usage is negligible as far as profitability goes.

I agree about the energy.  Figure 6-8 weeks usefullness then time to upgrade miners.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:37:29 PM

They are supposedly shipping tomorrow... I would guess that they could be delayed till monday shipping. And yes my friend, it seems china is undercutting your hardware. They gotta be shipping around 500 th every two weeks now.

So I can order 10,000 units tomorrow? There has to be some delay other than shipping times.

Also anyone have any of these in hand or are they so far a vapor product?

They have been shipping for the past 6 weeks in large amounts.  I have 9.  The next price drop later next week will be 1.25 Btc for 200 Gh/s (overclocked).  Delivery is always UPS Express Saver International.  Shipped on Monday arrives on Wednesday.
For those of us who did not order these big miners, it's the best deal going. 
Two TH/s right now for $10,300.  Later in the week it will be $8,887.
I would pay a premium for getting 10 miner boxes down to 1 and the electric savings, as anyone would.  But not too much of a premium since these things stack three high and you can run three off a 1350w PSU.
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:10:34 PM

They are supposedly shipping tomorrow... I would guess that they could be delayed till monday shipping. And yes my friend, it seems china is undercutting your hardware. They gotta be shipping around 500 th every two weeks now.

So I can order 10,000 units tomorrow? There has to be some delay other than shipping times.

Also anyone have any of these in hand or are they so far a vapor product?

They have been shipping for the past 6 weeks in large amounts.  I have 9.  The next price drop later next week will be 1.25 Btc for 200 Gh/s (overclocked).  Delivery is always UPS Express Saver International.  Shipped on Monday arrives on Wednesday.
For those of us who did not order these big miners, it's the best deal going. 
Two TH/s right now for $10,300.  Later in the week it will be $8,887.
I would pay a premium for getting 10 miner boxes down to 1 and the electric savings, as anyone would.  But not too much of a premium since these things stack three high and you can run three off a 1350w PSU.

The quick pricing adjustment discounts following the increase in network difficulty more than offsets the $7 a day in electricity savings.
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:57:53 AM

Well it looks like I'm just going to be keeping these unless I get at least $11,000 for them. These will mine for months after the others are too pricey cuz of electricity.

I best call out the power guy I guess and run a bunch of 220!  Smiley

Good luck to you.
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 01:52:24 PM

Well it looks like I'm just going to be keeping these unless I get at least $11,000 for them. These will mine for months after the others are too pricey cuz of electricity.

Good luck to you.

Thanks. The hardest part so far was telling the guys I need normal plugs for the 220. In the USA we use these crazy large plugs for 220 most of the time.

The hardest problem is getting an electrician to side step the NEC if you want to change things up like that.. A licensed electrician can lose his license for violations like the one you are asking him to commit.

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:16:56 PM

Good luck to you.

Thanks. The hardest part so far was telling the guys I need normal plugs for the 220. In the USA we use these crazy large plugs for 220 most of the time.

The hardest problem is getting an electrician to side step the NEC if you want to change things up like that.. A licensed electrician can lose his license for violations like the one you are asking him to commit.

I would imagine it's possible to get an adapter for those.  I have a friend who has something like 10 KNC miners in his house.  His problem is he literally has no more electricity.  When he tries to put the next one in it blows breakers.  Took him forever to balance the load so he could have 10.
For the amount of coin you are going to make with those you should rent space in a data center.  Depending on where you live you can get a cabinet with two 30 amp outlets (maybe more) for about $900 a month with electricity included.
turk

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:12:24 PM

These run off of 220? 
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:46:11 PM

Correct most power supplies accept 120-240.  Some have a little switch on the back and some are auto sensing.

Goat not sure if you are still putting a few in the house, but can't get an electrician do that swap...  But if you go to Home Depot and find the English speaking one of the group you can do it plus if the wife wants anything else done they have that covered to!  LOL!  Wink
willphase

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:52:24 PM

Good luck to you.

Watch out here - they use 'crazy large plugs' for a reason - because running 30A at 240V needs higher gauge connectors and cables than normal US 110V 5A.  Watch you don't burn your house down!  I ended up paying over $600 for some quality power cables and splitters that ran on NEMA 6-20, well worth it.

Will

frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 11:07:45 AM

should be changed to 19.2 TH of orders to be sold  Grin

jermwerty

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:51:20 AM

testerx's December unit arrived today ..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=461077.0

He's not happy with the initial performance parameters though ..

Triff ..

Ouch so he's only getting 1.2TH at the pool...  

Lets do the ANTMINER Math again on this  -- 1.45BTC*6 = 8.7BTC cost for same hashing power in ANTS.  If we use the last MTGOX price of $575 that is basically $5K worth of ANTS to match a cointerra box... WOW - interesting.  I really wanted to bid on a goat box but it seems more and more likely by the time they arrive the only logical choice will just be to mine them out!

Now we all know today is a big lul in price due to all the exchange issues but still...
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:08:47 AM

Out of curiosity...were these sold and for how much?
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:21:40 PM

Out of curiosity...were these sold and for how much?

yeah like 12k usd

also getting three more tomorrow.
Disturbing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: