Print  
Author Topic: nice  (Read 422 times)
flexgroo (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
⇾ nice
December 29, 2013, 03:49:57 AM

Finally got home from Afghanistan, took two days, now its time to build my alt coin miner...  any hints or expertise would be helpful.

i would like to use 3 290x, unless someone tells me otherwise...  Also if any case is worth it, i saw a cool master case that can keep 3 gpis cool enough, and that would be great, for i will be taking this with me back to Afghanistan and use it there, so if it looks like a computer if would be better, hate for someone to come in and look at gpus hanging around everywhere, lol

thanks for any info
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:57:48 AM

You'll want to go with the reg 290s - they are better bang/buck than the 290x's.

You will also want a quality 1200w PSU (a tad bit overkill, but worth it), such as a Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, Enermax, LEPA (rebranded Enermax), or XFX Core (rebranded Seasonic).

Also, you only need 4GB ram.
animekub

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:59:45 AM

I prefer an open rig myself with something like a box fan to cool the cards, not something enclosed like a PC case unless you can get good airflow in there
sibilant_doge

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 04:01:04 AM

Welcome home, brother.  Best advice I can give is check the charts and prices to make sure you get best hash per dollar. If you're in the B's (nm just saw you're a contractor lawl) power consumption isn't a problem, but try not to blow the breakers, that may draw some unwanted attention.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: