Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:57:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto-Funded College Education  (Read 837 times)
Mr.V (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:52:41 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 09:03:11 AM by Mr.V

blah

BTC:1NwEE7C2hVLSNGwSrFvsYgTrKddCvfhRwY
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
duuuuude

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:54:01 AM

common begger, begging for cryptos,  doesnt matter what cover story you use, it is still the same thing.

j
Mr.V (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 04:02:17 AM

Well I'm going to give away a Scrypt miner to someone that help me, so its not totally altruistic. Anyway thanks for the good vibes. God bless

duuuuude

Activity: 938

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 04:50:08 AM

1 no need to bring imaginary people into this,
2 why not just sell the scrypt tower and directly pay for your classes like a real person.

j
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 04:52:21 AM

Put this man back in the newb sections
xIronCrossx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 04:54:25 AM

You're taking like no credits per semester and started off with some really low classes. It's gonna take you years at this rate.

BTC - 1Comr6M3WohRK94Wi1PVTV8szhxjzLd9yd
Mr.V (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:28:04 AM

You're taking like no credits per semester and started off with some really low classes. It's gonna take you years at this rate.

Some ppl actually have to try and stay alive while going to school. I was going to school and working at the same time. Currently I am not able to just focus on school, but that doesn't mean I don't have intellectual talent.

bgman

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:06:38 AM

College is overrated and is not for everyone.  Have you considered vo-tech schools?
Mr.V (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:16:48 AM

College is overrated and is not for everyone.  Have you considered vo-tech schools?

I'm really set on trying to peruse a future career as a molecular biologist/clinical scientist. I've been pretty good in science my whole life and would like to do clinical research one day and help make a contribution in the medical field. I will accomplish this however, it may take along while lol because I have to go to school part-time for now.

Mr.V (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 12:24:55 PM

I guess this forum is filled with so much scammers tht even a humble person such as myself will be bashed no matter what progress or efforts I would have shared with you guys in my schooling. This thread is being filled with nothing but negativity, I thought this community would have reacted differently to some one that is actually trying to make a positive contribution to society, but I guess I was wrong.

crypto25

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:20:11 PM

I am sure we can expect some brilliant research from this guy...
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:44:13 PM

I'm not going to go as far as to call you a liar, but unfortunately 99% people of the people with a backstory asking for donations are liars and scam artists.

That is by no means to suggest that I think you are one. I honestly have no way of knowing either way. Unfortunately you're in a sea of cynicism and distrust, and you'll have a difficult time, honest or not, of making any money from this.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 12:46:35 PM

If you cannot find anyone more deserving of subsidised college than yourself your research skills suck maybe you should forget college and go take some night school class on how to use Google or how to find information or something, you don't seem like a good research type person at all...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:57:38 PM

I had, at one point, considered opening a crypto-philanthropy service. BUT after seeing reactions here, I'm not sure it'd be well received.
Mr.V (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:42:26 AM

If you cannot find anyone more deserving of subsidised college than yourself your research skills suck maybe you should forget college and go take some night school class on how to use Google or how to find information or something, you don't seem like a good research type person at all...

-MarkM-

I get what I can from the fed pell but it isn't enough to live and go to school full time. This post was one of those last resort type of things. I know tht this forum is filled with a lot of multimillionairs, so I didn't see a problem with it. I know now tht this place is not about the improvement of community/society but instead full of greedy and very distasteful personalities like yourself who's only goal in life is to put others down

Mr.V (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:48:01 AM

I had, at one point, considered opening a crypto-philanthropy service. BUT after seeing reactions here, I'm not sure it'd be well received.
It's suck that this is how ppl are. I thought at least one heart would be touched to help me even if it was just a penny but nope. If one of the coins I hold happen to make me a very wealthy man one day I'm going to create a crypto-scholarship for financial need based science majors. It sucks having talent but not a lot of resources so hope I can help someone one day.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: