Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:13:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New - Important Global Bitcoin Research  (Read 1460 times)
NeverLoseVision (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 04:33:20 AM

Hello, friends.

I'm dropping off some more Bitcoin research for those interested.

As the global Bitcoin network and eco-system continue to grow I have been logging (since October) very specific data sets on "anything Bitcoin" ranging from the USPTO intellectual property database, new business filings, premium Bitcoin domain name asset sales and development, and most importantly perhaps, (other than the venture capital news of course), Google search query volumes for Bitcoin related searches.

The research below identifies the average monthly searches for a particular query on Google. If you study the exact match "search queries" and related search archives "content" you can uncover a much more interesting "big picture" than what your local news media is delivering.

Conclusion? Bitcoin is slowly growing - quite literally - around the world.

That being said, I believe we are in the 1st inning of the baseball game. If you were thinking the volumes should be higher just keep in mind this is only data from Google, excluding Yahoo, Bing, Baidu, Yandex, etc., and, they were flat-line 0-0-0 across the board just weeks ago...

In plain english, the higher the search volume the higher the overall popularity and interest. The higher the PPC (bid price) for the search query, the more competition, regardless of volume data. As more innovation occurs, investment and news will follow. Search Engine archives will thicken as will the monthly search volumes and bid pricing. I would anticipate companies like BitPay, CoinBase, BlockChain, Circle, MtGox, Btc-E, and a few others to initiate some paid geo-targeted marketing campaigns in q1 of 2014 considering the potential. Right now we've noticed CoinBase advertising for "Bitcoin Wallet" in recent weeks so the pieces are coming together.

On another note, a prime factor in the value and correlation of geo-search queries and geo-domain assets is the representation of popularity and "brand value" of the root itself. Example: GermanyBitcoin.com is a premium domain that has a "cash value" because it is the most generic and most credible form of a digital brand for that particular vertical. It acts as an authoritative destination and makes the development an instant player given the competitive advantage, exactly why we frequently see long-tail geo-domains sell for $x,xxx - $xxx,xxx each. It boils down to opportunity cost and the potential ROI for a local wallet or exchange. More on this later in a new post.

Date: 12/28/2013 @ 11:11pm EST

Geographic - Search Query = Average Monthly Searches > Suggested Bid (PPC)

--------------------- >>>

China Bitcoin = 720 > $2.09
Canada Bitcoin = 390 > $0.44
Zimbabwe Bitcoin = 320 > nda
Germany Bitcoin = 260 >nda
Thailand Bitcoin = 170 > $0.10
Argentina Bitcoin = 140 > $0.35
India Bitcoin = 90 > $0.96
Iran Bitcoin = 90 > $3.25
Australia Bitcoin = 70 > $3.47
France Bitcoin = 50 > $1.45
Japan Bitcoin = 40 > $1.75
Kenya Bitcoin = 40 > nda
Iceland Bitcoin = 30 > $1.55
Finland Bitcoin = 30 > nda
New Zealand Bitcoin = 30 > $1.42
South Africa Bitcoin = 20 > nda
Mexico Bitcoin = 20 > $0.15
Sweden Bitcoin = 10 > $0.46
Belgium Bitcoin = 10 > $1.39
Russia Bitcoin = 10 > $1.82
Philippines Bitcoin = 10 > $0.93
Turkey Bitcoin = 10 > nda
Slovenia Bitcoin = 10 > nda
Brazil Bitcoin = 10 > nda
Chile Bitcoin = 10 > $0.56
USA Bitcoin = 10 > $1.42

If you have any questions, would like to share relevant information, or would like to hire me, just shoot me a message. Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coinrevo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:16:02 AM

The heavily frequented Bitcoin sites, will have quite accurate data in terms of geographic distribution. There is definitely demand for some good data analysis, say integrating .com, namecoin .bit stats, Twitter, blockchain stats, google trends, etc. I'm not sure what these PPC figures are supposed to mean.
scottjv

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:15:15 AM

great research. I'm looking forward to see the changes/growth in the coming months.

How often will you be posting these results?
NeverLoseVision (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:21:01 PM

The heavily frequented Bitcoin sites, will have quite accurate data in terms of geographic distribution. There is definitely demand for some good data analysis, say integrating .com, namecoin .bit stats, Twitter, blockchain stats, google trends, etc. I'm not sure what these PPC figures are supposed to mean.

Hi CoinRevo.

Thanks for the note, however, I have to professionally disagree with your perspective.

If Toyota and Honda release their global sales figures for Q4 on their investor relations call, does that suggest the entire market spend, and or trend? Think of it this way. Even if every single major Bitcoin related website posted their traffic data, (which they would never do), it still only offers a limited scope in to the global movement.

As an example, in Germany or lets say Australia, Google has IP-based solutions with Google.de and Google.com.au for those markets. That being said, many companies tend to use country-specific (geo-targeted) campaigns for a tailored audience. That being said however, the term "global" is interesting as it relates to country-specific Google websites as the organic and paid content is usually inconsistent. Further to my point, if you search with these "Country + Bitcoin" search queries you can find country specific archives, startup companies, and general hyper-local news content that doesn't always penetrate your local U.S. city news stand.

And so, at least in my opinion, there is tremendous value in watching the country-by-country developments from behind the scenes. It's pretty impressive to see the countless and growing number of entities that are paying for targeted web traffic to promote Bitcoin through their independent platforms. At the end of the day, no matter how "digital and global" Bitcoin is, the Internet is-and-has-been trending LOCAL for years now and these "Country + Bitcoin" searches (organic and PPC data) alongside the exact match domain assets will rise in value accordingly.
NeverLoseVision (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:23:29 PM

great research. I'm looking forward to see the changes/growth in the coming months.

How often will you be posting these results?

Hi ScottJV.

Thanks for your nice comment.

I'm not sure when I will update the list to be honest. Maybe I'll just post on the 28th of each month to make it simple. It will be interesting to see the growth with the existing popular markets, but more so, the rise in new searches for new countries entering in to the world of Bitcoin.
nodroids

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:38:44 PM

thanks, I've been following this too. I agree, we are still early days. Lots of upside here before the banksters have the govs throwing us in jail for having traded bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: