Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:54:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin emBassy, Tel Aviv, Israel  (Read 2075 times)
yona (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:42:55 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2013, 10:14:57 AM by yona

I am glad to announce that november 3rd we have opened a bitcoin embassy in tel-aviv, Ahuzat bayit 1, at street level, right infront of the new israeli stock exchange building.
You can see our landing page www.bitembassy.org and Facebook:https: www.facebook.com/pages/Bitcoin-emBassy-שגרירות-ביטקוין/598594583521066
We have since been been building the place up, figuring out what an 'embassy' should be doing...
Lot's of people come around every day, and there are 3-5 permenant members of the community that come daily and work from the embassy while manning it, plus there is a gallery floor we rent out to a bitcoin startup, and they also keep the place alive.

We have walkins, satoshi square meetings, wallet instructions, developer nights, and we are working to make a bitcoin innovation lab close by. We sell cafe and stuff for bitcoin only (all going towards donations for the community), also hope to install a lamasu ATM we ordered (and should arrive febuary)

The embassy is a non-profit, i am funding it at the moment, but we have much help from the community including the israeli bitcoin association and we hope to make it sustainable within a year
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:32:00 AM

Wow, that's exactly what I'm planning to do in the US. Very cool
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 12:17:09 PM

Anybody stupid enough to scream 'greedy jews' better check themselves. Hard.
razibuzouzou

Activity: 354
Merit: 251

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 01:33:38 PM

Awesome, very nice and inspiring, keep up !
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:50:00 PM

I don't know what the Israeli Central Bank thinks about Bitcoin, but this is a huge step for Bitcoiners in the Middle-East.
Dr Bloggood

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 04:55:59 PM

Sounds like a very cool project! Awesome!

Good luck to you guys!
Sagiv

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 05:55:56 PM

That's awesome. I'm originally from Israel, so I'm proud of you.
LAMarcellus

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 06:19:10 PM

"Anybody stupid enough to scream 'greedy jews' better check themselves. Hard."
This is unKosher... you censoring piece of shit.

"That's awesome. I'm originally from Israel, so I'm proud of you."
How about screaming 'Jews are the superior race and all Goyem are here to serve us and I'm proud of you just because you're not Goyem??!?

All we can do is laugh. So here is a joke.  Smiley

Black bras - The Business Deal
A Chinese guy goes to a Jew to buy black bras, size 38.
The Jew, known for his skills as a businessman, says that black bras are rare and that he is finding it very difficult to buy them from his suppliers. Therefore he has to charge $50.00 for them.

The Chinese guy buys 25 pairs.

He returns a few days later and this time orders fifty.

The Jew tells him that they have become even harder to get and charges him $60.00 each.

The Chinese guy returns a month later and buys the Jews remaining stock of 50, and this time for $75.00 each.

The Jew is somewhat puzzled by the large demand for black size 38 bras and asks the Chinese guy, "...please tell me - What do you do with all these black bras?"

The Chinese guy answers: "I cut them in half and sell them as skull caps to you Jews for $200.00 each."

.......and this is why the Chinese own us!
"Business is Business"

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. – Albert Camus
Morbo

Activity: 115
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 06:53:59 PM

The Jew, known for his skills as a businessman, says that black bras are rare and that he is finding it very difficult to buy them from his suppliers. Therefore he has to charge $50.00 for them.

The Jew tells him that they have become even harder to get and charges him $60.00 each.

The Chinese guy returns a month later and buys the Jews remaining stock of 50, and this time for $75.00 each.

The Jew is somewhat puzzled by the large demand for black size 38 bras and asks the Chinese guy, "...please tell me - What do you do with all these black bras?"

The Chinese guy answers: "I cut them in half and sell them as skull caps to you Jews for $200.00 each."

"Business is Business"

so TradeFortress

http://drunkyoda.tk/ - Bitcoin blog by newbie for newbies (no ads, no reflinks, no donation begging)
bluemeanie1

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 07:29:59 PM

How about screaming 'Jews are the superior race and all Goyem are here to serve us and I'm proud of you just because you're not Goyem??!?

"Business is Business"

אח סיפור מגניב

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?
bluemeanie1

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 07:46:21 PM

I am glad to announce that november 3rd we have opened a bitcoin embassy in tel-aviv, Ahuzat bayit 1, at street level, right infront of the new israeli stock exchange building.
You can see our landing page www.bitembassy.org and Facebook:https: www.facebook.com/pages/Bitcoin-emBassy-שגרירות-ביטקוין/598594583521066
We have since been been building the place up, figuring out what an 'embassy' should be doing...
Lot's of people come around every day, and there are 3-5 permenant members of the community that come daily and work from the embassy while manning it, plus there is a gallery floor we rent out to a bitcoin startup, and they also keep the place alive.

We have walkins, satoshi square meetings, wallet instructions, developer nights, and we are working to make a bitcoin innovation lab close by. We sell cafe and stuff for bitcoin only (all going towards donations for the community), also hope to install a lamasu ATM we ordered (and should arrive febuary)

The embassy is a non-profit, i am funding it at the moment, but we have much help from the community including the israeli bitcoin association and we hope to make it sustainable within a year

ישר כח

are you involved with the Mastercoin project?

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?
nodroids

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:10:15 PM

wow! Um, beyond awesome. GREAT WORK! right across from the new stock exchange?! I won't even ask how you pulled that one off.
gavgav

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:22:40 PM

מזל טוב and good luck!! may fly out and visit you...
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 07:10:19 AM

This is awesome! I wonder why it's yet to receive any news coverage.  Huh
Congrats!
yona (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 07:57:14 AM

Thanks for the support...

Israel has become quite a Bitcoin hub.

I don't know it has to do with being jewish as much as it has to do with the israeli frame of mind. Alot of people here think independently, this is one of the reasons we have such a large startup per capita ratio, and might be the reason we have a huge bitcoin community...

The meetup group here is more then 1 thousand members, and this is for a very small country. We have bi-weekly meetups organized by the israeli bitcoin association, and just last week we had the first miss-bitcoin meetup, that moran from the emBassy organized. For what i know it's one of the first (if not the first) female bitcoin event, There were around 50 attending and media coverage.

We have had 2 israeli mastercoin board meeting in the emBassy.. So yea, we support all crypto-currency projects.

Things are starting to take form, we are not even finished renovating the place so we can have a sort of formal opening, this is our first thread announcement... So i hope you hear of us in the media soon...
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 08:45:46 AM

"Business is Business"

Meanwhile, a japanese guy is fucking the hell out of the chinese guy's wife and mistress. And there's nothing the chink can do about it. Not if he likes his money.

LOL you butthurt bitch. You got the chinese and jews backwards, and substitute skull cap for rice bowls/'luxury goods'

Because jews are the ones selling their kidneys for an overpriced iphone LOL
Nancarrow

Activity: 492

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:54:03 PM

Congrats to the OP. Hope it takes off big time.

And Honeypot and Marcellus make such a lovely couple. Especially on my... list.

If I've said anything amusing and/or informative and you're feeling generous:
1GNJq39NYtf7cn2QFZZuP5vmC1mTs63rEW
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:58:46 PM

Very nice to hear. Good position also, this is a big leap for Bitcoin and I wish you the best of luck!
DodoB

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:01:05 PM

Good luck,i heard bitcoin is gaining a lot of popularity in israel from my israeli friend.
bazar165g

Activity: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:15:15 AM

ok, well. i find scammers Adam Perlow, he member Bitcoin EmBassy TLV. I pay bounty 0.5 btc who meet with Adam and say that he scammer (need video) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=646745.0

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: