Bitcoin Forum
September 22, 2024, 09:51:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: buy / sell orders  (Read 492 times)
Antonioz (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:26:10 AM

Hello! I was wondering how do I normally set orders like a stop loss for example? I'm mainly using btc-e or bitstamp, but let's say litecoin is at 22 and I want to sell when it goes to 21, if I sell x amount of litecoins and set 21 as price I think it just sell them immediately at 21, or if I want to buy when it's higher it buys them immediately for a higher price. Is there any way to actually set an order to execute only when a coin goes to the price I want? thank you!
openagain

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:32:03 AM

just set the order price, it automatically goes through when it reaches that price
journeytodogecoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:32:56 AM

Hello! I was wondering how do I normally set orders like a stop loss for example? I'm mainly using btc-e or bitstamp, but let's say litecoin is at 22 and I want to sell when it goes to 21, if I sell x amount of litecoins and set 21 as price I think it just sell them immediately at 21, or if I want to buy when it's higher it buys them immediately for a higher price. Is there any way to actually set an order to execute only when a coin goes to the price I want? thank you!
Honesty, on BTC-E you can only sell at a price mark of whats there. Why don't u sell here and make a profit? Those exchangers give u a sucky price cause they know at desperate times we would take it
Antonioz (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:26:12 AM

the order goes through when it reaches the price only if it's going down, for example if ltc is 22 and i want to buy at 21 that works, but let's say I want to buy when it's going up so at like 22.5, if I set a buy at 22.5 and ltc is at 22, I will still buy it immediately but for 22.5, and I think if I set to sell for a lower price it just sells it for that price immediately, it only works for buying at lower price. When you say "sell here" you mean through the forum?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: