Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:54:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTER doesn't allow cancelling of sell (nor buy?) orders?  (Read 875 times)
markm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 09:29:55 AM

BTER's scripts (they are used elsewhere also so this might apply to any exchange using those scripts) seem to be broken.

It will not let me cancel my highball sell orders.

The tables where it purports to be showing me my active orders only shows four of my sell orders, and those are the lowest ones, which are not the ones I want to cancel because, who knows, maybe someone might actually take me up on some of them.

But I spent a lot of tiem yesterday placing orders way way up high, step by step, and the pale blue shading on the order book that indicates prices at which at least part of the order is your own shows many of my orders must still be active, although that table too only shows some of them, maybe about halfway up through the range of orders that I placed.

Now I wanted to cancel a few of my highest sell-orders but they do not even appear on the list of active orders.

Is this just a temporary glitch or is that script "broken by design" or what?

I think the active orders list might also not be showing all of my buy orders either. It only shows four of my sell orders and the rest of what it shows are buy orders, but it is not showing many orders at all so I suspect quite likely the buy orders that it does show are only a few of what I actually placed.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trilogy456

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

ASICMINER shares: Havelockinvestments.com

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:54:48 AM

You probably got this figured out but, to cancel an order, click "List my active orders", under "My Trade History", and you can cancel there.

I too noticed that orders outside the ones currently listed, aren't showing up in the order table.

******ASICMINER T U B E - The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far. DISCOVER NOW !!!******
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735728.0/
markm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 06:28:48 AM

You probably got this figured out but, to cancel an order, click "List my active orders", under "My Trade History", and you can cancel there.

I too noticed that orders outside the ones currently listed, aren't showing up in the order table.

No, that is what is broken: it does not even show any of my sell orders in the list of active orders, just a few of my buy orders.

Basically it looks like it maybe only shows a few of your orders, maybe just the last few that you placed, whereas of course typically the ones you need to cancel tend to be the oldest ones.

For example I need to cancel my highest highball sell offer to place a lower low sell offer.

But none of my sell offers are shown on the active orders list at all, only buy offers, because after I had placed all my original sell orders starting way way up high highball offer and stepping down down down down in steps all the way to near where the sells meet the buys, I then went through the buy side placing buy orders all the way from outrageously lowball up and up and up in steps to near where buys and sells meet.

Only those last few orders, the last few buy orders as it happens, are shown in the active orders list.

Meanwhile although a bunch of the lowest price sell orders did get accepted by buyers, the active trading price-range has moved back down somewhat so I now need to move some highball sell offers down toward the active zone but none of them are shown on the active orders list so none of them can currently be cancelled.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
LushVixen

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:03:29 PM

broken by design? or fixed after a vacation Smiley
markm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 11:41:02 AM

Broken by design, I think.

I suspect they simply have some tiny number they use for how many active orders to display, instead of actually showing all your hundreds or whatever of active orders that you actually have.

-MarkM-

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: