Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:33:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] KNCMiner Neptune 1st Public Batch PreOrder  (Read 841 times)
thedarke (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 01:36:40 PM

Hi

Gauging interest in a KNCMiner Neptune shipping in the 1st Public Batch (order no: 14909)- one of several. Happy to talk BTC or direct bank transfer. Based in the UK.

Offers above 30 BTC considered.
thedarke (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:13:39 AM

Proof order is Paid as well

http://s27.postimg.org/xi8ovjmeb/Neptune.png
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 02:25:14 PM

When are they supposed to ship this?
vpasic

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:04:11 PM

Q2 2014

Tips: 1Ejj8eANy2PLZVwrWUczkbQ8kQY2JhKqp6
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:56:47 PM

Are you asking for 24k for both or one?
thedarke (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:14:07 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2014, 02:27:01 PM by thedarke

Given BTC price is marching back up, I'll put a fiat number on it- equiv of $22k for 1- not both. I could just let it come in and mine and get 150% ROI minimum, or I can sell it to someone who didn't get in early, and they can instead- hence why this is a 'anyone interested?'. Based on todays pricing at Bitstamp (because MtGox is b*ll*cks- you can't get your money out, so the prices are artificially inflated), 29.33 BTC.

Also worth pointing out the invoice doesn't include the VAT (20%) we have paid on it as well. God love sales taxes- hence the $22k.

Given the 3 TH/s is also up for debate with KNC- they're pitching for it to have the same relative punch as the Batch #1 of the Jupiters, and they are actually saying Q1/Q2 2014 and given KNCs previous reliability on timelines- the only ASIC manufacturer who is a lying overselling bunch of a-holes, I'm inclined to believe in them getting this in for March/April- hence why I want to keep 1.

Feel free to make counter offers as well.
JimmyCoin

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:03:45 PM

So you're asking close to 30k for one of these and then we have to pay customs tax.

My calculations go something like this

3TH @ 30BTC - mining from 1st of march 2014 would never see a ROI

Hell even @15BTC you would barely break even on this machine after 4 months and then you would hardly make a profit.

Not to mention the revisions that will come out just like they did for the Jupiter. KnC sold these machines for too much with too little power compared to the current difficulty level.

Sorry to break the bad news to you and to everyone else that got these machines. I really feel sorry for the ones who get their delivery in april/may. Atleast you can mine for a few weeks then sell them off and make something back.

Good luck!

Edit: - Increments are calculated by 30%. Now when KnC and every other manufactures dumps their machines on the market we could easily see a 50% increase every 2 weeks.
Lightwave

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:17:33 PM

I will offer 10 BTC for this machine.
Anddos

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:24:55 PM

So you're asking close to 30k for one of these and then we have to pay customs tax.

Hell even @15BTC you would barely break even on this machine after 4 months and then you would hardly make a profit.

Not to mention the revisions that will come out just like they did for the Jupiter. KnC sold these machines for too much with too little power compared to the current difficulty level.

Sorry to break the bad news to you and to everyone else that got these machines. I really feel sorry for the ones who get their delivery in april/may. Atleast you can mine for a few weeks then sell them off and make something back.

Good luck!

Edit: - Increments are calculated by 30%. Now when KnC and every other manufactures dumps their machines on the market we could easily see a 50% increase every 2 weeks.

It will be Increments of 75% - 80%
Theres atleast 5 Big manufactoers pumping out 600GH per asic

JimmyCoin

Activity: 88

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:04:36 AM

Good luck!

It will be Increments of 75% - 80%
Theres atleast 5 Big manufactoers pumping out 600GH per asic

ii agree
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: