As many of you may have noticed I've not been too active on the forums over the last two weeks or so, I've also not really been on IRC or any other kind of chat either.
There are two primary reasons
1) I'm tired of all your shit .... kidding kidding, actually I've got a nasty ear infection thats threatening to turn into an even nastier case of meningitis.
2) I've been (heroically--see above) working on the next version of the Global Bitcoin Stock Exchange.
This has been some time coming, a lot of changes that needed to be made were under the hood, on the server. When we started GLBSE a lot of things were done in a rush and much of the code wasn't very well structured(read: adding features and making changes was painfull and accident prone). Over the last couple of weeks I've been busy refactoring so that we have a nice, clean easy to work with platform.
As of posting I have just brought all the current site functionailty (not the site itself though, thats for tomorrow) over to the new platform and we are almost done with testing.
I intend to finish the final round of testing in about 14 hours from now (essentially I go to bed and continue when I get up in the morning), as long as this doesn't bring out any show stoppers then we will be good to go.
BUT WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR ME!!!!! you scream.
1) You will be able to start using the new python and Node.js libraries to easily start interacting with GLBSE, this means TRADING BOTS and WEBSITE INTEGRATION!!!
2) We will have direct, instant, account to account bitcoin transfer
3) Security will be beefed up even more, and we can finally start recommending the use of GLBSE as an online wallet and instant payment service (probably the most secure out there.)
4) Awesome (as some might say, normal) easy to understand transaction records with things like being able to see exactly how much bitcoin you paid for a particular asset
5) See what account has transfered bitcoin or assets to yours.
6) Live streaming of all trades using websockets (again for all you bot lovers out there).
And those are just what we will be rolling out tomorrow (crossing fingers), because of the changes in the platform adding features and making changes in the future will be much easier and faster for us. This means that GLBSE will start adding more faetures at a faster rate than before(hopefully).
We'll finally be able to begin adding smart contracts, and options on everything in GLBSE (including bitcoin), and begin development of an Android GLBSE client (which you'll also be able to use for instant mobile btc transfers (or payments as some would like to say).
And finally we'll start rolling out Exchange in a Box, where anyone with a bank account can start their own bitcoin exchange.