Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:09:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Service: Programming tutor (Flash/Actionscript)  (Read 1016 times)
ThomasAnderson (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 05:54:34 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2011, 06:09:05 PM by ThomasAnderson

I offer online programming lessons. Primarily Flash/Actionscript programming, however I am fluent in other languages as well.

Why use my services?

- Save years - I can get you on your feet in 2 weeks or under.
 - No replacement for a mentor - books and tutorials do help, but do not cut it compared to a tutor.
 - Self sufficiency - You will be able to program yourself, no catch.

I accept Bitcoin!

For more information, please visit:

http://www.danilovich.net/programming-tutor

PS. I think this is a better way to get my 5th post then to spam something random on the newbies forum. Take care.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BookLover

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

^Bitcoin Library of Congress.

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 09:15:21 PM

How experienced are you and who have you worked for?  What age are you and how did you learn?  What kind of price range are you looking for?

I'm interested in learning more about what you have to offer, but I don't believe I personally will be interested.

ThomasAnderson (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 12:56:54 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2011, 01:07:34 AM by ThomasAnderson

Hello.

If I had to put it in a single sentence, i guess my strong point is rich media... games specifically.

I've got about 4 years of grueling flash freelancer work experience working for employers on a ton of small 2D games and other similar projects that can be done in flash. I probably wrote from scratch at least 30-40 games in AS2/AS3, some of them small, some of them large, and maintained in some way or another, 150+ other games that were written by people before me that I had to rewrite, port form AS2 to AS3 and similar other yada yad. If you imagine some type of 2D game, there is a good chance I worked on a game similar to it sometime in the past.

So i know a lot about rich media stuff.

I'm also a Away3D developer and I am currently creating a 3D game in my spare time in it, so I know how 3D stuff works in flash as well. I don't recommend it though, you can barely create a game in it with decent performance (cpu only) and I'm one of the few people attempting it ( I guess I like to push things to their limits). That should change with flash 11 and molehill (gpu access), stil you ain't gonna make Crysis in it, I guarantee you that.

Apart from flash, I have experience from general purpose languages as well, though that is less pronounced then rich media stuff, as practical work experience was somewhat limited, mostly for clients wanting small things done for them.

I still however possess the required know how to teach new guys a lot of the general advanced programming theory applicable to most imperative, procedural, oop, event oriented, declarative (heh), yada yada languges. I think I would suck with functional and similar related concepts... I guess that since Actionscript is asynchronous and event oriented and OOP, those are my strong points...

Regarding low level stuff, I understand in general most stuff about how computers do their things, though I have not yet found time to properly learn assembly, i played a little bit with it, but for a person that understands the concepts (memory management?) as they relate to higher level languages, it isn't that much different apart from being ultra verbose + added memory perfomance stuff...

Correction, i guess I do know more or less low level assembly, but not the one you have ever probably heard of, it's AGAL (Adobe Graphics Assembly Language). It's the Flash player 11 stuff that will power 3d content in it. Trust me, you don't want to know about it though, it's shit that doesn't even allow you to fetch textures in vertex shaders... goodbye to bitcoin mining in flash (and any serious computations, the way they were done before CUDA and related stuff in any case (the old way)) Smiley.

I've written too much I guess. For the lolz, I'm 21 and I started all this when I was 13...

Edit 1: Ah, it's 20$ for a one hour lesson or 45$ for 3 hours (whatever the current exchange rate is for bitcoin). I like to think I concentrate on practicality, though of course, a great deal of theory is required to understand it.

Edit 2: this is me on stackoverflow, got hooked on it a month or so ago but lately I am growing sick of the generaly "low level" questions posted by freelancers whose things I have to fix when they don't work in my employers games (or that I have to completely rewrite, but those are just some Chinese Smiley )... Smiley

http://stackoverflow.com/users/471932/neoraptor
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: