Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:51:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER - WORTH IT?  (Read 7275 times)
phoenixsilverbird (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

BUYING ANTMINER S1!!!

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 08:15:33 PM

You're saying 8GH/s is worthless?

Depends on what you pay for it. Either way, 8GHs is not a significant amount of hash rate presently Sad

It might not be a bad idea to forego mining altogether, and just purchase BTC outright with whatever you were going to spend on mining equipment.

I'm paying 150 pounds plus shipping for it.

Once bitcoins are too hard to mine with my hardware setup, I plan to mine alternative cryptocurrencies - freicoins possibly.

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 08:30:24 PM

Depends on what you pay for it. Either way, 8GHs is not a significant amount of hash rate presently Sad
 It might not be a bad idea to forego mining altogether, and just purchase BTC outright with whatever you were going to spend on mining equipment.
I'm paying 150 pounds plus shipping for it.

Apologies for being blunt, but it's not worth it to get into mining with 150 pounds to spend IMO.

vpasic

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:37:41 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2013, 09:59:57 PM by vpasic

8Gh/s is worthless even if you get it for free!

You have no idea how high diff is!

30gh/s and even 50gh/s is worthless right now.

I have 170gh/s and I am earning 0.07btc/day. And in abouth a month I am pulling a plug for them!

What do you think you will earn with 8Gh/s???

Just forget about it.

Also there is no sha-256 coin more valued to mine instad of btc. At least not that much to make any diference.

Tips: 1Ejj8eANy2PLZVwrWUczkbQ8kQY2JhKqp6
Francisdoge

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:22:33 AM

yes, you can mine other sha-256 coins.
but for 150 pounds you can't earn anything. I mean you can start mining with some usb erupters and play a little bit but you will not earn anything.
If 150 pounds is all you are willing to invest then forget about it.
take your wife to a nice dinner, buy her some sexy laundry... it will be much more fun then invest in some worthless mining gear.

English is not my 1st language, but don't you mean sexy lingerie lol.

Sexy laundry, is how the sexy lingerie looks after the...  Roll Eyes

Sorry for the off topic
railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:58:53 AM

but for 150 pounds you can't earn anything. I mean you can start mining with some usb erupters and play a little bit but you will not earn anything.
take your wife to a nice dinner, buy her some sexy laundry... it will be much more fun then invest in some worthless mining gear.

Sorry for the off topic

now it's worth it. roflmao

mchu168

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:37:08 AM

Sorry for the off topic

Other than that HashFast thread, this is funniest thing I've ever read on bitcointalk.
vpasic

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 10:57:39 AM

Sorry for the off topic

LOL
you got that right!!
my bad.

Tips: 1Ejj8eANy2PLZVwrWUczkbQ8kQY2JhKqp6
dbell

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:49:10 AM

Antminer is about the best deal out there now for immediate delivery. 

Here is the Eligius predition for a current Antminer running overclocked at 200 GH

"Your approximate maximum potential earnings at the current network difficulty of 1,418,481,395.26 and maintaining your 3-hour average hash rate of 202.80 Gh/s is 0.07190112 BTC per day."

The one I am looking at has been mining since Dec. 19. 

In 13 days it returned 1.25 BTC.

In the next 15 days it will return only 1 BTC

Let's say the 20% increase in difficulty is an average that continues,  (may be a bad assumption for long considering 28mm ASICs), and give ourselves roughly 2 cycles per month, although it looks to be faster now.

Jan 1s Half:  1 BTC
Jan 2nd Half: 0.8 BTC
Feb 1st Half: 0.64 BTC
Feb 2nd Half: 0.51 BTC
Mar 1st Half: 0.4 BTC
Mar 2nd Half: 0.32 BTC

Total Jan through March = 3.7 BTC.

I think the above is optimistic since the 28nm ASIC miners will eventually begin shipping somewhere in this time.    CoinTerra has photos of their first ASICs back from the foundry and packaged ready to go into the first boards.  They could be shipping by mid January... or "test" mining until some later first delivery date.

Current Sushi Group Buy of Antminer ships on Jan 6th so let's say you miss the first 0.7 BTC of January if you buy one now.  You need to spend another $100 (0.125 BTC) on a decent power supply

Then if you believe the above, you will be at 3.0 BTC or less by the end of March and I have not subtracted the cost of electricity or the power supply.

As stated, the 28nm ASICs will start delivering and could force a much more pessimistic result pushing total ROI out into May or June.

By the time you are returning 0.01 BTC per day the miner may be worth about 0.5 BTC in resale or just keep it and mine out a final 0.5 BTC and keep is a historical piece that may be worth more some day.

Some would say, missing from the equation is the price of Bitcoin which might go up.  If you believe Bitcoin is going to go up, the lowest risk way to make money is to just buy some Bitcoin.  You can get in and out of a speculative Bitcoin investment fairly quickly.  Getting in and out of a hardware investment takes more time. 

One of the riskiest ways to bet on Bitcoin is to pre-invest on future hardware and especially future 28nm ASIC hardware.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: